Anyone else have a z10 that freezes and restarts itself? Happened three times yesterday and twice today. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:26 PM
    Happened once when I first got it yesterday it restarted itself haven't got that problem since

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:29 PM
    Happened to me. Your device is defective, exchange it for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-22-13 10:30 PM
    Had since UK release day its never froze or reset on its own

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:39 PM
    When I have had this happen, I was scrolling through different lists, usually a little on the rapid side. It hasn't happened very often.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:46 PM
    The #1 cause of random reboots from what I have observed are sideloaded apps.

Are you using any of those?
    03-23-13 12:10 AM
    This never happened the Z10 is flawless and perfect. How dare you imply otherwise you must be an employee of crapple!!! Besides, they always tell the truth! Grow up and learn how to use this wonderful Canadian device!
    03-23-13 12:27 AM
    This never happened the Z10 is flawless and perfect. How dare you imply otherwise you must be an employee of crapple!!! Besides, they always tell the truth! Grow up and learn how to use this wonderful Canadian device!
    EXACTLY!! Lol

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 12:35 AM
    The #1 cause of random reboots from what I have observed are sideloaded apps.

Are you using any of those?
    Almost everybody uses those. I have frequent reboots on mine (2-3 times a day). Always happens when it's in the original case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-13 12:37 AM
    I have had this happen a few times

Mike posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:54 AM
    BBRY, PLEASE FIX THIS with a more stable software!
    03-23-13 12:58 AM
    Lol. QNX isn't stable?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-23-13 01:03 AM
    EXACTLY!! Lol

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    He is being sarcastic. For some reason he feels the need to insult it. Threatened, burned in the past, who knows? All I know is that it is childish.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:15 AM
    Has not happened to me. I have not side loaded any apps.
    03-23-13 01:17 AM
    Almost everybody uses those.

Actually I sincerely doubt that. You can't make assumptions like that based on people posting on CB, for example, because there is a far, far higher percentage of "power users" here than there are in the general customer base.

There's a reason the Z10 documentation provides zero information on sideloading and you have to turn on this seeeeekrit "development mode" to sideload apps, and it's not because they want to encourage every Joe the Plumber and Jane the Bookkeeper to do it.

What sideloaded apps are you running?
    El Platanero likes this.
    03-23-13 04:49 AM
    Add me to the list. The freeze/restart episode occurred for the first time a few minutes ago shortly after installing Battery Guru. I purchased the Z10 on March 22nd and have not sideloaded any applications.

Anyone else have a z10 that freezes and restarts itself? Happened three times yesterday and twice today. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ecustomer; 03-26-13 at 12:33 PM.
    03-26-13 12:19 PM
    Haven't seen this username on a forum in a long time, Sandman.

My guess is it's the side loaded apps to be honest. There have been issues where the android runtime isn't shutting down even after you close the app.

I have had my phone freeze twice in the holster and it has rebooted on me one time while I was loading "Jetpack Joyride" in the background...

As you know I don't have a single side-loaded app... as much as BB gave us the function to do it I don't like the idea that it's older Android apps on an older emulator... I'll feel a lot better starting to sideload once BB brings Jellybean to the table.

-Chris-
    03-26-13 12:23 PM
    Also add me to the list.

I did download a android application in BlackBerry World but have NOT side loaded any applications... (And I refuse to).

Both times it crashed while my device was plugged into the playbook charger and using the Podcasts application
    03-26-13 02:31 PM
    MIne did it at least four times today. Should I take it back for a new one? No side loaded apps.
    03-30-13 08:43 PM
    Happened once when I first got it yesterday it restarted itself haven't got that problem since

Same for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:47 PM
    Joking??

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-30-13 08:59 PM
    It's true my BB z10 was rebooting on its own,I have verizon got my phone on thusday around 4:00 pm .Before goin to sleep the phone shut off once,Friday it did it again twice,Today in the morning it did it again! I notice each time I've been watching videos, using voice voice controled...it wasn't working well, media related stuff!....soo today i was brave and decided to back up my phone and rebooted after it came up from reboot it ask to update software,which I did and when then my maps needed updating and when I used voice controled it was better .My cousin has ATT and I had used her voice controled and she was impressed,her responce she know like siri.My phone from Vz voice control was not the same until I rebooted then it was the same like my Cuzz Z10.
    03-30-13 09:02 PM
    check installed programs. one of them is causing this to happen. I have a Verizon one and it is stable with no reboots so far. keep checking for updates in appworld and update to newer verions when available asap
    03-30-13 09:51 PM
    One thing's for sure is that it seems very sporadic and random, thus not allowing us to be able to accurately identify a root cause. To me it happens once in a while.. can go a whole week with no reboots then a couple days ago it rebooted 3 times in the span of 5 hours.. then nothing. Device was in standby with only battery guru running. Hasn't rebooted since. It doesn't bother me too much since the reboot time now is less than a minute; also the fact that my gf Galaxy Nexus also rebooted randomly multiple times a day (much more than what is reported on these forums with the z10) when she first got it.. got resolved with a software update.

It bothers me cause I know something is not working perfectly, but it doesn't actually bother me in the sense that it gets in my way, seeing as it's maybe once a week and it reboots in less than a minute.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:10 PM
    I too have had maybe 3 random boots in the past few days. Hmm?!?
    03-30-13 10:19 PM
96 123 ...