Thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 09:17 AM
    I am running the Cell contracts for the company I work for and I have issued 3 of these so far. This is what I am finding on a business end so far.

1. Phone calls do not always ring, this is happening on all 3 issued phones. Not sure why all 3 are set to ring and vibrate and I usually miss the first 3-4 calls a day, give phone a reset and it seems to work fine for a day or two. Not good at all.

2. RDP apps, the lack of ability to connect to remote Dtops is frustrating. There are 6 options and all but 1 require installing programs on the server, this is not an option. The I-Tap program for the Android and I-Phone market works beautifully as I need a manually entered gateway for secure access and this allows for that option. If anyone knows of an app that can connect using specified gateways without the need for desktop installers please let me know and I have about 20 power users that will be getting this phone.

Other than that I love this phone, quick, clean display, very well designed. I stopped using both my I-Pad and Android when I got it, except the remote sessions.
    02-25-13 01:26 PM
    I am running the Cell contracts for the company I work for and I have issued 3 of these so far. This is what I am finding on a business end so far.

2. RDP apps, the lack of ability to connect to remote Dtops is frustrating. There are 6 options and all but 1 require installing programs on the server, this is not an option. The I-Tap program for the Android and I-Phone market works beautifully as I need a manually entered gateway for secure access and this allows for that option. If anyone knows of an app that can connect using specified gateways without the need for desktop installers please let me know and I have about 20 power users that will be getting this phone.

Other than that I love this phone, quick, clean display, very well designed. I stopped using both my I-Pad and Android when I got it, except the remote sessions.
    This is the type of application that BlackBerry should either develop in-house or more practically partner with a software developer of an existing mobile RDP application to bring a native RDP client to the BlackBerry Z10. Thorsten is too enamoured with in-car infotainment systems for the good for BlackBerry's mobile (smartphones and tablet). When driving my car I prefer as low tech as possible: accelerator pedal, brake pedal, clutch pedal, gear shift, brakes, engine, fuel tank, fuel guage, speedometer, etc. but nowhere on my list of must-haves is a computer.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-25-13 02:05 PM
    My business is all oil and Gas. We send people to the fathest reaches and ask that they remain in contact and require a lot of these systems for actual process of the job. It is not for the drive home but a mobile working enviroment where i fear to send a 2k laptop.
    02-25-13 02:47 PM
    i've had my Z10 since launch day in the UK and spent a lot of time playing around, although i love it, a few points that are very annoying!

1. twice my Z10 has just randomly started a reboot sequence
    2. a few times my Z10 has been stuck in the hub and i cant swipe out to the main screen, only way was to power off and on.
    3. one other really annoying thing is the alarm, why the **** can i only set one alarm? i need at least 3.......
    4. The selection of built in sounds for the phone ringer/sms messages is bad... i know i can add an mp3 but i would have liked a selection.

There are a few other little nigglies that need addressing, but fingers crossed the next software update will sort everything.

EDIT

5. Blackberry protect doesnt seem to work, it is turned on in the device but on the website it does not show my phone and simply says add device.
    2. Might be due to the processors beeing overpowered and freezing.
    3. Always been an issue with all BBOS's apart from PBOS.
    4. Was never the situation is OS7.
    5. Something they'll sort. BB Protect has been a handy tool for me too, but I think they're ironing out the OS for now.
    02-25-13 05:00 PM
    I've had the same "swiping the lock screen" issue. The keyboard will not pop up. Have to reboot. Hopefully this bug gets corrected.
    You can force the keyboard to appear by swiping two fingers up from the bottom of the screen. One finger swipe is for the home screen, as I'm sure you already know.
    04-07-13 07:33 PM
    I have only had one issue not related to the otterbox I put my Z10 in (swiping can be a pain depends on the app I'm in....and of course typing letters close to either side). Clear my voice mail box yet there's one nagging Hub notification that I have voice mail that still lingers. Even when I get new ones and delete them that single one sits there mocking me. (!@#(!!! Anyone have something like that happening. Hate looking at the Hub because of it as I know it's a ghost...smh
    04-07-13 08:04 PM
    if i delete 6 or more emails in 1 go i loose all my phone contacts and have to reboot my phone for them to return...
    08-30-13 04:52 PM
33 12