If you either currently use both an iPhone and a Z10, or have used both at some point, please share your thoughts with me on the strengths and weaknesses of both, your likes and dislikes, and possibly even which you would choose if you had to choose one.

A little background: I have been using an iPhone 4s for about a year. Before that I had a Bold 9650. Although there is no comparison between the two when it comes to the hardware, the Apple being in a different league from the 9650, I have missed Blackberry experience. My Bold performed admirably over the time I used it. Again, it was "old" technology compared to the 4s, but it was still head and shoulders above anything I had before.

Today I had an experience with Blackberry Customer Service involving my year and a half old Playbook that is making me really want to consider going back to a Blackberry phone. My PB display is going out after 18 months of heavy daily use. I called, CS, got a very professional tech on the line within a few seconds, and after about 5 minutes on the phone was set up for a no cost repair of my PB. That is only the second time I have needed them. The first time was on the day I received the device, Christmas Eve, 2011. My brand new PB downloaded an OS update, and then would not boot up. A BB tech was on the phone with me that night (again, Christmas Eve) for over 2 hours while we fixed the problem. That is customer service.
    05-09-13 09:54 AM
    I love the bb 10 os better than ios but again it needs apps, that's the only reason why im not using it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    05-09-13 09:59 AM
    I have had the iphone 4 and I currently have the z10. I would take my z10 hands down over the iphone. Peek is a big thing for me because I get texts from a lot of people but I use a lot of apps for work and school. This allows me to see who texted without it being a huge interruption on what I'm doing. Also, the keyboard on the iphone is ridiculous. I hate it. I miss type so often on it. On my z10 I almost never have that issue. In fact I'm typing this on here now. Apps are obviously something people will complain about for BlackBerry 10 but I personally find it sufficient for me. Any apps that I used on my iphone I can find for BlackBerry or side load as an android app. Also, there are new apps every week. The interface for the iphone is the same its been for six or so years. I love the way blackberry looks. I had the windows phone 7.5 and the people hub was the thing I loved most. BlackBerry has an amazing hub too. It allows me to see everything in one place. So from my experience with both the blackberry is new and good but the iphone is old and boring.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:05 AM
    I recently switched from an iPhone 4S to a BlackBerry Z10. A little back story: I'm a huge apple fan, I own a Macbook Pro and an iPad 3. That being said, I'm so happy that I switched from to the BlackBerry Z10! I think for me the biggest advantage is the actual operating system itself. I love how everything is gesture based. It makes iOS feel old. I'm also a big fan of the Blackberry Hub. It handles notifications far better than iOS did. My biggest problem with iOS was due the way notifications work. I was missing a lot of emails and sometimes texts on iOS; notifications just didn't work for me. Having the unified BlackBerry Hub has been amazing and fixed my missing email and text problems.

I also love having 4G and and a bigger screen on my Z10. Though I could have got that with the iphone 5 it doesn't compare to the OS of the Blackberry Z10.

I've also found the Blackberry to be superior in both virtual keyboard and battery life. Even though my Z10 has a bigger screen and 4G, the battery lasts longer than the iPhone 4S battery. And you can change the battery which is nice, if you want to keep a spare battery around.

I think the biggest "downside" would be the app situation. To be honest, I don't think it's a problem at all. It really depends on what type of user you are. I mainly use social media apps, so all my favorites are here: Skype, Foursquare, Twitter, Trapeez (tumblr client), Keek and Read it Now (pocket client). I've also side loaded one app: instagram.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:23 AM
    I actually have both. IPhone 4S for work n Z10 personal use. Everything I complain about on the iPhone the Z10 covers. The option to close n view apps with a swipe n press of X, whereas with iPhone you have to hit home button and then hover over apps at bottom to close.

The Hub having one place for all messages is a bonus. A final one was one my girlfriend had, her iPhone screen froze up while talking to me and she couldn't hang up her phone. So the ability to still do a battery pull to 'reset' the phone is a plus.

The screen size is bigger, but after that I think everything else is nill n based on preference. I don't have BBM friends so screen share n chat hasn't been used yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:37 AM
    Here's another one, the Z10 screen is way more viewable in sunlight. Th

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:33 PM
    And once you have used gestures to unlock your phone, you will feel the home screen button as old technology

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:35 PM
    What I liked about my 9650:
    1. The amazing BB keyboard
    2. Having all my messages pushed to me
    3. Brickbreaker (okay, that's not that big a deal, but still fun)
    4. Good battery life
    5. Pretty decent phone
    6. Easy to use and personalize
    7. The Blackberry Experience (whatever it is- hard to put into words)
    8. BRIDGE! Ability to get my Playbook on line anywhere I have phone service.

Didn't like:
    1. Small screen
    2. No touch screen
    3. Track pad would lag
    4. Lack of apps that iPhone and Android users all had
    5. Browser pretty much useless, except for emergencies.
    05-09-13 05:19 PM
    What I like about iPhone:

1. It just works. It becomes invisible. Never crashes, never lags. All my OTA updates and upgrades have worked without a hitch.
    2. Nice display
    3.Good camera
    4. Browser is actually usable (forgot to put that in 9650 dislikes. The internet was pretty much impractical to use with the Bold).
    5. Decent battery life. Not nearly as good as 9650 was, but it gets me through the day unless I really use it a lot
    6. Every app you could ever want
    7. Excellent phone

What I don't like:

1. It's Apple's way or the highway. You pretty much have to do things their way. They know what's best for us, and you're stuck with it.
    2. Although everything almost always works, if for some reason something does not work, it's pretty much a lost cause.
    3. Hard to find answers to questions/issues. Not that the info is not out there. There's too much of it, and it's hard to sift through the BS to get to the good stuff. BB has it all over Apple in that respect. Amazing official customer service. Lots and lots of free knowledge out there on forums from BB users who know what they are talking about.
    4. Not a Blackberry. I was never at all a fan of Apple before. Their interfaces and stuff are pretty much in a foreign language to me. Could never figure out how to use my iPad Mini. Hate iTunes.
    5. Why do you have to encase such a beautiful, elegant, expensive looking device in a rubber armored case to keep from having a $500 brick?
    05-09-13 05:27 PM