Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
Like Tree42Likes
  1. walt63's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    800 Posts
    #26  

    Default Re: Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    It's videos like this that make me think, "BlackBerry, why are you gonna fight Windows Phone for the '3rd spot' in the smartphone world, when you are so clearly capable of going directly after Androids and the iPhone?"
    As a company they are going fot the top spot but the consumers what makes it 1,2, or 3. The device could wipe your **** for you but its only as good as the sales.
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
  2. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt63 View Post
    As a company they are going fot the top spot but the consumers what makes it 1,2, or 3. The device could wipe your **** for you but its only as good as the sales.
    Agreed. RIM isn't aiming for the third spot, its just where they are realistically likely to land. They are definitely aiming to be the best damn phone on the market, and I suspect that on release they will be hailed as such. But sales are a different issue. I see them wrecking windows phone, but there's no way they can challenge Apple or Android for the top two spots, at least not right now. It'll take two years at least of more and better releases to for RIM to be in that position, and even then it would be miraculous. Why two ? Because they need for a generation of contracts to end, and for people to drop their old phones and come over. My guess is that by that time RIM are a strong third place. They won't convert fanboys, but they have a very strong shot at winning back people who's first smartphone was a mid-range android, particularly when we see the BB10 Curve.

    Anyway, sales are weird. Consumers are dumb. BB10 will put RIM right back into the game, but there's no such thing as an iPhone killer.
  3. itmccb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    317 Global Posts
    #28  

    Default Re: Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Say what you will about physical home buttons, but the iPhone's is definitely less - dare I say - garish than that large, shiny BlackBerry logo.

    As for the OS, I'm pleased by the performance but animations could use a bit of work.
    I'm trying to be nicer. If I say something that's not very nice, feel free to remind me
  4. Pilot Prop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,469 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    This video blew my mind! the comparison was great and if that wasn't even the final software.....

    Cant wait for BB10
    Curve 8300 then....Q10 now

    Music/Film/Tech
  5. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,408 Posts
    #30  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    unless his name is not peter f mayer.. theres no point of the stickers covering the pin on his phone lol

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  6. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    990 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Really enjoyed this. Coming from iOS is the red led the only indication when you get a new text as shown in the video or do you get any sort of pop up? Can you have personalised SMS tones for different people?
  7. badwooshy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Two of my friends (iPhone 4 users) are starting to think about the Z10 as their next phone, just after showing them the 2 first videos of this guy... something they wouldn't have even considered before :-)
  8. DLEII's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    116 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duth View Post
    YES and it clearly IS NOT the IPHONE


    haha you can definitely see how exited the guy is about BB10 ! His hands are all shaky !!!
    just a little demo I personally did. Pause the video at 1:10 and look at his hands on the Z10. Grab your phone in the manner and notice that it is not that much difference. Yes, i know that the Z10 is larger than my 9850 but still his hands dont look AS mammoth as they first did after this test. Also, his hands are closer to the camera than the phone so that skew's the size a bit as well (kindof the old "look how big this fish is"-holding the fish out from your body towards the camers deal)
  9. GJL
    GJL is offline
    GJL's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    This phone is just amazing!
    I have voice activated bluetooth in my car, i wonder if Viki could operate through my cars voice activation?
    Imagine the possibilities for people on the road all the time.
  10. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Really enjoyed this. Coming from iOS is the red led the only indication when you get a new text as shown in the video or do you get any sort of pop up? Can you have personalised SMS tones for different people?
    I can't really speak for BB10, but as it stands now on OS7 if you are on any screen other than the homescreen then yes, the notifier is the LED. On the homescreen you get a notification icon in the notification bar (soon to become blackberry hub) and a notifier on the text/email/whatever icon that the message is in. You can definitely set different tones/music for different contacts, different types of message, whatever. In OS7 you can (via an app called BeBuzz) set the LED to whatever colours or combination of colours you want for different message types or contacts, so for most of us in crackberry nation the LED alone will tell you who sent you a message or at least what type of message it was (I have green for general email, white for work email, blue for BBM, purple for texts, pink for my girlfriend, yellow for my boss, turquoise for IMs). Also within BeBuzz you can set it up to give you 'toasts'; a pop-up that gives you the top few lines of the message along with the sender ID. Some people like it, I don't, it feels more invasive to me.

    With BB10, we can reasonably safely assume that certain things will stay the same. No on-screen notification of messages unless you are looking at the icon for the appropriate message box (or BBHub, I'm not sure if there will be separate inbox icons anymore but I suspect there will be). The LED is there to tell you you have a message, and I suspect we'll either get the colour changey goodness baked into the OS, or with BeBuzz. You also get the vibrate and whatever tone you've set. From there you swipe up to get the notifications bar to pop out from the left which will have icons for messages in it telling you what is unread. Then you swipe left to peek into the Hub and see the message. It will take some getting used to.

    One of the big things about getting used to blackberries is getting used to the LED doing all kinds of work, and its the thing everyone misses too. The concept is that you have put your BB down and on silent, but still have a visual cue there for important things. In meetings thats a pretty big deal; you have your BB on the table and can tell at a glance if you need to duck out to take a call or not. Also, believe it or not, the LED is part of a package of things that save battery life. On any device, having the screen light up is the biggest battery drainer but a BB's screen won't light up unless you tell it to.
    Thanked by:
    bobo616 (01-22-2013) 
  11. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Looks like the iPhone. Has copied everything from the iPhone(Granted, this is how progress is made) even Siri, the only thing kind of innovating is the Peek. :/ Just what we all need, another iOS clone. I was hoping for something new and exciting. I dumped an iPhone and was hoping for something even newer. Looks like a good device but only because it's been done before. *sigh* Was really hoping
  12. ilikebacon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    385 Posts
    #37  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Dude, seriously!?! Is this guy some kind of giant alien?
    It's like he was holding little models of the Z10 and iphone5.
    :O

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    "Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of times, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
    Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."_This Momentous Day, H. R. White

    Palm Treo 650> BB Storm 9530> BB Bold 9650> BB Torch 9850
  13. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    990 Global Posts
    #38  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    I can't really speak for BB10, but as it stands now on OS7 if you are on any screen other than the homescreen then yes, the notifier is the LED. On the homescreen you get a notification icon in the notification bar (soon to become blackberry hub) and a notifier on the text/email/whatever icon that the message is in. You can definitely set different tones/music for different contacts, different types of message, whatever. In OS7 you can (via an app called BeBuzz) set the LED to whatever colours or combination of colours you want for different message types or contacts, so for most of us in crackberry nation the LED alone will tell you who sent you a message or at least what type of message it was (I have green for general email, white for work email, blue for BBM, purple for texts, pink for my girlfriend, yellow for my boss, turquoise for IMs). Also within BeBuzz you can set it up to give you 'toasts'; a pop-up that gives you the top few lines of the message along with the sender ID. Some people like it, I don't, it feels more invasive to me.

    With BB10, we can reasonably safely assume that certain things will stay the same. No on-screen notification of messages unless you are looking at the icon for the appropriate message box (or BBHub, I'm not sure if there will be separate inbox icons anymore but I suspect there will be). The LED is there to tell you you have a message, and I suspect we'll either get the colour changey goodness baked into the OS, or with BeBuzz. You also get the vibrate and whatever tone you've set. From there you swipe up to get the notifications bar to pop out from the left which will have icons for messages in it telling you what is unread. Then you swipe left to peek into the Hub and see the message. It will take some getting used to.

    One of the big things about getting used to blackberries is getting used to the LED doing all kinds of work, and its the thing everyone misses too. The concept is that you have put your BB down and on silent, but still have a visual cue there for important things. In meetings thats a pretty big deal; you have your BB on the table and can tell at a glance if you need to duck out to take a call or not. Also, believe it or not, the LED is part of a package of things that save battery life. On any device, having the screen light up is the biggest battery drainer but a BB's screen won't light up unless you tell it to.
    Thanks. The led sounds great and very simple. I have never known about this as only one person I know had a blackberry and the whole os was so clunky I never really cared about investigating the phone. The z10 has completely changed my mind and hopefully they sell it off contract like apple do so I can buy it outright(I am in the uk so hopefully this will happen) whenever this will be.
  14. ilikebacon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    385 Posts
    #39  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Quote Originally Posted by DLEII View Post
    just a little demo I personally did. Pause the video at 1:10 and look at his hands on the Z10. Grab your phone in the manner and notice that it is not that much difference. Yes, i know that the Z10 is larger than my 9850 but still his hands dont look AS mammoth as they first did after this test. Also, his hands are closer to the camera than the phone so that skew's the size a bit as well (kindof the old "look how big this fish is"-holding the fish out from your body towards the camers deal)
    Ahhh...hands closer to camera, makes much better sense now. I guess he can be human.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    "Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of times, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
    Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."_This Momentous Day, H. R. White

    Palm Treo 650> BB Storm 9530> BB Bold 9650> BB Torch 9850
  15. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Looks like certain people avoid certain threads. Now why is that?
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  16. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,740 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjass12 View Post
    does anyone know if pressing the text message icon on the normal icon grid (not the hub) opens the txt mssge feature in the hub.. or is a separate window with its own active frame?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Hub
    ~S_A
  17. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,740 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #42  

    Default

    He also didn't show that Balance lets you change the wallpaper for the work side, from the server. So users will know when in work and when in personal. While not a feature that is a big deal, great idea that RIM had throwing that in just for an added touch.
    ~S_A
  18. #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DbkBerry View Post
    i would like to see downloading / installing app speeds and as someone mentioned in a post elsewhere... power on/ boot up.....
    BB10 FTW B-)
    Download speed is not a useful benchmark because it is too reliant on local network ability and conditions. A comparison may produce completely different results a few hours later, or with a different location/network.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
  19. iToya's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    This might actually make me WANT to use the personal assistant on the phone. It worked flawlessly..let's go RIM!
  20. DaMaRa1109's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default Z10 and Iphone 5 Video comparison !!! Hot and New :)

    Haven't been this excited about a phone in a long time ! Think it's a combo of the OS and hardware that's making it so exciting for me. Paying full retail for ether the Z10 or N ( haven't decided ) because I'm not due for an upgrade.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry Z10 Versus iPhone 5 in White and Black
    By Homo Erectus in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 06:54 PM
  2. Storm 2 iPhone video comparison
    By Card Storm in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 05:13 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 12:20 AM
  4. Something I noticed about Storm VS iPHONE Video comparisons
    By saintjah in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
  5. New and Old Storm Comparison Question
    By Safarii in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions