I've been plugging in and setting my 9800 down beside my clock radio every night for two and a half years now. I noticed with the Z10 I get some horrible interference when listening to AM radio at night. Every few minutes it lets out this awful static buzz noise and I've had to resort to leaving the phone on the floor. Even when the phone is unplugged it does this.

Anyone else notice this?
    04-05-13 01:18 PM
    I used to have this with older phones which never got 3G / HSPA and LTE. It's because the signals and waives are causing this static.

I have not noticed this at all yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:25 PM
    This is a common experience with most cellular phones which are operating in 2G mode. My 9700 always does it when the phone has selected GSM/GPRS/EDGE. However it is interference-free when the phone has found a 3G signal. I have no idea ow 4G behaves in this respect, it hasn't arrived around me yet.

I suggest you check which of the radio modes your phone is using when you get the interference.
    04-05-13 01:27 PM
    You're right. I remember the older phones doing it, my 9800 never did. I didn't remember the old phones doing it when they weren't getting a call however.
    You could always tell when someone at work was about 2 seconds away from getting a phone call when the speakers started buzzing.

Anyway, last night I dropped it down from LTE to HSPA and the noise went away. Thanks for the suggestion!
    04-06-13 12:56 PM