This thread is crazy. The Hub is by far and away the best part of my phone as far as UI is concerned. It truely makes my life easier. I honestly use all channels of communication in my hub....I actually started using facebook because of it.

HUB FTMFW!!!!
    PatrickMJS, TgeekB and irweezyy like this.
    04-11-13 03:09 PM
    And furthermore, you don't need to do a "5 swipe" gesture: if ever you find an electronic device isn't doing something it is supposed to, your go-to move should be to restart it. In this case, the restart will do the same thing as the undocumented 5 swipes.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:16 PM
    And furthermore, you don't need to do a "5 swipe" gesture: if ever you find an electronic device isn't doing something it is supposed to, your go-to move should be to restart it. In this case, the restart will do the same thing as the undocumented 5 swipes.

Posted via CB10
    5 swipe gesture worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:32 PM
    I turned off Facebook twitter and LinkedIn but I still have the notifications and still have to mark them as read. It's very annoying. If I could totally delete them from the hub I would.

Posted via CB10
    This seems to be an issue that is only happening on some phones. i can switch off any of my feeds and they DO NOT show up in the hub, but when i switch them on they are there instantly. Im not sure if there is some other switch or toggle that needs to be used, but i know that it DOES WORK on my end... so it is not a problem with all phones.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-11-13 03:32 PM
    Thats not really an ideal solution. Many apps have a better GUI than the web interface. For instance compare the CB10 app with the browser version - which would you rather use? Same with Facebook - I like the app but don't like it polluting my contacts and hub with its integration. We need more options to control the integration of accounts to get an individual experience rather than one someone else thinks I should have.
    I agree with you that some apps have a better interface.

However the suggestion was made as a solution for the guy who (a) wants to use Facebook on his z10 AND (b) doesn't want it to appear in the hub.

Not satisfied to simply "uncheck" Facebook in the Hub so Facebook notifications don't show up in the Hub, he also wants it so that Facebook doesn't even show up as an account in the Hub "Control Screen". To do that, you can't have the native Facebook app cuz it is integrated with the Hub. If you want all separate apps, get a different phone. With the BB10, the concept is your external connections are all linked in the hub. And they flow to the other apps as you use it. If you don't want that, this is not the os for you.

Remember, if you uncheck Facebook in the hub, the Hub will not display Facebook notifications. To not have Facebook itself appear in the Hub control screen boggles my mind why. Here's an idea, go find another phone that has it exactly the way you want. As others have said here, this phone is not designed to be infinitely customizable. It is designed to make it easy for busy folks on the go get things done. And that it does admirably.

Plus, if your Facebook contacts are "polluting" your "Contacts" app, simply uncheck Facebook in the settings for the Contacts app. Come on man, get a grip.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:34 PM
    I don't think I missed the point of his post at all. He talks about his "Control Screen" still displaying all of his "messages" after setting which accounts in Hub Management to turn on or off. I could be wrong about what he is actually referring to as the "Control Screen", but it sounds to me like he is talking about the list of all accounts outside of the Hub (with the black background), and you can't remove the accounts from there unless you remove the accounts from the phone entirely. And in order to repopulate the Hub message box you have to restart the Hub with the 5 swipe action that I described above. It doesn't sound like his Hub is broken, it sounds like he thinks that checking "on" or "off" should do something that it's not designed to do. I could be wrong though. Maybe he'll come back and tell us what he means by the "Control Screen".
    Nah someone specifically said that messages was still showing. Although I confess I'm not sure if that person is the op.
    The hub certainly has issues, it caused me a lot of hassle to get mine to work properly. But once it did work it has served me well. There is plenty of ways to improve it however, it feels like it is not being used to its full potential

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:41 PM
    I agree with you that some apps have a better interface.

However the suggestion was made as a solution for the guy who (a) wants to use Facebook on his z10 AND (b) doesn't want it to appear in the hub.

Not satisfied to simply "uncheck" Facebook in the Hub so Facebook notifications don't show up in the Hub, he also wants it so that Facebook doesn't even show up as an account in the Hub "Control Screen". To do that, you can't have the native Facebook app cuz it is integrated with the Hub. If you want all separate apps, get a different phone. With the BB10, the concept is your external connections are all linked in the hub. And they flow to the other apps as you use it. If you don't want that, this is not the os for you.

Remember, if you uncheck Facebook in the hub, the Hub will not display Facebook notifications. To not have Facebook itself appear in the Hub control screen boggles my mind why. Here's an idea, go find another phone that has it exactly the way you want. As others have said here, this phone is not designed to be infinitely customizable. It is designed to make it easy for busy folks on the go get things done. And that it does admirably.

Plus, if your Facebook contacts are "polluting" your "Contacts" app, simply uncheck Facebook in the settings for the Contacts app. Come on man, get a grip.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, i really dont understand this. You dont want a main feature that the phone has, but you buy the phone, and then complain. There is a simple way to eliminate the facebook contacts as you mentioned, and is there really a big deal with having facebook listed on a screen that probably no one other than yourself will see?

this is boggling my mind... maybe im not understanding correctly.
    TgeekB and irweezyy like this.
    04-11-13 03:46 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:47 PM
    Yea, i really dont understand this. You dont want a main feature that the phone has, but you buy the phone, and then complain.
    Some of us have no choice but to use it. And I think all we are asking is that it works. I came from Android. 2 years. Can't even come close to doing what I used to do. Not with this phone. I barely pulled out a computer with my Android. With this I have pull it out to just load an app that isn't from Bb world.
    Don't get me started on the 30 day limit for email.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:15 PM
    I'm really liking the Hub combined with the fading unlock screen. Before having the phone, I thought the unlock screen seemed kind of gimmicky, but basically, it negates the need to have notification/message pop-ups, which I'm not wild about since others around you can see them as well. But this way--assuming my device was in the Hub before the screen turns off--if the LED indicates a new notification/message, I can start fading the unlock screen up to see what it was and then fade it back down to turn off the screen again, all in one fell swoop.

With that in mind, I wish I could set the order of messages in the Hub to an ascending view where the most recent message is at the bottom. Not sure if I'd like that since we're all so used to new messages being at the top, but it would make it so that if a new notification/message comes in, I only have to fade the unlock screen up just a bit to see it instead of all the way up. Also, continuing with this notification-lock-screen scenario, I wish there was a setting to "Unlock to Hub" so that if I left off in another app when the screen locks, the fading unlock will show me the Hub instead of whatever app I left off in.

The bottom line is that I think in combination with the LED, the fading unlock screen and Hub are a couple settings away from being a pretty powerful approach to notifications.
    04-11-13 04:52 PM
    Wait - is this the same Z10 you returned the day after you got it because it used a different sized sim card?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pplier-767181/
    seacan2 and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-11-13 05:11 PM
    Amazing, simply EFFIN AMAZING.......I sometimes wonder???.........RESEARCH Ladies and Gentelmen, NOT that hard .......SERIOUSLY
    04-11-13 05:38 PM
    Please before I go any further can we refrain from frustrating posts regarding "this will be fixed in the next update", please please for the sake of my sanity!!!

I have numerous issues with this piece of coding but at the moment the one that frustrates me the most is hub setting!

In settings/hub management I have my setting as follows:

Email accounts = on
    BBM = off
    Text messages = off
    Twitter = off
    Calls = off
    Voicemail = off

You already guessed didn't you. Yes your correct, when I go into the control screen it still displays all my BBM messages, text messages, twitter, calls and voicemail. Forget notifications at this time because my notifications only work AFTER the event.

Ok this is simple. I don't require workarounds, reboots, battery pulls, I just want to know if there is any possible way to disable this damn useless hub altogether and return to normality?

Please say yes!!!
    What's useless to one can be very useful for others. What I don't understand is why you have everything off, is this how you did it on your previous bbs as well?
    04-11-13 06:03 PM
    What's useless to one can be very useful for others. What I don't understand is why you have everything off, is this how you did it on your previous bbs as well?
    It looks like he has email on and only wants that to show up.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:19 PM
    Well as another person posted, whyever, with all the advertising about the Hub before it was ever sold, did you buy the damn phone ? Kind of curious about that...
    04-11-13 06:19 PM
    Well as another person posted, whyever, with all the advertising about the Hub before it was ever sold, did you buy the damn phone ? Kind of curious about that...
    Work bought them. I have to use it. Next.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:21 PM
    I thought the same thing as you about the Hub until I finally figured out how it actually worked, and the only way I really figured it out was I had to compare it to the way things worked on my OS7 BB. I don't know if you used a BB before this one, but my explanations below are direct comparisons to OS7, so my apologies if you didn't have one and this still doesn't make any sense.

In OS7 all of the accounts each had their own icon on the homescreen, one for each email address, one for texts, one for Facebook, etc. If you had a message in one of these accounts there would be a red star on that folder. But then there was also a "All Messages" icon where ALL of your stuff went, emails, phone call log, texts, etc., whatever you chose to include in your All Messages inbox folder was all combined in there.

Ok, so on OS10 you have your Hub account list (your list of all accounts with the black background). Consider this list as nothing more than a vertical list of all of your account folders, like the individual account icons on OS7. You can click each one and it opens JUST that account's inbox if that is all you want to see. If you have a new message in any account it will have a red star next to it, like the red star you would see on an individual account icon in OS7.

Now the "Hub".....the Hub is nothing more than what your "All Messages" inbox folder was in OS7. You tell it in Hub Management which of your accounts you want to see in that All Messages inbox, just like you did in OS7. You can have all accounts visible, or no accounts, it's up to you how cluttered you want that inbox. I never used it in OS7 and preferred to just open each account folder icon, but I am trying to use the Hub message box so that I can take advantage of the "peek" feature, which I like.

Someone mentioned that no matter how many accounts you have turned on in Hub Management you will only see messages for up to five of them. This is not true. I have 7 of my accounts turned on in Hub Management and I just confirmed that I can currently see items for all 7 of them in my Hub.

This is how I visualize it in order for it to make sense. I think it needs a little tweaking, but I do like it a lot because of the ability to "peek" from my apps.

very good explanation
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-11-13 07:10 PM
    So is this the screen the OP is talking about

Z10 hub is the pitts and is driving me mad!!!!!!-img_00000051.png

Or is it this

Z10 hub is the pitts and is driving me mad!!!!!!-img_00000052.png
    That all I really want to know. Because if it's the first pic the this shows what accounts you have set up and what can be viewed. The second is how to control the first, but it does not remove the account from the first screen just from the main hub.

Is this the issue? If not them I'm all out of ideas what the hell is going on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-11-13 07:21 PM
    I agree the hub is not so secured. I wanted to turn off some email accounts and BBM displaying from the hub but turning it off in the hub management only hides it from displaying inside the hub list. But you can still see the menu BBM and other accounts inside the hub. Clicking on it will reveal all my messages. So there is no way to hide the accounts in the hub. The only way is to delete the account under accounts which I do not want to do. Also a password feature to enter into the hub would be great just like parent lock.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:51 PM
    Work bought them. I have to use it. Next.

Posted via CB10
    ok. i understand this. but is your issue the fact that once you go all the way down into the types of notifications that are visible in your hub that there are certain fields there?

for example you see "Facebook - OFF" and THAT is the problem?

It seems that you are saying you have turned off FB notifications and all the messages still appear in your HUB. I have never heard of that before, which is why I am thinking it is the example i posted above... which I can not understand how that would be a problem.

I am honestly trying to help, but i just dont understand the issue.
    04-11-13 08:34 PM
    The next OS update will fix that.

In the meantime, do a battery pull while drinking 8 oz of luke warm water while staring at a life-sized poster of Thorsten Heins. Re-insert your battery while you still have 1 oz of water left in your glass. When the Z10 starts to reboot, stare deeply into the Blackberry logo pushing it every 3.4 seconds. When it hits 53% (not 52% or 54% but exactly 53%) sing the Canadian national anthem to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner. When it boots up, swipe upwards then to the left then to the right then upwards again. After those swipes are performed in precisely that order, go into Blackberry World and find Skype -- since you won't find it, you're basically screwed.
    That fix has been discussed at length in another thread.
    04-11-13 08:39 PM
    I do now give up with this crap phone!!!! Please no more replies because as thick as I am, I can still get the message. Thank you for all your help and I appreciate your time in posting your answers. Just a shame RIM produced a crap phone. My fault for buying it I suppose!
    If you put your car in reverse and step on the gas to go forward, don't blame the car. Operator error.

From Zed to U via CB
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-11-13 08:52 PM
    I love that you said, "is the pitts." Classic!
    I don't like how he said, "Is the pitts". lol

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:10 PM
    Wait - is this the same Z10 you returned the day after you got it because it used a different sized sim card?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pplier-767181/
    Good catch. I think we have a paid troll at work. Cool but what to do next.
    seacan2 and irweezyy like this.
    04-11-13 09:11 PM
    My personal preference is to have everything come into the hub. I do believe this is the main feature of BB10.

I had an Android and an iPhone and it used to drive be batty that I had to open and close a whack of apps to stay informed on all my different accounts.

The notifications added to iPhone and the Android version were helpful in this and worked okay but I missed the integrated inbox on the BB.

Now the hub with peaking and flowing. This suits my style 100%. Quick peak to see if it's important and I'm back to doing what I want.

Now, that being said, I am not everyone. And what works for me is not ideal for all users. BlackBerry should definitely offer more customization options. So the OP can have his cake and eat it too.

I'd like to see some improvement in the contact integration. Another post mentioned too much info when selecting a contact. Some folks don't keep their online profiles as accurate as possible and that causes me issues. My step son has his home phone number in the mobile number field on Facebook so when I go to call him I have two "Mobile" numbers to choose from which is a tad annoying.

So here is hoping for more features and future tweaks from BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z10 in the CB10 app
    blackmoe likes this.
    04-11-13 10:47 PM
91 1234