I can't find a general thread for the little "how to's" that we experience in the early days. Mods, feel free to delete and point me in the right direction if this is off course.

1) How do you close web page tabs? It looks like I have several open but pressing the "x" next to the address bar doesn't seem to be closing them.

2) When typing a text or BBM, there are occasions when the back/delete key seems to be in a "delete all" mode and wipes all my typing. I'm not sure what I'm doing to activate that feature. It would be useful if I knew how it was turned on or off.

Thank you
    02-08-13 10:20 AM
    I can't find a general thread for the little "how to's" that we experience in the early days. Mods, feel free to delete and point me in the right direction if this is off course.

1) How do you close web page tabs? It looks like I have several open but pressing the "x" next to the address bar doesn't seem to be closing them.

2) When typing a text or BBM, there are occasions when the back/delete key seems to be in a "delete all" mode and wipes all my typing. I'm not sure what I'm doing to activate that feature. It would be useful if I knew how it was turned on or off.

Thank you
    3) Does anyone know how to delete the flood of updates coming in to BBM as I re-add contacts back in?

Please, anyone have any answers to the above questions or where I can find the answer?
    02-08-13 12:22 PM
    #1 tap the square in the bottom left corner. It will slide out a pane and you click the X on the tab you want to delete.
    02-08-13 01:55 PM
    Clearing open web pages does not seem to work as mentioned above. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. close the web browser and when you reopen it still shows several pages where you recently went. Cleared browser history does not help. I'm sure I must be missing something.
    02-11-13 09:30 AM
    @Phill57
    Your browser is set to "Show Last Tabs" on startup. This can be changed in the browser Settings to "Show My Home Page". You can find the On Startup setting when you open the browser and go to Settings -> Display and Actions. The first setting is On Startup.

Hope this helps.
    02-11-13 03:06 PM
    Clearing open web pages does not seem to work as mentioned above. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. close the web browser and when you reopen it still shows several pages where you recently went. Cleared browser history does not help. I'm sure I must be missing something.
    I figured something out that helped clear a bunch of pages.
    -Open your browser and you will see lots of tiles of recent pages.
    -Press the square on the bottom left
    -Select history
    -Select today or yesterday or whatever day has the pages you don't want
    (You will see a list of pages)
    To delete select pages:
    -Press and hold the page you want to delete and the slide bar with options will pop up on the right
    -Tap the trash and it's gone
    02-11-13 11:22 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I found the browser settings to switch the start page and use the delete selected pages link.
    02-12-13 12:25 PM
    3) Does anyone know how to delete the flood of updates coming in to BBM as I re-add contacts back in?
    Apparently there's no way for do that right now, like how legacy BBM has option to show last 20 or 25 or whatever updates. Also no grouping by contact, which to me is the real problem.

Keep your fingers crossed that we'll see these features added to future updates.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 01:15 PM