I just bought a new Blackberry Z10 Holster two hours ago. It's really nice except for one problem. It has powered down the Z10 three times? Like an moron, I tossed the box it came in at the mall. So I don't recall if it came with any special instructions? Has this happened to anyone? Also, does anyone have any suggestions? P.S. I'm new to Crackberry and I want to thank Kevin and his team for making the launch enjoyable.
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-15-13 at 09:02 PM.
    02-15-13 08:45 PM
    It's most likely because you hit the top power button as you slide it in

I did the same for a couple days
    tmaier likes this.
    02-15-13 08:47 PM
    Powered it down or just shut off the screen? It's supposed to turn off the screen as you slide the phone in. The screen is then supposed to turn right back on as you take the phone out.
    02-15-13 08:49 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I also thought it was me hitting the top button. I made sure not to touch it after the first time it happened.
    Also, it shut down as in powered off. When it's working, it does turn the screen off when putting the phone in holster and turns it on when taking it out.
    02-15-13 08:58 PM
    Weird, the only problem that I have with my holster is that the flap covers the headphone port. It also gets hot from time to time, but that's just a side effect of the battery teething.
    02-15-13 09:02 PM
    Lol, if I knew it covered the headphone jack, I wouldn't of bought the holster. Now I have two problems. Ahh man.
    02-15-13 09:06 PM
    We bought several holsters at work. One in particular caused shut off problems with 2 different people. 1 moved to a different style case but the second took another holster and it hasn't had the same problem. Meaning it could be a bad holster.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 09:06 PM
    Lol, if I knew it covered the headphone jack, I wouldn't of bought the holster. Now I have two problems. Ahh man.
    You could always put it in backwards, although then taking it out tends to hit the volume up/down buttons.
    02-15-13 09:08 PM
    Ya, I think there is something wrong with holster. Oh well, I need to find one that doesn't cover the headphone jack now anyway. Thanks for trying to help.
    02-15-13 09:08 PM
    Oh ya turn it around! Genius. I'm on a roll today. Ty
    02-15-13 09:10 PM
    There can't be anything wrong with the holster because a holster only influences the phone in one of two ways
    1) physical contact (if it presses the power button, it could turn the Z10 off)
    2) magnetic standby feature (This cannot turn off your phone)

It might be more of a design flaw that causes you to keep accidentally lean on the power button that is on the top. Since the holster is on your belt, perhaps your shirt, or your arm is somehow pressing against the power button as you move around. Try and be more aware of how you're putting it in, moving around with the holster, walking, putting on a jacket, etc
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    02-15-13 09:14 PM
    I hope you solve your issue soon, xBURK.
    Also hope this wont sour your Z10 experience!
    02-15-13 09:26 PM
    I think it's just a matter of getting used to putting it back in. Quite happy with mine, it seems well made.

02-15-13 09:30 PM
    Really appreciate the possible reasons, but I've had a holster for the torch for three years and I'm familiar with how it works. I do agree that it's probably not the holster. Could be a problem an update might fix?
    02-15-13 09:31 PM
    Just a heads up: the Z10 does indeed go into the holster face IN, same as the 9900.

02-15-13 09:48 PM
    I also find that if you place the z10 on the cover, not in the holster, it turns the phone off (sleep mode). I thought it only does that when you place it inside the holster. who knew.
    02-15-13 09:56 PM
    does anyone know what they mean by this when they describe the holster:

� It also incorporates power saving technology to help extend the life of your battery�

tnx
    daveshiz likes this.
    02-15-13 09:58 PM
    This will not ruin my experience at all. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned!
    Buy the way, since I posted this, it has not shut down while in the holster. I should of stated in the first post that
    It powered down once while laying on a table in holster. I know now to try and explain everything in the first post.
    At least I learned something. We'll hopefully this battery pull fixed it. It wouldn't make any sense , but who cares.
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    02-15-13 10:01 PM
    A magnet in the holster sets the phone into sleep so the screen doesn't have to wait to time out. It will also change yoir profile while in the holster if you would like
    02-15-13 10:05 PM
    does anyone know what they mean by this when they describe the holster:
    “ It also incorporates power saving technology to help extend the life of your battery“
    tnx
    The phone magicnetically puts the phone onto standby when you put it into the holster.
    02-16-13 12:25 AM
    Just a heads up: the Z10 does indeed go into the holster face IN, same as the 9900.
    What makes you say that (other than access to the headphone jack)?
    02-16-13 06:34 AM
    It also leaves the volume up and play/pause buttons exposed.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 01:13 PM
    It happened to me too for the first few times I put the phone in the holster.I thought it was just me hitting the on/off button and it hasn't happened since then.

Whoever said the phone goes in head first is probably right but what a stupid design. They should at least have made a way to see the notification light and ideally access the earphone jack. Not a practical design at all.
    02-17-13 02:50 PM
    It's great how I started this exact thread within a week of release date. I get nothing but one reply after bumping to top again.. This thread has endless replies. Glad I'm not the only one now..

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 03:34 PM
    Had my first problem with the flappy covered case yesterday.. I powered off the device.. refused to power on again.. had to battery pull.. might be nothing to do with the case of course
    02-17-13 03:35 PM
49 12