Good morning / evening to everyone

I hope y'all doing great

Anyway So I own a z10 and I was happy with it for like 1 month until it start to lag so much and crashes a lot especially when I use bbm and twitter. I don't know what's the problem or what could cause such thing . I updated my phone to the official 10.1 os hoping it would solve the problem. But no luck I tried the leaked os's and still the same problem. so is there any solution to this problem? Please help

Here some info that might help

Model : STL-100-1
    I tried bbm 10 and 10.1 and bbm 10.2 beta
    I even tried the leaked 10.2 os .

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:02 PM
    How much free memory do you have on your BB?
    07-03-13 09:09 PM
    Unfortunately 375

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:27 PM
    Hello? Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:59 PM
    Hi that's strange I have a stl 1 too and have no lagging at all. And I am at the same no version too. If u have only 375 mb as free memory delete some to see if this helps. I guess u need atleast 1 to 2 gb of free memory. I hope u r using a memory card. If u r hope all ur media is on It rather than on the Device memory.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:16 PM
    I forgot to add, if all fails then security wipe u r fone. Do not restore ur backup. That would most definitely help.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:18 PM
    Definitely a security wipe without restore should solve the problem. Before doing it, try removing some apps to free some memory. 375 mb seems a little low, so do it one by one to see which one eats the most. Get rid of some apps working in the background.

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-03-13 10:25 PM
    I did a security wipe several times and ended up with the same problem, I have a few apps like translation and memo and dictionary apps that can help me with my studying.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:57 PM
    If you meant the RAM its 375MB out of 2GB and it still drops ( it might be the problem). The internal memory is 13.5GB out of 16GB and the external memory is 1.7GB out of 8GB.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:10 PM
    My Z10 was on 10.1.0.273 and about a week ago, it started getting laggy. And it started running thru the battery in less than 3 hours.

Here's what I did.

I pulled out my memory card (32 Gb SanDisk class 2).

I backed up my Z10 to my laptop using BlackBerry Link. Make sure you have the latest version.

I used BlackBerry Link to "reload" the original Z10 software. This took it back to OS 10.0.

Then Bell provided the upgrade to OS 10.1.0.273 automatically.

Then I restored the backup file, but only checked the "Application Data" to be restored, not the "Settings". The settings must have had the screwed up stuff,because after all that, I put my memory card back... and...

Boom... got my kickass Z10 back, lagging gone, normal battery life of at least 5-6 hours. It took a few minutes to "settle"... i.e., populate various items like contacts, calendar, photo thumbnails, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-03-13 at 11:46 PM.
    mnc76 and djmm2 like this.
    07-03-13 11:36 PM
    Thank you very much! My phone is working properly now. The lag is gone and I can use bbm and twitter normally without any crashes . I knew I wont be disappointed in this awesome site

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 and mnc76 like this.
    07-04-13 06:23 AM
    My Z10 was on 10.1.0.273 and about a week ago, it started getting laggy. And it started running thru the battery in less than 3 hours.

Here's what I did.

I pulled out my memory card (32 Gb SanDisk class 2).

I backed up my Z10 to my laptop using BlackBerry Link. Make sure you have the latest version.

I used BlackBerry Link to "reload" the original Z10 software. This took it back to OS 10.0.

Then Bell provided the upgrade to OS 10.1.0.273 automatically.

Then I restored the backup file, but only checked the "Application Data" to be restored, not the "Settings". The settings must have had the screwed up stuff,because after all that, I put my memory card back... and...

Boom... got my kickass Z10 back, lagging gone, normal battery life of at least 5-6 hours. It took a few minutes to "settle"... i.e., populate various items like contacts, calendar, photo thumbnails, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Off the subject, I did this same reload yesterday because of some other issues. I too selected data only as to not bring in any hidden junk. I ended up with no contacts or passwords in my password keeper, all of my tasks and memos I had stored in Remember were gone and no calendar entries. So I had to go back and reinstall the Settings to get them back. It would have taken forever to hand install all that data. How did you go about reinstalling all your data without selecting Restore Settings?
    07-04-13 08:04 AM
    Off the subject, I did this same reload yesterday because of some other issues. I too selected data only as to not bring in any hidden junk. I ended up with no contacts or passwords in my password keeper, all of my tasks and memos I had stored in Remember were gone and no calendar entries. So I had to go back and reinstall the Settings to get them back. It would have taken forever to hand install all that data. How did you go about reinstalling all your data without selecting Restore Settings?
    I don't use the password keeper nor the Remember app. All my contacts and calendar entries were sync'd with MS Outlook using Link and once all the reloading and restoring was done, I just ran another sync.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:36 AM
    I see. Thanks. I'll have to look into the outlook thing.
    07-04-13 09:51 AM