Z10- headphone jack issue.
My main problem is the right channel of my in ear headphones(with mic and remote) have stopped working. I'm guessing it's a jack issue or a software bug as the headphones work on other devices.
I made some test with 3 pairs of headphones that I had at home:
1)The blackberry one that came with the phone with the mic.
These ones work fine.
2)Regular headphones without mic
They work well too.
3) The in ear earphones with mic and remote
Everything is working except the right channel.
I ran the 'Stereo Headset Audio' test in BBVE and the sound would only come from the left channel.
You'd say the problem is with the head phones. But no.
These earphones(with mic and remote) work fine with my ipod, playbook and laptop.
I have already tried a soft reset.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Rogers Z10 Stl100 -3 running 10.2.1.3175
Last edited by 1oo1; 06-30-14 at 10:20 AM.
- 06-30-14, 02:05 AM #2
Unless I'm misreading, two out of three pairs work in the phone, then it is probably something about that 3rd pair. It sounds as if the jack was not fully plugged in? Count the number of contacts or rings on the plug and compare them. Some folks have found that they have to use an unusual amount of pressure for some earphones.
- By sreneel77 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 4Last Post: 07-19-14, 10:47 PM
- By johnm137 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 10Last Post: 07-06-14, 03:42 PM
- By robert_in_la in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 4Last Post: 06-30-14, 10:28 AM
- By Theokeist in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-14, 05:39 PM
- By sushantmittal in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-14, 01:25 PM