Heres a long story I will try to condense.

I bought my z10 basically when it first c ame out. Was the best phone I ever owned in every way.

I recently used sachesi and put OS 10.2.1.2102 onto my phone.

Since then, I have 3 text convo's that cannot be deleted. Period. If I try to delete them, it totally locks ALL of my texting and takes multiple reboots to fix. And the text convo's are still there.

Randomly, one of those 3 text convo's can cause my text hub and ONLY my text hub to lock. I think one of those text convo's is corrupted.

The instant preview on the lock screen works maybe 30% of the time. Soon as I did the update, it worked 100% of the time. Now it barely ever works.

The 3 corrupted text convo's can be VERY slow to load, whereas all of the other text convo's are lightening fast.

My "swipe-delete" noise, that "whish" noise, used to work 100% of the time when I updated. Now, it works maybe once every few days.

There is just a lot of little quirks like this that are getting to me. How can I fix this for good? This is roughly my 4th or 5th blackberry, using the desktop manager (and now link...) to continually transfer my texts and emails and contacts etc over.
    04-15-14 09:43 AM
    I guess the best thing to do at this point is to reload the OS and not do a restore. A pain, but I think that should help.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    04-15-14 09:50 AM
    Holy ****, not restore ANYTHING??
    04-16-14 12:53 PM
    Make a backup first of course.
    04-16-14 01:00 PM
    Holy ****, not restore ANYTHING??
    Put all your media on your SD card if you have one. A complete wipe appears to be your best option.
    04-16-14 01:16 PM
    So is ATT definitely offering the latest upgrade???? I suppose I could actually afford to lose my text convos. But my media card, my saved GPS addresses and recent-list, my contacts... all that stuff I cannot afford to lose.
    04-16-14 01:23 PM
    So is ATT definitely offering the latest upgrade???? I suppose I could actually afford to lose my text convos. But my media card, my saved GPS addresses and recent-list, my contacts... all that stuff I cannot afford to lose.
    Media card does not get wiped. Save you GPS address with something like Evernote. Contacts should be saved with your email account if you set it up like that to begin with. My contacts are all store on my outlook.com account. Yes att is providing the update if you are in a hurry run the att autoloader.
    04-16-14 01:28 PM
    Do the wipe and can't you just restore the wanted info?

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    04-16-14 01:31 PM
    update to official AT&T! That should fix it. Sounds like you're having OS issues, and an OTA update shouldn't wipe your phone.

Many of the things you've mentioned have been improved on 10.2.1
    04-16-14 01:32 PM
    update to official AT&T! That should fix it. Sounds like you're having OS issues, and an OTA update shouldn't wipe your phone.

Many of the things you've mentioned have been improved on 10.2.1
    True. Hold out for the official att update and see if that fixes the issues. If not then you know what you have to do.
    04-16-14 01:35 PM
    According to Link, I already have the most recent version of operating system.

I'm hearing diff people say diff things though. So if I do a complete wipe, att will NOT offer the OS upgrade thru link?
    04-16-14 01:57 PM
    It's in the process of being rolled out today.

Type myver (one word) and then press space so we can see what version you are on..
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    I loaded the official AT&T on my phone this morning. I had been running the T-Mobile 10.2.1 version which also ran well. By the sounds of your problems, an upgrade might help.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-16-14 02:24 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141

I'm on the sprint version I think.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:27 PM
    Sooo att is roll ing out this update today? When will I be able to install it? What if I do a complete media backup, wipe the phone. Then use Link to update me to the most recent OS again will that work?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:12 PM
    Sooo att is roll ing out this update today? When will I be able to install it? What if I do a complete media backup, wipe the phone. Then use Link to update me to the most recent OS again will that work?

Posted via CB10
    Should work. Wont guarantee it as there are no guarantees in life. But since your primary issue is possibly corrupted messages databases, the OS update is farthest from anyones mind right now. Work on the 1 issue then proceed to the next, secure wipe your device and make sure that any issues previously experienced are resolved, then work on the OS update.
    04-16-14 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    If all your must have data can be transferred you should be ok. If you do a Security Wipe and reload the OS, make sure you keep it charged and connected during the entire process.

And it seems that ATT is rolling out the latest update, perhaps it'll be the latest already when you reload the OS. If not, it should come soon.

Let your device sit for a while after you're done. It needs a little time to get up and started properly. It should be like it's brand new.
    04-16-14 05:30 PM
    Holy **** dudes you won't believe this!! So last night I noticed a lot of my apps needed to be updated since I used sachesi to update to new os.

So this morning I wake up and open my phone. It tells me my BlackBerry OS has successfully updated. So check this out:

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2273

And guess what!!!? My problems are fixed!!!!!! No more corrupt text convos, my message sounds are fixed, the delete swipe noise usually works, the preview screen works, the os is faster and smoother, the texting is faster and smoother, my contacts that were broken are now fixed including their names contact pics and everything else that was messed up. I cant believe my phone is fixed after waking up this morning.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and sinlessearth like this.
    04-17-14 08:15 AM
    Good! Saves the hassle of the Security Wipe, which can be a pain in the *ss!
    04-17-14 09:09 AM
    Awesome news! Congrats!
    04-17-14 09:59 AM
    i still cant delete those 3 text convo's... I bet they are still corrupt... but they are all working! And much faster than before. And all of the appropriate pics and names are being associated with them again.
    04-17-14 10:11 AM
    You might want to back up your phone now...

What happens in Vegas...
    04-17-14 10:59 AM
    lol yes I certainly will believe me. But its cool on the lock screen, if it doesn't show the instant preview you touch the alert and it shows part of the message and when it was received. Then you tap it again and it opens it right up!
    04-17-14 11:59 AM
    Alright this is going to be lengthy, and NONE of this would have been possible without the very up close and personal help from genesis 101.

ALL of my problems that I've ever experienced with this blackberry, since purchasing it 1-month out from its a ATT America debut, have been FIXED.

I had to do a complete backup of the phone. Not that I can use it, since using it would re-corrupt my phone, but its a perfect safety net.

I had to backup all of my contacts to my sim card, which I have never done before. I also synced them w/ Link.

I moved EVERYTHING from the device, to the SD card. This can be done through file manager.
    \
    I backed up all of my media in a media-only backup, just to quadruple ensure no data loss.

I synced all of my calendar entries w/ my email account, and also a large chunk of my contacts w/ my email account.

Before I did a complete security wipe of my phone, I removed the media and sim card just to ensure they wouldn't be wiped out.

The security wipe took a good, I'd say, 3-4 hours. Probably having to deal with the corruption issues my phone experienced.

BBM info is all stored via your BB ID. Not the actual messages, per se, but all of the IMPORTANT stuff was.

Now w/ my phone being wiped and only the contacts/media/calendar stuff being restored (NOT from link.......), my phone has NEVER run this good. The battery life is utterly amazing... I can go ALL day w/ abusing my phone to hell and back and still have a ton of battery life left at midnight (phone on at 7ish am).

The phone is wicked fast; menu changes are instantaneous, multi tasking is way fast, there is zero lag anywhere. Going beteen text convos is lightening fast.

I'd say in the past 3 weeks since rebuilding my phone from scratch, my text hub locked up 3x. Every single time its been from an annoying iphone user that sends message after message after message without taking a breath in between, and I Just happened to open that conversation thread the SECOND I also recieved another message. Changing from white background to black background fixed it in 3 seconds. Tops. Some of my convos before the wipe literally took NINE SECONDS to open... yes 9seconds to just load a text convo before my reload.

All thanks to genesis101 for being the only one to really scratch his head and test his patience for me and hold my hand in fixing this.

IMPORTANT:

I tried numerous utilities and even PAID FOR APPS to delete my corrupted text conversations... some of the best SMS apps out there, and you CANNOT delete corrupted text conversations with them. I promise you. You NEED to wipe the phone to clear that corruption out of the system..

For the record, for over a year of owning this phone I only found out a few months ago that doing battery pulls is BAD juju for these phones. ITs possible my battery pulling that I've carried onwards from my previous blackberries is what contributed to this.
    06-01-14 05:30 PM