Hello CrackBerrians!

I have a friend who bought a Z10 on Kijiji a few weeks ago but it didn't come with a receipt. The phone was working fine until a couple of days ago that the speaker became a nuisance; he said it's producing very crackling/static sounds(?) We've done everything including resetting the phone back to factory settings; loading leaked OS's etc etc but the Z10's issue hasn't been resolved so it has to be hardware related.

Does anyone know if BlackBerry would fix it without a receipt? I have friends who use iphones and when these circumstances happen they could just take it to any Apple Store to get it fixed; I went with a friend once and the Apple store at Square One would give a replacement because the speaker was not producing any sounds; the Apple tech didn't ask my friend to present a receipt as proof of purchase - all he did was scan the phone or something and he just pulled up all the info and date of purchase. I just hope BlackBerry would step up to competitors' warranty policies because every where on BB's Limited Warranty it keeps mentioning that we must go through the retailer from whom we purchased the phone first. Since the Z10 has only been out for roughly half a year in Canada, shouldn't it be known that it's not even a year for hardware warranty without proof of purchase?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I love my Z10 a lot but if BlackBerry won't be doing anything I think my friend won't be touching any BB devices in the near future.
    06-09-13 12:09 AM
    Yeah you can't compare bbry to apple. Common sense, courtesy and a simple organization system based on a SERIAL number are mythical creatures only intended for evil doings.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:25 AM