Is there a device that can allow me to activate blackberry assistant hands free on an older car? I'd like to do things like say "Play Celine Dion" ... jk... but you get the idea. Ideally I would not want it to be a headset, I don't want to be wearing anything. I currently just use an aux cable, but I have to start playing the music before I start driving.
    12-31-15 07:06 PM
    Is there a device that can allow me to activate blackberry assistant hands free on an older car? I'd like to do things like say "Play Celine Dion" ... jk... but you get the idea. Ideally I would not want it to be a headset, I don't want to be wearing anything. I currently just use an aux cable, but I have to start playing the music before I start driving.
    You can use the Mute button to launch BlackBerry Assistant, just make sure you have the setting toggled on.
    01-01-16 03:17 PM
    If you're car supports speed dial buttons, program one to call the assistant "999 555 1234" I think ??.
    Then hit the button and the assistant will answer instantly. Then you can ask questions, control your media, send and search messages, etc.

Otherwise you can use your car's BT or a BT car kit to "call blackberry assistant", then you can issue commands. Speed dial buttons is much nicer if supported.

Holding the Mute button on the PB wil activate the assistant too, if enabled. But then you're touching your phone while driving which can get you fined depending on where you are.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 03:24 PM