Am I right, in saying the new Z10. Can't send a group text message?
    (please note not bbm - I want as text message)

Our work requires sending information out on text and between 4-5 of us, we hit 3,000 people, say 4 times a week. Our client base have old phones to new. So text is really only way to hit all. Previously been on torch which was fine but amazed Z10 doesn't accomodate this. I can't find any info about a potential app or update which will resolve this problem either.

Look forward to any replies that can help or confirm the same experience. I received the Z10 and liked the layout, but looks like I'll have to send it back.
    03-13-13 06:15 AM
    When composing a text, hit the + symbol to the right of the "To" field. WIN.
    03-13-13 06:20 AM
    Thanks for your reply. But am I right in thinking that adds one person at a time?
    I need to have a group setup in contacts, so when composing a message I put that group straight in.
    If not, I'd be adding hundreds of contacts to each message and spending endless time. Hopefully this and first message explains the predicament.
    03-13-13 06:27 AM
    Your post is clear, you want to send a group text, some people just don't read. I do not think there is a solution to send a group text.
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    03-13-13 06:31 AM
    Well you add them once. After you send the message...it will remain in your history and you can re-use the group as often as you want. You can also name the chat to help you identify the group.

Posted via CB10
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    03-13-13 06:37 AM
    Ah Bob, now that is a good thought. I've unfortunately had to switch back to my old torch and old sim for now as couldn't be without for the day - if not I'd trial run this idea. Also just thinking out load, the old torch you named the group before sending, so you protected/hid the identity of your say 100 or 200 recipients. Not sure how to get round that. Seems strange not to have this function available from the contact side.
    03-13-13 06:51 AM
    Your post is clear, you want to send a group text, some people just don't read. I do not think there is a solution to send a group text.
    Passive aggressive is such an ugly trait...
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-13-13 08:15 AM
    How about contacting the developer directly and ask if there will be a new version for OS 10?

BlackBerry World - Mass Texting (e-Mobile Software, Inc)
    03-13-13 08:23 AM
    I want to delete the multiple text messages from my Z10 in one go,Can anybody guide me on this.
    03-13-13 08:56 AM
    There is no "delete all" function, if that is what you are asking.

Instead, you have to use the "select more" function.

Touch and hold on the first sms. The side bar will show on the right. Touch the bottom last icon that has a tick and a square behind it. Proceed to touch all the smses you want to delete. You can skip messages if you wish. Works like a CTRL-select function. Then touch the Trash icon.

I want to delete the multiple text messages from my Z10 in one go,Can anybody guide me on this.
    03-13-13 09:01 AM
    Well, I did speak to my network provider on Friday and early this week, on each occasion my network provider could not answer the question and asked me to wait while they phoned blackberry. When they returned each time, the answer was never for the exact question I asked. In the end I was put thru to Blackberry direct early this week and after being quizzed for 5mins about who I was and why was I talking to blackberry direct, I was provided with the answer "no". Seems my network shouldn't have put me thru which I don't understand.
    Anyway in short I thought I had been palmed off by the chap at blackberry and couldn't beleive no group contact option wasn't available. So started a thread for knowledge or alternative solutions to the problem.

new version for OS 10? does this mean a new operating system for the z10? not really sure what that would mean
    03-13-13 09:09 AM
    No no. I meant a new version of that app that I had posted the link to, that will work on BB10 O/S. The one in that link isn't for BB10.
    03-13-13 09:22 AM
    Why post two threads about it? Your question was already answered.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781198
    03-13-13 09:26 AM
    There is no "delete all" function, if that is what you are asking.

Instead, you have to use the "select more" function.

Touch and hold on the first sms. The side bar will show on the right. Touch the bottom last icon that has a tick and a square behind it. Proceed to touch all the smses you want to delete. You can skip messages if you wish. Works like a CTRL-select function. Then touch the Trash icon.
    There is a delete prior option if you hold your finger on the date bar, just like with bbos devices.
    03-13-13 09:27 AM
    Ah Bob, now that is a good thought. I've unfortunately had to switch back to my old torch and old sim for now as couldn't be without for the day - if not I'd trial run this idea. Also just thinking out load, the old torch you named the group before sending, so you protected/hid the identity of your say 100 or 200 recipients. Not sure how to get round that. Seems strange not to have this function available from the contact side.
    When you send a mass group text message, it doesn't give away the information of the other recipients to anybody but the sender. At the receiving end it looks like it was just sent to one person from sender. So I don't think there's too much to worry about here...unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying re-naming the chat after composing and sending should be fine.
    03-13-13 09:28 AM
    Oh! I learnt something new today! Thank you!!

There is a delete prior option if you hold your finger on the date bar, just like with bbos devices.
    03-13-13 09:29 AM
    just use groupme
    03-13-13 09:33 AM
    Problem with GroupMe is that when one person replies, everybody gets the reply. Also, each person that gets the text, gets it from a different number, which causes confusion. People start thinking your message is spam.
    03-21-13 11:00 PM
    When you send a mass group text message, it doesn't give away the information of the other recipients to anybody but the sender. At the receiving end it looks like it was just sent to one person from sender. So I don't think there's too much to worry about here...unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying re-naming the chat after composing and sending should be fine.
    A text message sent to several people will become an MMS and the recipients can see the other people on the list. I don't know what options were selected by the sender, or if this is always true, but I have received text messages where the recipients were all listed.

To see them you have to click on the quote icon in the upper left corner of the message.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:36 AM
    Fenn21, I agree with you about the group text. I am going to go back to my old BlackBerry until they fix this problem, grrr.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:22 AM