Of course if you drive a newer car, chances are it has a USB port so you won't need a car charger, but not everyone's so lucky..
    Interesting...I never thought of doing this. Will it charge as fast as a car charger?
    02-24-13 03:06 PM
    GPS uses satellite signal. Your device can be toggled to use cell tower assist to give you a faster fix. However if your area has a good concentration of satellites, cell tower assist in not needed. Usually a minimum of 6 satellites in your "constellation" is sufficient for stand alone GPS operation. Yes it is a battery hog becuase it is constantly receiving signal and calculating to update your position.
    Hi,

Could you let me know how do i go about enabling Cell Tower Assist on the Z10.
    02-24-13 10:02 PM
    It works but... maybe I don't know how to use it but it doesn't show the nearest bus stops and tube stations which is terrible.

Google maps are still the best. They had years to perfect it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:38 PM
    My 820 locks in gps in seconds. Z10 took a lot longer, if ever locks in. I think nothing beats nokia in gps and phone-map interface.

Posted via CB10
    ferazzz1985 likes this.
    02-25-13 04:10 AM
    I wish you could turn the screen off and just listen to the turn by turn directions. As an aside I tried nokia here maps through the browser. I was surprised how well it worked in a browser.

When you do try it you can download the voice directions. I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if this method would work offline.
    You can, just leave it as an active frame, the voice directions will still come trough.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 04:49 AM
    I think its little bit confused, "Is the gps really that bad?" some people talking about GPS signal (Hardware) and other People talking about Navigation( Software)
    To the OP, what exactly is bad? The BBMaps or the GPS signal?
    02-25-13 05:50 AM
    Hi,

Could you let me know how do i go about enabling Cell Tower Assist on the Z10.

I don't know on OS10. On my OS6, it is called location aiding under the GPS settings.
    02-25-13 07:18 AM
    I think its little bit confused, "Is the gps really that bad?" some people talking about GPS signal (Hardware) and other People talking about Navigation( Software)
    To the OP, what exactly is bad? The BBMaps or the GPS signal?

Yes, seems people are blaming the map software for a GPS problem. Like blaming call quality on cell signal. I don't know what apps are available for OS10, but for previous OS, Tworoads software has a simple utility called GPS Tool. It shows number of satellites and signal strength for your location and will integrate with BB and google maps.
    02-25-13 07:31 AM
    Well, it looks like we're the only 2 who've been having problems with gps.

On my z10 it constantly disconnect since a couple of days. Not sure if it depends by google maps+navigator app I side loaded onto my BB (never got problems with it before OS update though).
    It always occurs in this app, and if close it and open BlackBerry Maps to start a navigation, it pops up a message giving me error about positioning. Restart my z10, but nothing.. wait for 5 minutes and everything goes until a new disconnection occurs, pretty randomly actually.
    It's been this way since last OS update to 10.0.10.90.
    03-21-13 07:03 AM
    I used it without problems for the first time on Saturday, worked fine. My buddy that was with me was quite impressed.
    03-21-13 07:10 AM
    I noticed (once.. still need to try it a few times though) that if you start navigation from "Navigation" option in Google maps, it loses gps signal. I went to map - looked up the destination address - click the map icon next to the pin then hit navigate on bottom left. This way, I was able to navigate without losing gps signal.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:16 AM
    Is GPS tied to the chipset or is it a separate module? I just wonder if the mixed reports depend on which Z10 you have?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:30 AM
    I noticed (once.. still need to try it a few times though) that if you start navigation from "Navigation" option in Google maps, it loses gps signal. I went to map - looked up the destination address - click the map icon next to the pin then hit navigate on bottom left. This way, I was able to navigate without losing gps signal.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to try that tomorrow.. let's hope it works. quite disappointed when my side loaded Google maps loses gps signal on the go.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:41 AM
    I'm. Pretty meh on the navigation. Not as bad as I thought it would be but compared to Nokia drive and google maps it pretty much sucks. I haven't used ios so I can't compare that.
    03-21-13 10:01 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience igotaq! Next time I'll give it a try!

We need tools, not toys.
    03-24-13 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I confirm it works without GPS problems this way. Good hint!

We need tools, not toys.
    03-30-13 11:03 AM
    Buy Magellan it works awesome and flawlessly for $4-5 that's cheap.

No issues with gps.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-30-13 11:19 AM
    I've had similar GPS drop off problems with Google map apps. Not with the native app.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:51 AM
    I use Magellan Compass navigation and and have no issues what so ever and its 100% accurate GPS.
    04-18-13 12:53 AM
    It will get you where you need to go, but, sometimes I have to restart to get the display to show up as needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:56 AM
    Gps on my Z10 works better than on any of my previous 10+ Berrys
    04-18-13 01:05 AM
    hi

i am new to blackberry z10. can you please tell me good GPS apps name to download?

thanks
    sourabh
    08-10-13 04:51 AM
    I like Mireo

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:13 AM
    Waze has been great.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:35 AM
    I've read several articles that say the Z10 gps blows. Are there any users out there who can speak from experience?
    I used BB Maps many times and it worked flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:16 PM
115 ... 2345