I've read several articles that say the Z10 gps blows. Are there any users out there who can speak from experience?
    02-14-13 01:34 AM
    No. I have had no issues. In fact I found the BlackBerry maps and his fantastic and accurate

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    canuckvoip, LAZYMAN 91 and tte404 like this.
    02-14-13 01:52 AM
    My Z10 gps is MUCH better than on my 9900.
    02-14-13 01:53 AM
    No. I have had no issues. In fact I found the BlackBerry maps and his fantastic and accurate

I'm with JB. Works first time every time. No worries here in Vancouver.
    02-14-13 01:54 AM
    Honestly, for the 9930, BB Maps sucks. I have only heard good things about it on the z10. After google maps stoped working on BB, they had to step up their game.
    02-14-13 01:58 AM
    Its ok... But the UI sucks and its really lacking cool stuffs like satellite views etc
    02-14-13 02:02 AM
    I can't imagine it's as bad as ios maps. LoL you see that thing???
    02-14-13 02:07 AM
    I can't imagine it's as bad as ios maps. LoL you see that thing???
    I used to dislike the maps on iOS but as ive been using an iphone5 for the past week the maps app is pretty fantastic, i really enjoy how its integrated into the phone. I really hope BB integrates theirs like that. my favorite part is that you can do whatever you please and the app is still on the top or on the lock screen its still giving you directions.
    02-14-13 02:22 AM
    I heard Apple has been hiring a ton of software engineers to perfect their Maps app, not sure if it'll ever be as good as google maps though
    Is z10 gps really that bad?-image.jpg
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-14-13 03:46 AM
    I've read several articles that say the Z10 gps blows. Are there any users out there who can speak from experience?
    So far no issues -- only tested it going from/to work and home. Starts up quickly. Finds the route quickly. Provides turn by turn directions. It's pretty basic but gets the job done. Oh, one thing, not sure how accurate its traffic feature is.
    cdnaddict likes this.
    02-14-13 03:58 AM
    Its ok... But the UI sucks and its really lacking cool stuffs like satellite views etc
    For a GPS, do you really need a satellite view? It's for going from point a to point b.
    02-14-13 04:00 AM
    BlackBerry Maps on the Z10 is simply a navigation tool and it's a pretty amazing one. it's fast, accurate and extremely fluid. Mine seems to find my location in seconds even if I haven't opened it in a few days.

peter9477 and Bdot-1 like this.
    02-14-13 04:04 AM
    Locates me while moving or stationary in under 5-7 seconds.
    02-14-13 04:34 AM
    Nope, mine is great.
    02-14-13 07:06 AM
    Z10'ers, have you been able to transfer your BB maps favorite locations from your OS6 or 7 device?
    02-14-13 07:24 AM
    Not to be a stickler....but a gps either works or not, its all about the reference maps after that....maybe change the title to 'Is Z10 Maps really that bad?'
    02-14-13 07:27 AM
    BlackBerry Maps on the Z10 is simply a navigation tool and it's a pretty amazing one. it's fast, accurate and extremely fluid. Mine seems to find my location in seconds even if I haven't opened it in a few days.

For clarification, does BB Maps on BB10 incorporate the navigation capabilities of BB Traffic on OS7? That is, does it give spoken turn-by-turn directions? People used to complain that BB Maps and BB Traffic needed to be a single app. Is that what has happened?

For the record, I liked BB Traffic on my 9900, not least because of the minimalistic interface, which involved much less over-the-network downloading of eye candy. This had low impact on battery and data allowance.
    02-14-13 07:33 AM
    Yes, BB Maps has spoken turn by turn. I utilized it last night to find a concert venue in Toronto and it worked great. Essentially just like any standalone gps unit.
    peter9477 and ubizmo like this.
    02-14-13 07:43 AM
    I find the maps and navigation app pretty great actually. And yes, it has spoken turn by turn directions (it says the street names as well).

ubizmo likes this.
    02-14-13 07:47 AM
    For clarification, does BB Maps on BB10 incorporate the navigation capabilities of BB Traffic on OS7? That is, does it give spoken turn-by-turn directions? People used to complain that BB Maps and BB Traffic needed to be a single app. Is that what has happened?

For the record, I liked BB Traffic on my 9900, not least because of the minimalistic interface, which involved much less over-the-network downloading of eye candy. This had low impact on battery and data allowance.
    it's nothing like either of them, yea it has voice turn by turn, traffic and day night modes but don't think about it as a combination those two.
    Attached Thumbnails Is z10 gps really that bad?-img_00000237.jpg   Is z10 gps really that bad?-img_00000238.jpg  
    saintforlife and ubizmo like this.
    02-14-13 07:48 AM
    So, what do you see on screen during the navigation? BB Traffic had a choice of minimalistic views. All I really need to see is the next turn or decision point: it's general configuration and how far away it is. But I suppose now that it's merged with Maps it shows continuously updated maps, so data usage will be more than it was with BB Traffic.

Edit: Thanks, BD, our posts crossed. Now I see exactly what's going on.
    02-14-13 07:51 AM
    Not to be a stickler....but a gps either works or not, its all about the reference maps after that....maybe change the title to 'Is Z10 Maps really that bad?'
    That was my question as well. Is it a hardware thing or bundled software?
    02-14-13 07:52 AM
    I have no issues with my GPS it picks up my location within a few seconds, Way better than my Torch 9860
    theaudiguy likes this.
    02-14-13 07:52 AM
    I loved traffic too. The interface was kind of silly, but I always found it great for guiding me around traffic snarls.
    02-14-13 07:53 AM

This view might be closer to the previous BlackBerry Traffic app.
    Attached Thumbnails Is z10 gps really that bad?-img_00000239.jpg  
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-14-13 07:54 AM
115 123 ...