Z10 A-GPS Question
I have a question regarding the A-GPS on the Z10
Firstly, i have all the services in the Location Services Tab turned on (i.e. Location Services, Traffic Data Collection & Location Based Adverts)
Lets say i'm in the native blackberry maps app
When i'm inside a building, the GPS does not lock on (obviously due to interference), but shouldnt the A-GPS be able determine the position (even with lesser accuracy) using the cell towers (related question ... do you need cell broadcast to be active for that and if so how do i activate it?)
Say i'm using Facebook, it gets really annoying when i'm in a building and can't check in to a location bcoz it cant be detrmined.
Is there any way that i can check whether the A-GPS is active or is this a software or hardware fault ?
Would Appreciate some feedback
- By budman45 in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 10Last Post: 09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
- By Pseudo-Fed in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-12-2007, 12:39 AM
- By K-Rock-XP in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
- By budman45 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
- By curry in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2007, 11:34 PM