Hi. My z10 goes into total silent mode
    On its own. Not a single sound even when u try to play a music or video file and I can't seem to get it back to normal.

Also the back of the phone feels very hot.

Can anyone help me out?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:29 AM
    Sounds like the software got screwed up. Did you try a full restart and check your volume settings?

On a side note. I have found it just a little too easy to hit the Volume Down button in routine handling. Needs a stronger spring!
    05-09-13 09:34 AM
    Full restart? How do I do that

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:41 AM
    I had this problem and discovered that the volume buttons on the right side of the device were causing it to go into silent mode. If you lower the volume to zero and push it one more time it will change to silent mode. You will see the cracked bell appear next to the battery symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. if you push the volume up button the cracked bell will disappear and go back to normal mode. I now leave the volume set at least half way in case it accidently gets pushed. Also, the side volume buttons don't do this when the screen is asleep. Hope this helps.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-13-13 10:50 AM
    This has been happening to also. At random times I will find the phone has gone from vibrate only to silent mode. I just tried reproducing it by pushing the volume button down several times and every time I check the phone is still in vibrate mode which is what I want. I can't figure out what is causing it to go into silent mode which means I miss calls because the phone doesn't vibrate or anything. I use the blackberry holster and I can't help but think somehow something is getting triggered when I put it in the holster. It happens about once every week or two.
    05-30-13 10:51 AM
    Finally I got it to go into silent mode using the volume buttons. It is still frustrating because I never had this issue on my Torch 9810. I'm the kind of person who leaves their phone in vibrate at all times because you never know where you are and what alert is comming in. I wish I could lock this so the volume button doesn't take it out of vibrate mode.
    05-30-13 12:16 PM