Has anyone successfully added a GoDaddy email account to the Z10? I get passed the username and password validation, but then when I edit the the fields (from the default imap address to the pop address that I have, in addition to the SSL ports), it starts to verify, and then it completes without having added the account or without issuing any errors. Any ideas?
    02-05-13 02:57 PM
    You have to go to advanced settings and put everything in manually under pop
    02-05-13 03:23 PM
    check your godaddy email server and set the RELAY to 250. I had it set to 0 and that was my issue. I switched it all to 250 and added the account. No Problem!. make a not that POP servers do not PUSH email. only the IMAP servers and with godaddy that is only available on the unlimited plan.

good luck!
    02-06-13 07:23 PM
    IMAP push doesn't seem to work with the Z10 for my GoDaddy accounts either through my unlimited IMAP accounts or through my POP accounts using the rimimap.secureserver.net server. Anyone else have success in getting push to work?

I am trying to get GoDaddy to recognize the Z10 as a Blackberry device so that it can used on the rimimap.secureserver.net server but dealing with their support team is next to impossible - they don't understand the issue so they can't get the solution sent to the right people.
    02-28-13 08:00 AM
    rimimap.secureserver.net will never recognize your phone without a major change from GoDaddy. This address never recognized BlackBerry devices, it detects BlackBerry's BIS servers and will only connect to them.
    Wbrian likes this.
    02-28-13 08:10 AM
    And thus since BB 10 doesn't use BIS, we are SOL. Is that the point? If so, that sucks since GoDaddy's IMAP doesn't push at the moment.

EDIT: IMAP on the Z10 with GoDaddy isn't doing a 2-way sync like it is supposed to - it is acting like it did on prior OS versions: changes on the BB will be sent to the email server and reconciled, but changes to the mailbox from Outlook or the webmail interface aren't pushed to the Z10. Will have to investigate further and see who is the party at fault.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 02-28-13 at 11:01 AM.
    02-28-13 09:17 AM
    @qpro

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to successfully set up your Go Daddy email with your Z10?

The following walkthroughs can assist you in locating the settings for your email through POP and IMAP:
    Setting up Your Email Address with POP | Go Daddy Help | Go Daddy Support

Setting up Your Email Address with IMAP | Go Daddy Help | Go Daddy Support

If you are still unable to get your email working correctly on your device please reply or feel free to send me a private message.
    jslawell likes this.
    03-04-13 09:03 PM
    @Ken - any update on whether the IMAP push issue lies with GoDaddy or BlackBerry? Reconciliation works fine, but I don't get emails pushed to my Z10.

Also, kinda OT, but any ideas why Outlook isn't properly deleting items from the IMAP server? Read/unread flags reconcile, but deleted items in Outlook don't get deleted from the IMAP server and consequently don't get deleted from the Z10. If deleted on the Z10, it gets deleted from the IMAP server and then gets deleted in Outlook. I'm using Outlook 2013, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

FWIW, I have 2 IMAP accounts and 7 POP accounts, all with GoDaddy, working fine on my Z10 except for the issues listed above.
    03-04-13 10:18 PM
    @HofstraJet

Thank you for your patience with my reply.

IMAP does not push, it syncs. The push was due to using rimimap.secureserver.net which connected to BIS and BES servers.

Those servers continually poll the email server for new messages then pushed them to your device.

I would like to look into your additional concerns with your emails syncing. If you can send me a direct message with additional information about your email, I'll be more than happy to assist.
    03-07-13 12:46 AM
    I have 2 go daddy accounts and they both work fine from the get go.. email and password is all I had to put

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:37 AM
    @Ken - thanks for the reply. Myunderstanding is that IMAP had a IMAP Idle function where it could receive push email, hence the option in the Z10 email setup screen stating "Use push if suported" and all of the chatter about Google dropping the IMAP push feature from Gmail. If GoDaddy doesn't support it, that's another issue - but there is an IMAP protocol for push email otherwise that Z10 setup option is meaningless.

As for Outlook, apparently in Outlook 2013 I have to select the following two options in the Advanced tab under Account Settings to have emails fully sync to the IMAP server:

Mark items for deletion but do not move them automatically
    Purge items when switching folders online

It now works fine. This should be added to the GoDaddy help database and agent scripts since the canned response from the help desk was "here's a link on how to set up your email in Outlook and if it doesn't work, use WebMail." That's not an answer. I understand that GoDaddy can't provide support for every email client, but at least figure out how your servers work with Outlook and tell people the proper settings. Saying that GoDaddy can't provide support for Outlook settings doesn't help the customer since Microsoft says "contact your email provider for settings specific to your account."

Thanks!
    03-07-13 08:58 AM
    @qpro

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to successfully set up your Go Daddy email with your Z10?

The following walkthroughs can assist you in locating the settings for your email through POP and IMAP:
    Setting up Your Email Address with POP | Go Daddy Help | Go Daddy Support

Setting up Your Email Address with IMAP | Go Daddy Help | Go Daddy Support

If you are still unable to get your email working correctly on your device please reply or feel free to send me a private message.
    Thanks Ken. I was able to get it resolved. I called Go Daddy support and got them to change my email account to IMAP rather than POP3. Works fine now.
    03-07-13 09:19 AM
    I didn't read this thread in its entirety, but all I can spout about GoDaddy and Z10 support at this time is:

ABANDON SHIP.

Please PM me for details on the matter, so I don't appear to be purposefully ruining a companies reputation. My attempt to work with GoDaddy on ActiveSync/BES/BB10 platform was a miserable failure.
    03-07-13 09:22 AM
    @browningit,

I would like to discuss your your experience with our teams. I will PM you my Go Daddy contact information. Thank you for sharing this.
    03-12-13 09:37 PM
    I am also unable to setup IMAP for my GoDaddy account on my Z10.

The instructions at: KB33649-Setting up an IMAP GoDaddy hosted email account on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone do not work.
    03-13-13 08:38 AM
    I have to agree with browningit I have tried three time on the phone with Go Daddy support and still my hosted Exchange e-mail does not work except via SMTP, and then it adds HTML or XML code into any replies I send.

Ken_GoDaddy if you have any advice please PM me.

- Bob

Edit
    I was able to get Active Sync working by opening OWA and removing an old phone sync from the 21st, th is done under options phones. I don't know why Go Daddy support could not figure that out themselves
    Last edited by RJMullins; 03-25-13 at 06:54 PM.
    03-25-13 02:52 PM
    @RJMullins,

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to this.

I would like to discuss your experience with our teams. I will send you my contact info via PM. Thank you for sharing this.

@Sould2K

Thank you for your message and patience with my reply as I have been out of the office.

Have you been able to set up your Go Daddy IMAP email on your Z10 since your post?

If not I would be more than happy to assist. Please feel free to reply or send me a direct message.
    03-27-13 09:42 PM
    I was able to set up my GoDaddy hosted email using IMAP settings on my Z10. However, GoDaddy IMAP servers do not support IMAP IDLE.

To GoDaddy staff who may be watching this thread - please advise if IDLE will be implemented on your IMAP servers in the near future. If not, I will be changing my company's email hosting to a service that does support it. Instant email delivery is crucial to my business. It was never an issue before, since my previous BlackBerry phones used the BIS push service, but now that I have the Z10 it is a big issue for me.

Sent from my Z10
    HofstraJet likes this.
    04-06-13 06:28 PM
    I was able to set up my GoDaddy hosted email using IMAP settings on my Z10. However, GoDaddy IMAP servers do not support IMAP IDLE.

To GoDaddy staff who may be watching this thread - please advise if IDLE will be implemented on your IMAP servers in the near future. If not, I will be changing my company's email hosting to a service that does support it. Instant email delivery is crucial to my business. It was never an issue before, since my previous BlackBerry phones used the BIS push service, but now that I have the Z10 it is a big issue for me.

Sent from my Z10
    +1000

This has been an issue with GoDaddy for as long as I care to remember - they choose to ignore the issue and do not implement IMAP IDLE despite repeated requests from numerous user groups (Google IMAP IDLE and GoDaddy and you will see what I mean). As you said, was never an issue before - only now that BIS is gone.
    04-06-13 06:48 PM
    All I had to do was follow the setup... Add e mil, then password, so on...

It works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:18 PM
    All I had to do was follow the setup... Add e mil, then password, so on...

It works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as I said, I got the account set up. I am not having a technical issue with the account setup on the phone. What does NOT work is the notification one would expect when an email is received by the IMAP server. This is because GoDaddy does not have IDLE implemented on their servers.

As pointed out by HofstraJet above, GoDaddy has ignored this problem for a long time. Quite honestly, I have found their email service to be quite unreliable and hard to deal with anyway. Unless I hear some positive response from GoDaddy on this very soon, I will be switching providers. I have also submitted a support ticket to them directly. If I do get some positive resolution from GoDaddy I will be sure to post an update here.

Sent from my Z10
    04-06-13 07:32 PM
    GoDaddy sucks, plain and simple. They're a misogynist company that has decent support with a lot of blind sides.

There are other companies that are genuinely nice people AND have great support - I like name.com personally.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:54 PM
    I would like to know why that after two weeks of no issues with my GoDaddy emails all of as sudden my Z10 wants me to confirm my passwords for them about six times a day.
    04-09-13 01:40 PM
    I also have several email accounts hosted on Godaddy and after switching to the Z10, I keep getting requests to confirm my account password.
    Godaddy really needs to implement an easy to setup for push email service for their customers, or many like myself will be leaving as BB10 doesn't have BIS doing it anymore.
    04-12-13 01:28 PM
    I have a hosted account with IX web hosting and my IMAP setup works great with my Z10. I get e-mails instantly and have had no issues. I have my Z10 setup with 4 e-mail accounts from my hosted IMAP server with no issues so i would guess any issues are with Godaddy.
    04-12-13 01:36 PM
45 12