For those of you who already have the Z10 and use gmail for your email service.

Do you get push email to the Z10 now that google stopped allowing new activesync connectors?
    03-29-13 10:50 AM
    Both my business Gmail as well as personal Gmail come in without a hitch.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:54 AM
    For those of you who already have the Z10 and use gmail for your email service.

Do you get push email to the Z10 now that google stopped allowing new activesync connectors?
    My Gmail come instantly on my Z10. I have about 4 devices sitting around right now, all on a different OS, and they all get a new mail notification within seconds of each other.

Two-way sync is not the best however. I found if you manually refresh your inbox on the Z10 it will update the servers right away.
    03-29-13 10:55 AM
    Yes, with IMAP IDLE, you get instant push Gmail. Don't listen to the many clueless on this site who will argue otherwise. There's even a push on/off toggle in settings if you've set it up properly. Again, this is all without active sync.
    03-29-13 11:16 AM
    Yes, with IMAP IDLE, you get instant push Gmail. Don't listen to the many clueless on this site who will argue otherwise. There's even a push on/off toggle in settings if you've set it up properly. Again, this is all without active sync.
    Care to elaborate on this? (how-to?)

I have mine setup the default method (enter email password and it sets up your accounts). Email is far from instant that is for sure. I have tested it many times. Sometimes it is super quick, sometimes it is delayed 5-10 minutes.
    03-29-13 11:20 AM
    Care to elaborate on this? (how-to?)

I have mine setup the default method (enter email password and it sets up your accounts). Email is far from instant that is for sure. I have tested it many times. Sometimes it is super quick, sometimes it is delayed 5-10 minutes.
    Go into your account settings, and click on that particular email. There should be an "Allow push if Supported" (or something similar) toggle. Is that toggle set to on? There should so be a sync time underneath it, for functions that don't support push, and also if push fails. Anyways, if that toggle is present, then you've set it up properly.

Basically, if push is working for you, but unreliably, the likely issue is your network. In order for IMAP IDLE to work, it needs to keep a constantly open socket. If anything interrupts that, it will revert back to the 15 minute sync, and attempt to reopen the socket then as well. The point is that if the "Push" toggle is turned on, the issue is most likely your network (usually, router blocking certain ports, etc.).
    geekaren, Omnitech and ngocphamm like this.
    03-29-13 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have a Bold and I dont want to have to wait 15 minutes for my emails to come in on gmail if they dont let you use activesync anymore. Is there a setting for imap idle?
    03-29-13 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have a Bold and I dont want to have to wait 15 minutes for my emails to come in on gmail if they dont let you use activesync anymore. Is there a setting for imap idle?
    Read the replies before this post.
    03-29-13 11:30 AM
    As bannedfornoreason2 mentioned, if you set up gmail using the default method (i.e., entering your gmail address and letting the Z10 set up your imap settings), "Use push if Supported" should be set to "On".

In tandem with that setting, I've noticed my mail arrives on the Z10 nearly instantaneously when the email account settings screen "sync interval" field is set to *manual* (vs when set to 15 minutes). Might be worth changing your "sync interval" setting to manual to see if that helps...
    03-29-13 03:29 PM