Hello,

A friend of mine has just gotten his 4th Z10 within 3 months (Rogers customer). His previous three devices had to be replaced mainly for rebooting issues.
    I tried to help him set up the latest one and we noticed a new issue. The phone randomly loses contact with data network after turning WiFi off. The phone does see Rogers LTE network but it is unable to use it. Impossible to turn WiFi back on. Restart is the only solution.
    Also, we noticed that it lost connection to wireless network after going into sleep while being on LTE.

Did anyone experience these issues, by chance ?

I am afraid my friend's loyalty will have to come to an end.

Thanks,
    05-25-13 09:53 PM
    Hello,

A friend of mine has just gotten his 4th Z10 within 3 months (Rogers customer). His previous three devices had to be replaced mainly for rebooting issues.
    I tried to help him set up the latest one and we noticed a new issue. The phone randomly loses contact with data network after turning WiFi off. The phone does see Rogers LTE network but it is unable to use it. Impossible to turn WiFi back on. Restart is the only solution.
    Also, we noticed that it lost connection to wireless network after going into sleep while being on LTE.

Did anyone experience these issues, by chance ?

I am afraid my friend's loyalty will have to come to an end.

Thanks,
    Was the device properly registered on the network?
    05-25-13 10:36 PM
    Was the device properly registered on the network?
    Yes, it was.
    Also, it has been updated to the latest version as well.
    05-25-13 10:42 PM
    Mine does something similar, I can connect to wifi and everything works fine, but when I'm not on wifi I cannot get a data connection at all! Even on the 4G network.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:14 AM
    I get the same problem. Though it was just me.

Blackberry for life!
    05-26-13 06:51 AM
    Same issue here from time to time

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:58 AM
    Spoke to the provider and apparently after all BlackBerry updates your supposed to request a data refresh to be sent to your phone. Which they did and worked perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:53 AM
    Spoke to the provider and apparently after all BlackBerry updates your supposed to request a data refresh to be sent to your phone. Which they did and worked perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    What is that supposed to do ?
    05-26-13 09:26 AM
    Every time I leave home and out of my wifi range my date connection won't work and I have to reset

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:36 AM
    Have the same issue here. It seems as though everytime i leave my home wifi zone and try and make a call it says cannot complete the call please try again later. And when i try and connect to the internet it just won't connect. If i reboot or toggle airplane mode it works after. Also, i've noticed that if i just leave it alone it will just start working. Updated to the latest leaked version last night. Looks like things are better but can't really say until drive around. I will report back. Also, the data plan I have is a generic data plan NOT a BB data plan. I had a BB data plan before but switched cause i was using an Iphone. The fido rep said that the data plan i have will work on BB10 unlike the older BB's which required a BB data plan. What kind of data plans do you guys have? Maybe the they are wrong and we really do need a BB Data plan for it to function properly??
    05-26-13 10:17 AM
    What is that supposed to do ?
    It puts the connectivity settings right at the phone companies end to make sure your phone is correctly sited on the network

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:16 AM
    It puts the connectivity settings right at the phone companies end to make sure your phone is correctly sited on the network

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

He'll try to speak to CS.
    05-26-13 11:57 AM
    Hey guyz,

I am on Q10 and been on 10.2 since it's release, but i recently started facing this issue like a week ago or something. When I leave wifi zone or turn off wifi, the phone loses data connection. I either need to toggle airplane mode, mobile network or data connection to get data back.
    Anyone seems to have resolved this? Would reloading the os fix this?
    Called my carrier they said (we advise you to turn off wifi when leaving a wifi zone) but the prob is even when I turn off wifi, I lose connection, and it happens when the phone is been on wifi for a while.
    11-10-13 10:37 PM
    About my entry above: I have realized this happens only around my home wifi (i am using a Linksys E1000 router). It doesn't happen anywhere else (Work, Hotels, Restaurants, etc. )
    I have received a minimal (28MB) update a couple of days back, but this haven't minimized the issue. I will try resetting my router, and see if this solves the issue
    12-16-13 11:42 PM