CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Gets Wolfson DAC According to the Article

Hopefully this is helpful to those considering switching over and is accurate. I know audio quality is going to be part of my next purchasing decision and this helps me lean more toward the Z10. By the way, I have Neutron on my GSII with the Yamaha DAC and it sounds amazing. I can't imagine what it will sound like with the Wolfson DAC.

Wolfson cashes in as shoppers keep taking tablets - Management - Scotsman.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

This is very good news. I was wondering what DAC the Z10 was using. Also wondering if Q10 will get the same. That's where my interest lies. Will I be able to access the digital stream directly through the mini HDMI port? I have to somehow figure out how to get that signal to my Pioneer car stereo. I want to drop the ipod touch and just go with one device for cellular communication and music.

Edit: ..and yes, I know I can just bluetooth stream audio. That's a given. Taping the signal before the headphone amp stage and routing it directly to the car headunit gives a much much cleaner sound. Mp3's are already compressed enough. No sense compounding that via bluetooth.
    Last edited by CarFan; 02-05-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Not sure how you will do that, but my guess is if you can do it using your ipod you can with the Z10. I would also think they will follow suite with the Q10. How do you connect your touch now? I donn't suppose your car stereo has bluetooth.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I've got an aftermarket Pioneer CD receiver (circa 2008) with 30pin ipod input. I have a brand new 5G ipod touch. with the lightning connector. It took a bit of online research to find the combination of adapters to make it all work. and it does, quite well.. The Pioneer indeed has bluetooth streaming. That's how I know direct connection sounds better.