Hello all, anybody cares to share their opinion on this. Everytime I browse the net, the phone gets hot and battery drains fast. Battery guru shows 2.0w of power. Can anybody confirm this? The next one that drains battery for my device is BBM. My os version is 10.0 10.90. Battery id is 227. Screen at 30%. Emails at 24 hour sync interval. Screen locks in 10 seconds. On 3g network. Thanks
    03-30-13 03:52 AM
    Define hot? it would get warm with constant use that's for sure, but i don't think you would have to worry about it 'overheating' unless there is a defect. What temperatures are you getting from battery guru whilst browsing?

The device itself screams multimedia --> can't see why it wouldn't be built for browsing considering the browser itself is simply stunning!
    03-30-13 03:58 AM
    All phones get warm when used. After hours if browsing the Web, I would be very surprised if it didn't. Any school kid could tell you that it's simple physics.
    As for saying that the Z10 hasn't been designed for browsing I couldn't disagree more, it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 and anon(26204) like this.
    03-30-13 04:05 AM
    post a screenshot of th graphs
    03-30-13 04:10 AM
    Depends on the websites you are visiting.
    YouTube or any video website uses tons of power due to the video + high data transfer. Sites with lots of high res images or Flash contents can also be very power hungry. Sites with mostly text uses very little power.
    03-30-13 04:18 AM
    Not sure what phone you had before the Z10, but browsing (especially full, non mobile sites) heavily absuses the battery on any modern smartphone due to their ability to run heavy javascript, html 5, etc. code.

If you want to improve battery life while browsing, as much as possible, turn off desktop mode and flash (both off by default). Otherwise, that sounds pretty normal.
    03-30-13 04:27 AM
    Thank you to those with helpful replies. Battery guru shows 40 celcius. I have samsung note 2 and use it excessively for browsing and playing games. The phone does not turn hot and battery doesnt drain as fast as the z10. I only use z10 to browse when my samsung is off. And I only use it mostly to browse here @crackberry.com. I dont use z10 to browse much since it drains my battery really fast.

I am only asking to determine if I have a defective battery because my battery doesnt last a day.

Thanks again
    misskalunji likes this.
    03-30-13 04:52 AM
    We already rolled out 13 z10's in our company, and none of them get's warm except on recording HD Video. So i think the device is broken, bring it back.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-30-13 05:11 AM
    Browser is best I have ever seen, been using it for 2 hours thus morning battery guru not showing hot and battery life hardly moved. You don't have travel installed by any chance
    Known issue here with auto email checking switched on?

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-30-13 05:26 AM
    We already rolled out 13 z10's in our company, and none of them get's warm except on recording HD Video. So i think the device is broken, bring it back.
    What supplications does the OP have installed?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-30-13 05:35 AM
    My browser is great! Way better than any other phone, if not my laptop...

The only complaint I would have is the big black address bar which takes square metres of space for nothing, especially on landscape mode.

It can get a bit warm but nothing mad...

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-30-13 05:41 AM
    Browsing websites are never a problem with Z10. It's fast and very accurate. It gets warm just a bit but not too warm. My android phone used to get dam hot while on 3G but Z10 is doing great. Also the battery is great while browsing. It's the other apps that suck battery power.

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 and pandapurple like this.
    03-30-13 05:42 AM
    Hi, there have been talks of specific apps draining power in the forums, you might want to search the forum. Some say whatsapp, some say BB travel I can't remember exactly. FYI any phone that's running even on 3G with heavy use will get hot and drain the battery, this happens a lot on my 9900 and my GS3. I've also read about network efficiency impacting your battery life, depending on where you are at that time, if the network is not efficient at that location. You might also want to check and see if this happens at a particular location or across board. Lots of useful info in the forums.
    03-30-13 05:44 AM
    Hello all, anybody cares to share their opinion on this. Everytime I browse the net, the phone gets hot and battery drains fast. Battery guru shows 2.0w of power. Can anybody confirm this? The next one that drains battery for my device is BBM. My os version is 10.0 10.90. Battery id is 227. Screen at 30%. Emails at 24 hour sync interval. Screen locks in 10 seconds. On 3g network. Thanks
    Return your phone and have it exchanged. The only time device should get hot like that is if you are using 4G LTE.
    03-30-13 05:47 AM
    So frustated with battery life. I did not install any app, only battery guru. Battery guru shows a steep drop of battery life everytime I browse. Flash and desktop mode are off. Love everything about the phone but the battery. Browsing is very fast.
    03-30-13 05:50 AM
    Browser is best I have ever seen, been using it for 2 hours thus morning battery guru not showing hot and battery life hardly moved. You don't have travel installed by any chance
    Known issue here with auto email checking switched on?

Posted via CB10
    Hi thanks for the reply. I dont have travel and what do you mean by auto email checking switched on? Did you mean email push notification? Yes they are on. Does it affect browsing though?
    03-30-13 05:53 AM
    Here is the screenshot. Look at 18h to 19h, my batt level dropped around 20% in one hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 gets kinda hot sometimes-img_00000150.jpg  
    scook94 and RubberChicken76 like this.
    03-30-13 06:00 AM
    Here is the screenshot. Look at 18h to 19h, my batt level dropped around 20% in one hour.
    That's normal. I think you may be a little too used to the gigantic Note battery. 1/5th battery in 1 hour equates to 5 hours of browsing. My previous phone (Nexus 4) could only manage 3.5 hours of browsing at the most, and often significantly less than that (the average was probably closer to 2.5 hours).
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-30-13 06:38 AM
    I find its pretty good when browsing as far as battery goes. The stuff that kills it and gets it warm for me is graphic intense games. Games like where's Perry, jet pack JR.....etc

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-30-13 06:43 AM
    Travel has settings for email scanning, this was draining battery, acknowledged by BlackBerry and released update of travel which is supposed to fix it. It proves though that your battery performance can be heavily dependant on apps you have installed and settings you have made. In my opinion this is no different from any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:52 AM
    OP, can you give an example of the sites you're browsing that drain the battery?

Also, are you on wifi or cellular coverage when it happens? If cellular, is it 3G or 4G?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:03 AM
    I also have a Note 2 and trying to compare the battery life of it to anything else is going to lead to disappointment in the other phone. It has a 3100mah battery and a very efficient Exnyos processor.

As far as getting hot though, you may have a defective battery. I've never seen higher than 36c on Battery Guru.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-30-13 07:19 AM
    Hi Sylvaing, thanks for replying. I mostly browse crackberry.com doing research on battery life. I bought z10 with intention to have all-in-one phone. I watch a lot of movies on flash enabled websites. However, based on my experience with z10 so far, it cant even handle regular website as this. I dont even dare watching any video on z10..... So to answer your question, i notice browsing any website will drain my battery quite fast. Also, i am on wifi most of the day so in theory my battery should last right? When i am out, i set network on 3g. Again, i have no app installed except for batteryguru. Thanks

OP, can you give an example of the sites you're browsing that drain the battery?

Also, are you on wifi or cellular coverage when it happens? If cellular, is it 3G or 4G?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:21 AM
    Thank you to those with helpful replies. Battery guru shows 40 celcius. I have samsung note 2 and use it excessively for browsing and playing games. The phone does not turn hot and battery doesnt drain as fast as the z10. I only use z10 to browse when my samsung is off. And I only use it mostly to browse here @crackberry.com. I dont use z10 to browse much since it drains my battery really fast.

I am only asking to determine if I have a defective battery because my battery doesnt last a day.

Thanks again
    The note2 is a large phone with a very large battery. Normally it would outlast the z10.

As for the heat thing. Theres a crackberry app if u want. And my batt doesn't last 24 hours either. 12 hours moderate use, 6 heavy, around 16 light use.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:22 AM
    Hi thanks for replying. I don't have any apps installed except battery guru. I don't have blackberry travel.

Travel has settings for email scanning, this was draining battery, acknowledged by BlackBerry and released update of travel which is supposed to fix it. It proves though that your battery performance can be heavily dependant on apps you have installed and settings you have made. In my opinion this is no different from any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by allinz10; 03-30-13 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
    03-30-13 07:31 AM
75 123