I'm due for an upgrade next week. A colleague at work has a Z10 and it's a really good-looking phone with cool features. BUT, with it's price tag, i just don't feel it's in the same league as the S4 or One. After playing with both, I can't justify the Z10's price... No, definitely not in the same league.... What would you do??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    07-27-13 05:45 AM
    Z10 = secure, performance, fast, amazing
    S4 One = bloatware, lags, unsecured, no privacy with google...

My 2 cents

Posted via Le White Z10
    07-27-13 05:55 AM
    If you can't justify your purchase then don't get it. I personally love my Z10 and think the others aren't in the same league. Just purchase what you think will keep you happy and will fit your needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:56 AM
    Are you buy the device out right? If not then the Z10 is $99 on contract with certain carriers. The prices have dropped to compete with Android devices.

As far as which one is better.. you really should test them each out and see which suits your needs the best. I'd say get a Z10 but I am biased towards BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:59 AM
    Definitely a personal choice. Depends a lot on how you use your device and what you do with it. All 3 are good. Personally, I prefer my Z10 because of the way I can interact with the OS. I really like what BB did in OS 10. These days I constantly find myself trying to swipe from the bottom when using other devices lol. The OS definitely grows on you.
    07-27-13 06:14 AM
    Both great phones the only thing is we don't have that many apps after that it's your choice

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 06:16 AM
    Definitely the HTC One.

You're right about the Z10 not being in the same league as the other two. Their screens have twice the resolution of the Z10, and their CPUs are roughly twice as fast/powerful. Battery life and security is roughly comparable pretty much equal.

The camera is almost as good as the camera on the SGS4, way better than on the Z10. The build quality and design of the HTC One is almost on par with Apple, and blows both the SGS4 and Z10 out of the water.

It's also more comfortable and handy than the Samsung. And has two big advantages.

1: The SGS4 has a pentile AMOLED display, which is a worse quality display than the non-pentile LCD display on the HTC.

2. The SGS4 only has around 11-12gb free space for apps. (which gets filled up quickly!) Yes, you can put a microSD card in it, but that can only be used for music, etc. no apps. You'll basically be stuck with those 11-12gb space for good.
    07-27-13 07:12 AM
    Definitely the HTC One.

You're right about the Z10 not being in the same league as the other two. Their screens have twice the resolution of the Z10, and their CPUs are roughly twice as fast/powerful. Battery life and security is roughly comparable pretty much equal.

The camera is almost as good as the camera on the SGS4, way better than on the Z10. The build quality and design of the HTC One is almost on par with Apple, and blows both the SGS4 and Z10 out of the water.

It's also more comfortable and handy than the Samsung. And has two big advantages.

1: The SGS4 has a pentile AMOLED display, which is a worse quality display than the non-pentile LCD display on the HTC.

2. The SGS4 only has around 11-12gb free space for apps. (which gets filled up quickly!) Yes, you can put a microSD card in it, but that can only be used for music, etc. no apps. You'll basically be stuck with those 11-12gb space for good.
    In all fairness, they have higher resolution but considerably bigger screens. Given that you are going to hold any smartphone at the same distance from your face, I would say ppi is more important with the Z10 being fairly high in that stat.
    BlackberryPig and m1kr0 like this.
    07-27-13 07:20 AM
    Join us on the darkside!

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    07-27-13 08:02 AM
    You want to go with android? That os is even on my cheap techno phone. Go for something different and classy. Besides viruses don't affect blackberry's
    07-27-13 08:10 AM
    I love my Z10 and I have to say that the feeling grows over time.
    If at all possible, try it out for awhile - are you able to return within 14 days? That should be enough time to decide if it's for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:17 AM
    I noticed that google devices lag like hell! I've got an s3 downloaded 8 games and 1gb of purchased songs and guess what I sometimes get stuck while swiping to pages and while opening apps... Android is just not optimized at all, for the iPhone I've never noticed any lag unless I tried jail breaking it.... But for BB10 to be honest I never noticed any bug with it, the only thing I find annoying on BB10 is the lack of apps but there's a feature that covers the lack up, you can always sideload android apps on it! They run fine like its an android device!
    It's your decision but If you're gonna drop the z10 then I believe Samsung is better than HTC in terms of updates! HTC never upgrades their software, they never work in fixing bugs and errors an it's annoying, while on Samsung I still get s3 software upgrades..,

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-27-13 08:38 AM
    I noticed that google devices lag like hell! I've got an s3 downloaded 8 games and 1gb of purchased songs and guess what I sometimes get stuck while swiping to pages and while opening apps... Android is just not optimized at all, for the iPhone I've never noticed any lag unless I tried jail breaking it.... But for BB10 to be honest I never noticed any bug with it, the only thing I find annoying on BB10 is the lack of apps but there's a feature that covers the lack up, you can always sideload android apps on it! They run fine like its an android device!
    It's your decision but If you're gonna drop the z10 then I believe Samsung is better than HTC in terms of updates! HTC never upgrades their software, they never work in fixing bugs and errors an it's annoying, while on Samsung I still get s3 software upgrades..,

I had the Optimus G Pro, and I never had any real lag. The phone ran like a champ. Point being, Android can run smooth.

Also, I had an iPhone 4 and it had plenty of lag. This idea the all android lags and all iphones are smooth as butter is false.
    07-27-13 08:42 AM
    I had the Optimus G Pro, and I never had any real lag. The phone ran like a champ. Point being, Android can run smooth.

Also, I had an iPhone 4 and it had plenty of lag. This idea the all android lags and all iphones are smooth as butter is false.
    Sorry I'm talking about the iPhone 5, android is modified on the Optimus G from LG, that's why, I'm not lying or something about the s3 but I seriously faced huge amount of lag on it! I've had the s3, galaxy grand, note, tab, HTC sensation and the s2...
    They all were lagging by time... The s3 was the least annoying...

07-27-13 08:47 AM
    The Z10 is nice, But I just switched to S4 which is nice also. After i installed the latest leaks, Im still having heat, and battery drain issues. My battery yesterday went to 50% in 2 hrs and nothing running in the background. The phone felt like it was going to fry. That was my third Z10 in six months. Waiting till Blackberry gets it a little better. I'm not saying I didn't love the phone, swiping, hub, multitasking all great features. But issues with battery and heat are a concern for me especially on a third one. You have a choice to make, good luck!!
    07-27-13 08:50 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade next week. A colleague at work has a Z10 and it's a really good-looking phone with cool features. BUT, with it's price tag, i just don't feel it's in the same league as the S4 or One. After playing with both, I can't justify the Z10's price... No, definitely not in the same league.... What would you do??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    HTC One is the best phone right now
    07-27-13 09:40 AM
    Go with the Z10.

And if it'll happen not to like it at first, have a bit of patience - you'll love it a little later.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-27-13 09:49 AM
    This one is on personal needs. Ignore all the people calling Android names and saying it lags... there is a reason why Android is number one; it is a good OS that is very user friendly. Don't listen to the noise. There was a time it was unstable and lagged. Those days are long gone. Right now, it is fantastic.

That said, if you want a phone that is second to none in call clarity then you should go with the Z10. The Z10 is first and foremost an excellent phone. The call clarity is incredible, and it works great over bluetooth. Also, it is an OS that was built along the hardware it is running on. You can feel the synergy everytime you turn on your Z10. It just feels reliable and powerful.

However, if you are app reliant. As in, if you have banks, schools or even utility companies that you rely on their apps for day to day transaction then avoid the Z10. Apps are very sparse in BB10 Appworld. Android has premium app experience.

Goodluck!
    07-27-13 09:56 AM

The HTC one is considered a nexus class device so it gets updates as soon as google's own devices get updates. My carrier has the z for $200 on tab gs4 for $300 but no HTC which is what I'm looking to get. I'm going down to miami in a week so maybe I can pick an international version or t-mobile version. I've never experienced my brother's s3 slow down and he's had it for about a year now. Maybe that's an isolated issue with a few devices?
    07-27-13 09:57 AM
    So here's the answer: just get what you want. I looked at HTC (and the Nokia Windows phones) along side the Z10. I liked them all; (I will never get an iPhone, but that's politics). I liked the Z10's feel better, it's physical form, simplicity of use (the Hub); I find Android phones tedious (I don't care if the screen has a higher resolution on paper); and I really liked the Nokia... but the Z10 was what I really wanted to get. If you are going to be held hostage by others' opinions, then just have someone else go out and choose a phone for you.
    grover5 and UnlimitedEra like this.
    07-27-13 10:00 AM
    The HTC one is considered a nexus class device so it gets updates as soon as google's own devices get updates. My carrier has the z for $200 on tab gs4 for $300 but no HTC which is what I'm looking to get. I'm going down to miami in a week so maybe I can pick an international version or t-mobile version. I've never experienced my brother's s3 slow down and he's had it for about a year now. Maybe that's an isolated issue with a few devices?
    HTC One with Sense and other HTC software is NOT considered a Nexus device. It will get updates as HTC sends them out. The HTC One with stock Android will get updates faster (same situation with GS4).
    07-27-13 10:07 AM
    I have the S3 and the S4 in addition to the Z10, the S4 is great, really fast with a beautiful screen.
    07-27-13 10:11 AM
    Definitely the HTC One.

They have better specs but both have lag issues compared to the Z10, they have slower browsers and androids pathetic excuse for multi-tasking is not anywhere as good as BB10. The cameras are comparable and the resolution difference is not noticeable since anything over 720 resolution 200ppi is not detectable with the human eye.

Basically take all three phone for test and see which one you prefer. Its a personal preference thing only you can truly decide what phone is best for you.
    07-27-13 10:15 AM
    Android is know to bog down. They need to rewrite some of the core code but google keeps putting it off.
    07-27-13 10:17 AM
    Definitely the HTC One.

Samsung recent update enables user to move apps (not all) to the SD card. As for S4 pentile display - worst quality display than. . . - are you kidding me?
    07-27-13 10:18 AM
60 123