Since I installed the leaked 10.1.0.1483 on my STL100-3 my phone has been freezing occasionally when locked. The screen is black and I attempt to either unlock my phone with the power button or by sliding up, only to find nothing happens.

I then have to either do a battery pull or hold the power button to restart or turn off device.

This is my first issue with my Z10 and I have performed 2 security wipes.

Anybody else having this issue?
    04-29-13 11:24 AM
    I'm not on 10.1 (I just haven't gotten around to doing it) but if you're having issues, you should bump back down to the official os as 10.1 for the z10 shouldn't be too far off!

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-29-13 11:27 AM
    Since I installed the leaked 10.1.0.1483 on my STL100-3 my phone has been freezing occasionally when locked. The screen is black and I attempt to either unlock my phone with the power button or by sliding up, only to find nothing happens.

I then have to either do a battery pull or hold the power button to restart or turn off device.

Had it happen once randomly rebooted device and all was well

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 11:32 AM
    I have not had one freeze on any of the leaks. .1483 is working beautifully on my device, better than the official VZW release.

I suggest either reloading the leak, or downgrading if this is happening to you. The only time my screen goes black on the leak is sometimes when I go into the settings. And that is 1 out of every 5 times I go in. All I have to do is tap the screen and it instantly appears. This is a common bug on the leaks though.

Like I said, do a wipe and reinstall the leak to give it another try. If all else fails you can always downgrade to the official version.
    04-29-13 11:32 AM
    I guess I'll just have to downgrade because I've wiped and installed twice. Thanks guys.
    04-29-13 11:39 AM
    It just happened again a minute ago and I was able to free up my device by holding the voice control button. Which then opened the voice control app.

Could this be a glitch with just the unlocking code?
    04-29-13 12:39 PM
    Yeah you're using a leaked beta OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:05 PM

The 10.1 is a leak and not official so you may encounter problems, of so revert back to your original os, I had this happen to me once, and a tech engineer I was around at the time explained that what happen is something failed and the micro kernel/QNX basically couldnt restart it and shut it down. The problem with this is the only way to restart it is to restart the phone.

I can't confirm if that is 100% true because I don't know a lot on the matter, other then that happening once I've never run into the problem in my last week on 10.1
    04-29-13 01:56 PM
    It just happened again a minute ago and I was able to free up my device by holding the voice control button. Which then opened the voice control app.

Could this be a glitch with just the unlocking code?
    It may be a glitch or that bb10/QNX was successfully able to restart a failing precess due to something you did.

Weather its a glitch or not I'm sure bb will address it before its officially released.
    04-29-13 01:59 PM
    I am able to receive a phone call while it is "frozen" but when I'm done the call it just goes back to being "frozen".

Weird eh. I wish it would stop because I really like this leak. It has happened around 5 times today so far.
    04-29-13 02:13 PM
    I am able to receive a phone call while it is "frozen" but when I'm done the call it just goes back to being "frozen".

Weird eh. I wish it would stop because I really like this leak. It has happened around 5 times today so far.
    that's what differs qnx from any other OS. its microkernel architecture allows the OS to work on various processes and if there is any unwanted or failing processes it won't affect the whole ecosystem as the kernel has the capability to shut it off and keeps the other processes going.
    04-29-13 04:28 PM
    I guess I'll just have to downgrade because I've wiped and installed twice. Thanks guys.
    Ah I'm sorry to hear that. This leak seems to be working beautifully or horribly for some users.
    04-29-13 04:32 PM
    Hmmm, this is still occurring even after the 1627 version. I guess I just have to hope the carrier release fixes this for me.
    05-02-13 08:38 AM
    Is still not letting me edit my posts. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Still debugging this.
    05-02-13 08:44 AM