I'm really angry at my Z10. Everything has been nothing short of amazing we have such a bond my wife is now threatning to leave us. Lastnight was watching tv commercial break look down at Z10 random reboot stuck at 95% 2hrs pass 97% this isn't right took battery out hour later put back in NOTHING strange I said go for power nothing! Maybe dead battery charged all night morning comes NOTHING !!!! then corner of my eye I see red led blink. After nothing happened pressed power again and red led blinks twice. Hmm something similar happened to my playbook I recall I just had to reload os and back in business. Grabbed sync cable to laptop and lappy wouldnt pick it up nothing at all I get really nervous at this point.

Head to Telus store at yorkdale mall explain what happened rep guy my age mid 20s (just looking at him I knew he was new or didn't know much at all) so he says o yeah this happenes to so and so customer same problem os just needs to reload let me ask our blackberry guy here pull guy aside comes foward yah os just needs to reload I can help you out walk around the mall I'm open at 2pm (its 11:30am) I heckled and said I think there's more to it can I just get a new one or send it in? Telus bb guy says you could go home and do it yourself if your not far don't use link doesnt work go to bb site and dobweb update should recognize it reload and your set. Hesitant as **** and doubtfull I fell for it not to spend a day more away from my white z10. Go home try NOTHING.

now angry more than before because just knowing I knew more than these idiots i fell for it. Back at yorkdale same guy that first helped me look at him said it didn't work told you there was more to it. Gets good here, "it should have worked" trying to stay out of jail I huffed and said just send it in I tried didn't happen I know what I'm doing I'm very familiar with bb devices send it in. "Okay alright"

Sign paper work tells me to keep battery and bat door I'm like why? What it battery is faulty? "It rarely is". I now had changed into all shades of red and I'm not light skinned. Gives me a loaner phone. Hands me some droid phone me being 10 steps ahead ask him so you think this is going to work with my "Micro SIM" from my Z10. Give me a blank stare. Grabs phone sorry ill be back. At this point I'm so mad I'm now laughing and customers are looking at me like I'm drugged. Rep comes back with a HTC ONE s I ask yyou really didn't have an older blackberry atleast? "Oh I didn't think you'd want a blackberry again" I burst into laughter he's nervously laughing then says ill go check...comes back sorry no bb. At this point I want a phone and get out fast. Btw loaner phone cost $150.00 security deposit fully refundable. So looks at HTC ONE S (2yrs + on market) says I think you'll like this phone better anyway! I said I'm sure i know more about this year old phone than you do, and you say its better than this just over month old tech? FINALLY aware that I'm insulted infuriated and had called all his lies and inexperience and lack of device/platform knowledge has not an appology but a sleek to offer. He gives me receipt and my face full of contempt says to me I'd transfer your contacts but phone wont boot. I say no problem I copied my phonebook to sim old habit I never left. He says with amazement "you can do that on the z10?" My final piece I said to him you have absaloutely no idea what you are saying or doing. You need to brush up on these products you are selling and some more customer experience training will go a long way with you.

Take my garbage loaner of the desk and walk off. Each stride accompanied by a thunderous applause from equally frustrated customers at Yorkdale Mall Telus Store.
    03-12-13 04:35 PM
    Thats what happens when your typing with a droid phone. Not complaining more like venting sharing my story if anyone has had or might have a similar problem.
    03-12-13 04:44 PM
    Simm card might have been faulty.
    03-12-13 04:45 PM
    I'm really angry at my Z10. Everything has been nothing short of amazing we have such a bond my wife is now threatning to leave us.
    I'm sorry about what you had to go through, but I had to laugh so hard when I read this line. If spoken with a low snarl it could sound like Gollum from Lord of the Rings which "us" being he and his "precious" (the ring)! I hope everything turns out okay; I don't know why they didn't just give you a new one.
    03-12-13 04:49 PM
    Simm card might have been faulty.
    Not convinced on sim card tried all troubleshoots with sim in and out
    03-12-13 04:49 PM
    I'm sorry about what you had to go through, but I had to laugh so hard when I read this line. If spoken with a low snarl it could sound like Gollum from Lord of the Rings which "us" being he and his "precious" (the ring)! I hope everything turns out okay; I don't know why they didn't just give you a new one.
    Now it really is just us. My Wife and I hahahaaaalove gollum
    03-12-13 04:52 PM
    Hmmm.

Perhaps it was the tv show you were watching? Or your wife was jilted and and cut the usb cord thus causing its death?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    Dave Bourque and xposeurphoto like this.
    03-12-13 05:08 PM
    Pull out the battery, plug into computer.
    Then, go download on OS loader
    Light will blink green. Whole device will be formatted.
    Good as new
    ncpete and axleberry like this.
    03-12-13 05:13 PM
    TL;DR
    Z10 GOOD TELUS BAD HTC One BAD Punctuation OPTIONAL

Seriously though, sorry your phone is having issues. I've been waiting so long now for a solid T-Mobile date and to have one in my hand that if it broke I would also likely turn into some kind of Hulk raging Gollum.
    03-12-13 05:14 PM
    Your problem isn't widespread so how could this help anyone...Get Telus on the phone and get them to replace it (if it's truly hardware related issue). If they say no well you threaten to leave Telus. As simple as that, and this is clearly a customer service issue with them.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:15 PM
    Pull out the battery, plug into computer.
    Then, go download on OS loader
    Light will blink green. Whole device will be formatted.
    Good as new
    Dammit. To late its in the hands of Telus now. Will keep that in mind though!
    03-12-13 05:16 PM
    i read the whole thing, kinda understood it. how long have you had the phone for? if less than 2 weeks, you could have refunded and got new one, but i am assuming its more than 2 weeks. wish i was there :P i am just north on steeles and dufferin
    I was totally lost between his words and it showed a lot of anger so I didn't read on to find out what really happened sorry x.x

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 03-12-13 at 10:21 PM.
    kfh227 and ast_ph like this.
    Your problem isn't widespread so how could this help anyone...Get Telus on the phone and get them to replace it (if it's truly hardware related issue). If they say know well you threaten to leave Telus. As simple as that, and this is clearly a customer service issue with them.

Posted via CB10
    Guys sorry for my rampage. I know my problem isnt widespread what problem is wide spread immediately? Starts with one then a few and so on. I hope it doesnt get widespread but if there are a few occurences like you said hardware related then atleast theyll see it has happened and they can take it back to where they got it to service or replace
    03-12-13 05:20 PM
    Wow...ppl r really cold on this site...tha man wuz jus venting...lol...as a former Telus customer i wuld call head office and wreak havoc...they're really good about giving credits to unhappy customers...then tell ur wife u luv her...jus sayin..lol

Posted via CB10
    CMZ_DL, Thachoc1, eephus1 and 2 others like this.
    03-12-13 05:20 PM
    i read the whole thing, kinda understood it. how long have you had the phone for? if less than 2 weeks, you could have refunded and got new one, but i am assuming its more than 2 weeks. wish i was there :P i am just north on steeles and dufferin
    Feb 18th it arrived at my door
    03-12-13 05:21 PM
    Guys sorry for my rampage. I know my problem isnt widespread what problem is wide spread immediately? Starts with one then a few and so on. I hope it doesnt get widespread but if there are a few occurences like you said hardware related then atleast theyll see it has happened and they can take it back to where they got it to service or replace
    This is common with all technology, defecs are always possible but it's up to your service providers to provide "Service" which I can understand completely can sometimes be a pain in the ***.

Posted via CB10
    CMZ_DL likes this.
    03-12-13 05:22 PM
    It was a bit tricky to read. I'm just curious as to what caused the issue in the first place.
    03-12-13 05:26 PM
    Not having a Z10 yet, (holding out for the Q10) all I can offer is its standard practice to keep the battery and door when sending your BB for repair.
    Whenever I've had to do so its always requested by the store/ carrier and repair center to keep battery and door. The RMA that you're given or mailed from the repair center when send the phone in even states this.
    I learned that the hard way, when I called to inquire about my missing battery and door for a 8520 I had a while back all they said was sorry there was no way they were responsible.
    03-12-13 05:30 PM
    Thought the mind blowing episode happened yesterday....
    I was ranting. Long story short random reboot no power screen wouldnt turn on on two led blinks no idea why or what happend. Any idea or solutions?
    03-12-13 05:32 PM
    To the OP: thanks for sharing. To the grammar police: Chill!

I laughed my socks off and marvel at the OP's cool under great pressure and provocation. Dr. Phil would be proud. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:40 PM
    Smdh at everyone posting about this guys punctuation and grammar. C'mon people, we have millions of users on this site. People from all walks of life, focus on his rant and problem at hand. I highly doubt he's looking for a grade on this assignment, and I doubt any of you are English teachers. I think I saw 1 initial offer of assistance, geez wiz!!! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    03-12-13 05:44 PM
    I'm surprised by all the negative and mocking responses. It was clearly a rant and the OP was pretty upset. It's understandable. I think the group could have cut him some slack. That said, secondly I'm surprised at how well the OP took the responses. Finally, I'm surprised that I have actually been able to understand every post in this thread thus far...

P.S. Sorry that that happened, OP. On the plus side, now more of us know about the OS reinstall procedure.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:46 PM

I laughed my socks off and marvel at the OP's cool under great pressure and provocation. Dr. Phil would be proud. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Batman is my Idol. LOL!
    Self righteous people just not worth it. I was just ranting expressing myself no one has to like it or agree i clarified my intention on post # 27.
    dikkr and maddie1128 like this.
    03-12-13 05:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I picked up on his cool too. Kudos OP!
    03-12-13 05:51 PM
89 123 ...