I've had my Z10 since the very beginning, and have to say that I'm quite pleased. This has been my 6th BlackBerry if you include my PlayBook as well.

Overall, the experience is far superior to BBOS phones. No more spiny wheel or running out of app room.

I love my device. The browser is awesome, the apps keep getting better and better. The hub is great. My wife, and iPhone convert, never actually leaves her hub as far as I can tell...

I'm looking for a little more consistency on a few things.
    1) I need my gmail calendaring issues fixed. I've posted a few times about this, and I know there are others who still have a device that doesn't properly work with CalDav. I'm surviving with AES for now...
    2) When I get a pop-up calendar notification, and I tap on dismiss, it should dismiss. I don't want to press it 20 times to make it go away.
    3) BlackBerry Link needs to be way more reliable on Windows 8. Windows 7 it works beautifully. Windows 8 is not reliable at all. I know it's new, but it's what I have at home (for better or worse...)

These are my biggest concerns today.

Otherwise, it's a fantastic device. I'm pumped for our 10.1 upgrade.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 08:45 AM
    I too got mine on launch day from the UK. This is actually my 8th BB (not including a 16GB PlayBook that I also have)
    Totally agree with most of your comments with the exception of BB Link on Windows 8. How did you find it unreliable?

I'm running the 10.1 leaked version (10.1.0.1492). It has flaws and I think it is a hybrid and not made by BBRY.
    Waiting anxiously to get the official release.
    04-23-13 09:00 AM
    I have a problem with calendar notifications also. Although, not the same as yours I think.

My lady and I share a calendar which allows us to easily know each others schedules. The problem is, if some appointment of hers pops up, I don't want to dismiss it because I'm not sure she has seen it. But, the notification locks the user interface which means I have to snooze the notification and have it come back in 5 minutes. Since I added a notification sound to the calendar, that means I'm going to get a bleep every 5 minutes until she dismisses it.

I would like an option to push the notification to an active frame until it is dismissed. That way I can just leave it in the background and do other stuff with the phone. If they want to be even more sophisticated, they could use something like what Windows (desktop) has for notification where it pops up and fades away. It could pop up and fade every 5 minutes. That would be fine with me.
    04-23-13 09:12 AM
    I too got mine on launch day from the UK. This is actually my 8th BB (not including a 16GB PlayBook that I also have)
    Totally agree with most of your comments with the exception of BB Link on Windows 8. How did you find it unreliable?

I'm running the 10.1 leaked version (10.1.0.1492). It has flaws and I think it is a hybrid and not made by BBRY.
    Waiting anxiously to get the official release.
    I'm having problems with it displaying at the top how much data is being used. Also, backing up is unreliable, and I have troubles manually syncing items.

As it turns out, I decided that I would stop using CalDav for a while and try again after a while. I used AES for about a week, and then tried CalDav. Nothing appeared for a few days until it just magically started working.

Perhaps that's a work around for those still having trouble. Remove it from CalDav for a while and then try again in a few days. As for the notification, hopefully I'll see a fix about that.
    04-26-13 01:32 PM