2 things I used my 9900 for day in and day out:

• reading RSS feeds (Blackberry News)
    • listening to podcasts (Podcasts app)

I can't find a native solution for either of these, is there one? There was another thread regarding podcasts and someone mentioned Nobex ... I'm fine with switching but I can't find a way to directly add my own feed into Nobex (I have to suggest it to them to add to their lists).

For RSS I can't find anything. I'd rather like a native (Blackberry) app and one that my (30 or so) Blackberry News URLs would transfer over to using Blackberry Link.

I still really like the phone but a few things are a bit aggravating ...

Thanks,
    Fraser
    02-08-13 11:51 AM
    I have been searching for the same thing, let hope for one soon
    02-08-13 12:02 PM
    Native... nothing great for either yet. As for android ports:
    Podcasts - BlackBerry World - Podcasts - only .99, but worth it.

Rss - nothing great yet. Someone did ripoff the Greader port, which is free; also NewsRob.

Webreader supposedly has an update for BB10 compatibility coming soon too.
    02-08-13 12:49 PM
    Now having the BlackBerry News Feeds app for my all new BlackBerry Z10 was heartbreaking. I absolutely love the device and BlackBerry 10 is even better than I imagined but I remember reading somewhere that the native apps that we have enjoyed on BBOS would be developed for BB10. Most of them did in fact get developed and are on BB10 but not the one app that I use more than any other app. They put Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk in BlackBerry World so where the heck is the News Feeds app? It was even developed for the Playbook so I don't know why it can't be made to work on the Z10.

That is all.
    02-08-13 01:48 PM
    There is a podcasts app that works pretty well.
    :-)
    02-08-13 02:12 PM
    There is a podcasts app that works pretty well.
    :-)
    What is it called? Is this a matter of OS level on the Z10. Mine is running 10.0.9.2372 (Bell Mobility), no upgrades seem to be available.

There is an app called podcasts for $0.99, guess I'll splurge on that. Good opportunity for someone right now who has built RSS and podcast apps ... just hate having to pay for a basic feature that always used to be baked in!
    02-08-13 04:47 PM
    For RSS, this is in beta and so far has worked nicely for me:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esting-767030/
    02-09-13 06:16 AM
    For RSS, try Taptu. It's an Android port and a little laggy (or it used to be, haven't used it recently). However, it has a ton of options and has functionality and looks that go beyond BlackBerry News. Well reviewed on Android.
    02-09-13 07:04 AM
    What is it called? Is this a matter of OS level on the Z10. Mine is running 10.0.9.2372 (Bell Mobility), no upgrades seem to be available.

There is an app called podcasts for $0.99, guess I'll splurge on that. Good opportunity for someone right now who has built RSS and podcast apps ... just hate having to pay for a basic feature that always used to be baked in!
    I bought the Podcast app and it is ok. You can't modify when it downloads (ie wifi or data). Other than that it works fine.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:27 AM
    Since there is a BlackBerry News on Playbook, I wouldn't be surprised if it was converted shortly by BlackBerry.
    02-09-13 07:53 AM
    Since there is a BlackBerry News on Playbook, I wouldn't be surprised if it was converted shortly by BlackBerry.
    For sure it will come, but guessing it might be a full rewrite to enhance performance (at least I hope)
    02-09-13 08:18 AM

Nobex Radio now supports Podcasts
    02-10-13 12:54 PM
    Greader pro free works great

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 12:56 PM
    With Google Reader going bye bye soon, BlackBerry better be getting their Native RSS reader, BlackBerry News, ready for prime time. I get my phone in 13 days and I would really like to have access to RSS. Seems like a rather large over sight. Maybe not that many people use RSS any more, but I sure think it is great.
    03-15-13 09:27 AM
    has there been an upgrade available to get the RSS feeds?

every hour that goes by, I miss my 9900... and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...

if anyone at blackberry is listening... the 9900 should have been the BASELINE for available apps... please fix asap!
    04-17-13 05:00 PM
    I'm waiting for the BlackBerry News too.

• reading RSS feeds (Blackberry News)

Fraser
    04-17-13 05:05 PM
    Same here ...... I've tried several others and none match up.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-17-13 05:18 PM
    Last I heard it was EOL. Going to have to bother them if you want it revived, waiting won't do any good.
    04-17-13 07:36 PM
    Hi Guys,

Check this out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...h-more-827627/

I created it inspired by legacy BB RRS Reader
    07-11-13 03:37 PM