I think this phone with qnx is somehow unfinished. I feel like I have some beta phone in my hand.

After un installing same apps the phone rebooted itself, and after reboot it ask me for the pin of my sim card, but screen was frozen. I had to make battery pull.

After that it worked fine. But I have notification on screen like 6 unreaded messages, but I don't have unread messages.

Actually I have always problem with this ghost notification. It drives me crazy.

Also can someone explain me how to check app updates. I've read today on c rack berry that new twitter and Facebook updates are there. But how to check this.

I have to click each app on my app world, to check update, and then i receive immediately notification about upgrade.

Something else simply doesn't work for me.

Is it not possible that blackberry world automatically send notifications about updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:09 PM
    Not sure how to address some of your issues since I haven't experienced them. To check for updates in BlackBerry World, open the app then toggle until you see My World, from there, click on My Apps and Games, now tap on the three dots in the lower right side of the screen. You should now see a prompt to check for updates. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:17 PM
    Sounds a little strange. I haven't had any of these issues. You can check for updates of all apps at once by going to my apps and games and clicking on the three dots on the bottom left of the screen to bring up the menu.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:20 PM
    I think this phone with qnx is somehow unfinished. I feel like I have some beta phone in my hand.

After un installing same apps the phone rebooted itself, and after reboot it ask me for the pin of my sim card, but screen was frozen. I had to make battery pull.

After that it worked fine. But I have notification on screen like 6 unreaded messages, but I don't have unread messages.

Actually I have always problem with this ghost notification. It drives me crazy.

Also can someone explain me how to check app updates. I've read today on c rack berry that new twitter and Facebook updates are there. But how to check this.

I have to click each app on my app world, to check update, and then i receive immediately notification about upgrade.

Something else simply doesn't work for me.

Is it not possible that blackberry world automatically send notifications about updates.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the latest software? It shouldn't reset it should install apps without restart. If you don't check settings then check for software updates.

To check for app updates hit my world> my apps >> hit three dots and check for updates and you will get notifications in your hub

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 07:21 PM
    Mine was driving me crazy too -- so I finally just had sex with it. All's well now.
    RECOOL, BlkBryFan_, ESCON and 3 others like this.
    03-28-13 07:22 PM
    Sounds a little strange. I haven't had any of these issues. You can check for updates of all apps at once by going to my apps and games and clicking on the three dots on the bottom left of the screen to bring up the menu.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm...I already said that.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-28-13 07:22 PM
    It does send you app updates automatically, but it only scans once every few days, just like on ios and android. Most users don't want app updates every minute. You can check all app updates manually as other users have suggested.

I don't have the other issues you're facing, so it's a little childish to label the OS unfinished because your particular setup is giving you issues. But hey, there are plenty if childish posters on this forum, so don't feel bad. You fit right in
    03-28-13 07:25 PM
    Ok, i found it how to check the updates. Thanks.

Still i don't know from where are those empty notification are coming.

I think I have the latest system update its. 90

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:28 PM
    It does send you app updates automatically, but it only scans once every few days, just like on ios and android. Most users don't want app updates every minute. You can check all app updates manually as other users have suggested.

I don't have the other issues you're facing, so it's a little childish to label the OS unfinished because your particular setup is giving you issues. But hey, there are plenty if childish posters on this forum, so don't feel bad. You fit right in
    Ok this is if course my mistake. I have thus phone since week.

I called this phone unfinished because of reboots, freezes and ghost notification problem.

Also very strange i received the latest updates for the phone and i have installed all of them.

But if I connect the phone to bblink, bblink want to install these updates again.

Sorry but I never experienced such problems with any of my earlier smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:39 PM
    Updates takes anywhere from 0 to 24+ hrs to actually roll out to the masses. If you saw reports of updates on cb..surely you will receive a notification of the new version in the app world.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:46 PM

I think you are showing us why you have your screen name....

Fyi, I had 3 random reboots today.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:52 PM
    Mine was driving me crazy too -- so I finally just had sex with it. All's well now.
    Hope you used a screen protector because if not you may find yourself paying monthly support for an OS5 device sometime down the road

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 07:56 PM
    Hope you used a screen protector because if not you may find yourself paying monthly support for an OS5 device sometime down the road

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    LOL.... That's some fishing truth, man...
    03-28-13 08:49 PM
    You may want to check the HUB and/or the application. If you check your notification just in the app, the message still shows UNREAD in the hub or vice versa. I was going through this earlier with facebook and CrackBerry app until I figured it out after 5 minutes. I too do have the outdated software from Verizon. But this may help you with your notification problem.
    03-28-13 08:53 PM
    Could be your SD card acting up. Happened to me before, my device reboots randomly. So what I did was format the SD card, but make sure you back up your SD card data first (photos, videos, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:19 PM
    You know what, am gonna reset my device completely and format sd card again

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:58 AM
    Okay, this is to all the middle easterners (I'm originally Arabic, so don't get offended):

I am = I'm, not "am."

"I'm going to reset the device," as opposed to "Am going to reset the device."
    03-29-13 03:23 AM
    >>> Buky
    Don't get surprised by people who say they don't have any problems and everything is fine and anyway the Z10 is the best phone in Universe...
    Those guys are getting sponsored by BB or work for them ;-)
    So you are defiantly not alone with reboots, ghost messages etc. !!!
    It also drives me nuts...
    03-29-13 03:33 AM
    >>> Buky
    Don't get surprised by people who say they don't have any problems and everything is fine and anyway the Z10 is the best phone in Universe...
    Those guys are getting sponsored by BB or work for them ;-)
    So you are defiantly not alone with reboots, ghost messages etc. !!!
    It also drives me nuts...
    Lol ya, this is all a big conspiracy. Get lost. Most of us don't have any reboot issues, and this isn't even about the phone being perfect or otherwise. Random reboots are not normal and should be unacceptable. I know if my Z10 was rebooting randomly, i'd return it for warranty or something. I've had the phone for nearly 2 months and have yet to have a single random reboot. Sorry, but if your meek personality has made you accept the issues in your phone specifically, don't generalize or assume that others should be as accepting. No, random reboots are nowhere near the norm.
    03-29-13 03:43 AM
    Okay, this is to all the middle easterners (I'm originally Arabic, so don't get offended):

I am = I'm, not "am."

"I'm going to reset the device," as opposed to "Am going to reset the device."
    Dude, chill, whatever. English isn't everyone's first language

Posted via CB10
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-29-13 03:48 AM

Hi Buky,

What are the unread notifications for specifically? Email? Twitter? Etc

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:51 AM
    Hi Buky,

What are the unread notifications for specifically? Email? Twitter? Etc

Posted via CB10
    Hi, it shows email notification only on the main screen, but swiping to the hub shows nothing unread.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:22 AM
    Hi, it shows email notification only on the main screen, but swiping to the hub shows nothing unread.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, have you tried "Mark all as read"?

From the hub, tap and hold the date bar at the top of your messages (marked Friday 29th March, 2013 in the image below) . Then select "Mark prior read"

Check image below

Z10 is driving me crazy-img_00000736.png

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:38 AM
    I had one random reboot today. The phone locked up, black screen then restarted. Pretty sure it was an Android app that I was using at the time that may have caused it.

Overall though I've been very happy, I was using my wife's S3 and the lag was driving me crazy.

Regarding the unread emails in the hub, it's weird but after a few days it seems to get better, I found unread emails days old.
    Haven't had any today.

I use Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:40 AM
    Ok, have you tried "Mark all as read"?

From the hub, tap and hold the date bar at the top of your messages. Then select "Mark prior read"

Check image below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000736.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	144945

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I'm gonna try that if happens again. I have just completely wiped my device, the SD Card also.

Let's see.
    03-29-13 04:43 AM
37 12