I plug in one of my Z10 and sometimes (not always), it doesnt start charging. i have to unplug it and plug it back in before it starts charging. it doesnt always happen, happened 3 times in the past 3 days. Has anyone had this issue? i couldnt try it out on my other Z10 because its new in box and for sale
    02-18-13 09:51 AM
    there seems to be a design flaw with the usb socket in Z10 as the cable doesn't always fit right in. most of the time I need to move it left-right to make sure it starts charging
    02-18-13 09:53 AM
    oh so its a problem across all z10s? it doesnt happen often, i charge it 3~5 times a day, so its quite rare that it happens
    02-18-13 10:00 AM
    I have had the same problem. Didn't know about jiggling it left-right, I just plugged it in again. Can't be good for the socket...
    canderson85 likes this.
    02-18-13 10:00 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I found if I just left it plugged in it would begin to charge after a minute or so
    02-18-13 10:02 AM
    well I'd suggest to double check whether the plug fits right in when you notice it is not charging. I have not heard anyone complaining about it as it's just a minor issue I have noticed myself so I just make sure it starts charging before I leave it on my desk. Please do share what you observed in your Z10!
    GeMeBe likes this.
    02-18-13 10:02 AM
    Happens to me sometimes too. The funny thing is, my z10 recognizes that it's plugged in as it says, "device connected to computer."
    02-18-13 10:07 AM
    Blackberry is aware of the issue.

See article KB33636 on the BB support site.
    02-18-13 10:09 AM
    I've had the same issue and I've made sure when plunging it in that it's flushed with the phone. This seems to stop the problem and charges every time.

From my BlackBerry Z10 via C10
    02-18-13 10:38 AM
    Amen!
    I have had this issue but was too ashamed to ask LOL.

I really don't know what BlackBerry can do about this one esp if the problem is with the socket on our BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 10:42 AM
    I have had it happen about 25% of the time, now whenever I plug in I closely watch the icon to see if the charging symbol appears. If not I unplug and plug it in again, by the second or third attempt it is usually working. A very strange bug.
    02-18-13 10:46 AM
    My wife and I both have this problem. Seems as though from the phone end its in, but I have to pull out the is from the plug itself and re insert it. Only then does it work.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 10:53 AM
    Happened for the first time last night as I plugged in for bed. Woke up at 2am and noticed the clock wasn't showing. Looked and it hadn't been charging. Unplugged and plugged in again....no dice....one more time and all was fine. Interestingly I first checked the wall socket end....pulled it out and plugged it in again and made sure the usp end of the power block was inserted correctly. That didn't fix it....required the phone end to be unplugged and plugged in again
    02-18-13 10:53 AM
    Same here. The question is, what will BB do about it?
    02-18-13 11:06 AM
    For me I found it was more an issue with the USB cable provided. This was an issue with both my phone as well as my wife's. Using the old chargers we got with our 9700 or our playbooks there were no issues. Also using the usb cable that came with the playbook and the mini charger that came with the Z10 was also OK.

After a couple of days my wife tried the Z10 charger and cable on her phone and said it worked ok so perhaps it's a fit issue.... it seems very tight and hard to shove in. I'm afraid of breaking the connector in the phone so just continue to use an old charger.
    02-18-13 11:09 AM
    there seems to be a design flaw with the usb socket in Z10 as the cable doesn't always fit right in. most of the time I need to move it left-right to make sure it starts charging
    Do NOT take this advice. There is nothing wrong with the connector and this will damage it and just make it worse over time

It's something to do with the smart circuitry. It should start within a few minutes. If not it's better to unplug from wall or usb port to refresh it.

But don't wiggle it in the socket that's so bad for the connector!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 11:09 AM
    if it DOES NOT come right in properly there is no point waiting - it just WON'T start charging mate.
    02-18-13 11:14 AM
    I agree, moving it left and right will wear out the connector and lead to a defect over time. If the issue persists please check if another cable works better - if it does not and it bothers you please return the device and get a working one.
    02-18-13 11:20 AM
    The bulletin on the BB website seems to indicate plugging the adapter in using one smooth motion is the key.
    (This is a workaround, by the way).
    A poor connection is not triggering the 'smart' circuitry.
    02-18-13 11:31 AM
    I get this as well, but I do notice it's possible for the plug to be in sort of crooked which definitely isn't good, but even at times when it's plugged straight in it doesn't charge, remove and plug back in and it starts charging.
    02-18-13 11:34 AM
    I've been having the exact same issue! It happens every time I plug my Z10 in at night.

Quick fix: once plugged in, restart the phone and it will show that the phone is charging. It's not ideal but until this is fixed it's a pretty easy solution.
    02-18-13 11:46 AM
    I find that it takes a few seconds to actually start charging but never actually doesn't work at all. However I haven't even taken the charger that came with my z10 out of the box, I've been using my 9900 cord so that could be why as others have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:09 PM
    I found I only have this issue with the use cable that came with device. All others work fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:20 PM
    I have been having this problem for the last few nights, I will now monitor it closely and see if any of above mentioned solutions help
    02-22-13 03:29 PM
    Hey, just did a search on this problem and came across this thread. Anyone know if it has been dealt with on the .10 update? As posted above it doesn't seem to be a problem identifying that cord is connected as my battery gauge app clearly shows when I take it in or out, but the consistency with actually engaging the charge is about 1 in 3. I just have to take it out and put it back in, no wiggling. Thanks. Love the phone btw, and I've come from iPhone4 for what it's worth.
    03-01-13 09:12 AM
31 12