Don't ya just love stuff that just works.

My TV and Xbox 360 have a rather nice surround sound system attached to it.

Sat messing about this evening, as there's not a lot interesting on TV and I thought I'd have a go at getting the Z10 to stream its output to the Xbox.

Very simple, and now I have my Z10's music (Evanescence in case you're interested ) booming out all around me.

Sounds great and is an alternative to using my music system (which is in another room anyway).

Z10 ... DLNA ..... Xbox 360-img_00000047.jpg
    vpblaze and offthahorseceo like this.
    03-14-13 02:55 PM
    I stumbled upon this yesterday, really impressed with how easy it is.

Posted via CB10
    slparry and AbsoluteT23 like this.
    03-14-13 02:57 PM
    So how does that work? Or what else works with it. I actually have a BB Stereo gateway hooked to my surround so that takes care of the music end, but what about videos? would be nice to stream a quick youtube video to the xbox now and then.

So, once you have it hooked up, what do you do on the xbox end?
    03-14-13 03:10 PM
    So how does that work? Or what else works with it. I actually have a BB Stereo gateway hooked to my surround so that takes care of the music end, but what about videos? would be nice to stream a quick youtube video to the xbox now and then.

So, once you have it hooked up, what do you do on the xbox end?
    If you go into media streaming in settings on the z10 there's tick boxes to allow music, pictures and video to be shared/streamed. I ticked them all

In devices there's another tick box my Xbox appeared in there so I ticked it to authorise it.

After that when you're in a media player, video or music you can press the three dots and select play on to choose the xbox.

Same for pictures.

Oh I did have to cycle the z10's wifi connection at first.
    03-14-13 03:20 PM
    so after you select play on and choose xbox. Does the Xbox just turn itself on automatically and starts playing the music? If you are playing a game does it pause the game and play music? or does is just start playing the music with the game running?
    03-14-13 03:28 PM
    so after you select play on and choose xbox. Does the Xbox just turn itself on automatically and starts playing the music? If you are playing a game does it pause the game and play music? or does is just start playing the music with the game running?
    As far as I know the xbox has to be online and on the wifi network. I never tried it with a game but I suspect it doesn't work like that it just works as a media streamer
    03-14-13 03:41 PM
    This is awesome. Just streamed to my Sony TV.

Posted via CB10
    slparry and AbsoluteT23 like this.
    03-14-13 04:24 PM
    i think my bluray player is dlna capable....hmmmm
    03-14-13 04:35 PM
    When I try it with my Xbox my screen picks up the stream then stops and says error on the tv

Posted using my Z10!
    03-14-13 06:22 PM
    Hi,

You could try ArkMC as a good streaming video, photos to TV, Xbox 360 also

KR,
    Bryan
    03-15-13 08:48 AM
    When I try it with my Xbox my screen picks up the stream then stops and says error on the tv

Posted using my Z10!

Sounds like there maybe a problem with your network or router perhaps?
    03-15-13 08:52 AM
    I like that, as far as I know, on my PS3, my Z10 will show up under the different media types (photos, music, video) with different folders and then I select what I want to play. I would like to use the Playon feature though through my PS3, but my PS3 doesn't show up in the Playon screen, but my Z10 shows up on my PS3 lol
    03-15-13 08:53 AM
    Sounds like there maybe a problem with your network or router perhaps?
    I'm not sure. It works fine with my blu ray and I can stream directly from my PC. It's clear my Z10 finds the Xbox but once it starts streaming I get an error.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-15-13 09:35 AM
    Rep,

What kind of bluray player do you have?

Mine is a Panasonic and I can't seem to get them to connect.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:21 AM
    The xbox is an amazing device when it comes to multi-tasking, you can always play music in the background, Play a game (online or offline) and private chat or group chat at the same time. been doing this since 2005 launch.
    so its very possibly to stream music through the Z10 and do anything else, it already works like this with PC's with media center or Zune player installed on it. Of course they all have to be on the same wifi connection
    03-15-13 10:39 AM
    I haven't had any issues with other streaming devices. In fact it's worked much better than my sony blu ray player. I just find it odd that I haven't been able to get the Z10 working with the Xbox even though the Z10 sees it and sends the video.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-15-13 10:47 AM
    I hooked this up to my android mk802, it's a neat little android device, downloaded an app called bubbleupun or something like that, then it allows to access media center, if you are doing the "Play On" option you actually don't have to authorize the device but if tou want to browse what's on your phone with the other device then you need to authorize it in the media share options

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:10 PM
    is there a way to use the playon feature to stream youtube or other videos directly from the browser? Any apps?
    Thanks
    03-16-13 01:43 AM
    on a slightly different tack, I hadn't realised until tonight that my Z10 will stream TO my laptop too.

Be handy when travelling to see movies in a larger screen maybe
    03-22-13 03:30 PM
    Anyone able to get videos taken with the phone to play? They won't play on my Sony TV or the X box. Music and pictures work fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:18 PM