i was wondering if anyone knows how to see files on other dlna devices?

e.g. in S4 there is a "nearby device" option where i can see files that i share on my z10.
    is there anyway i can see the files shared on S4 from my Z10?

tried searching the forum but didn't find anything about this.

thanks
    09-14-13 01:27 AM
    I've never had any good results using the BlackBerry Z10 software however, you can sideload some Android DLNA apps and test those out, they seem to work a little bit better especially if you have a renderer and server app like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp
    udonberry likes this.
    09-14-13 02:50 AM
    I go to MEDIA SHARING options to make sure the other device is on my list of devices, then SHARE or PLAY ON depending on what I want to do.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 04:14 AM
    I use this feature a lot with the help of Kalemsoft Media Player for BB10.
    Press the DLNA/UPNP button within the App and your device will show up.
    Now you are able to stream the content you like to your BB10 device.

The other way around works great as well. When playing a movie (located on the device) go to the Play On feature.
    My Samsung TV shows up as available devices and when selected, it will play my BB10 content on the TV.

Thanks Blackberry!
    udonberry likes this.
    09-14-13 04:22 AM
    BB10 doesn't have a DLNA client built-in, just a server and there aren't any DLNA clients on BlackBerry World(other than Kalemsoft Media Player) but you can try to sideload an Android app as Bla1ze said.
    udonberry likes this.
    09-14-13 06:20 AM
    +1 for Kalemsoft, have it on my PB and liked it enough to buy it for the Zed.
    Great for playing VOBs (haven't tried the streaming app yet) .

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.1.0.4181
    09-14-13 11:34 AM
    I've never had any good results using the BlackBerry Z10 software however, you can sideload some Android DLNA apps and test those out, they seem to work a little bit better especially if you have a renderer and server app like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp
    Thanks. Tried side loading the app. Doesn't work though. Running Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:45 PM
    I use this feature a lot with the help of Kalemsoft Media Player for BB10.
    Press the DLNA/UPNP button within the App and your device will show up.
    Now you are able to stream the content you like to your BB10 device.

The other way around works great as well. When playing a movie (located on the device) go to the Play On feature.
    My Samsung TV shows up as available devices and when selected, it will play my BB10 content on the TV.

Thanks Blackberry!
    Thanks. Will check out this app

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:46 PM
    BB10 doesn't have a DLNA client built-in, just a server and there aren't any DLNA clients on BlackBerry World(other than Kalemsoft Media Player) but you can try to sideload an Android app as Bla1ze said.
    Was hoping bb10 has DLNA client built in and there is a setting somewhere that I missed. Tried Bla1ze's suggestion but didn't work on my phone. Was hoping there is a free app since I just wanted to try how it works. Don't think I will use it that often. The play on function on the other hand is quite useful. Luckily it's built in

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:51 PM
    Yes the Kalemsoft Media Player is well worth the money, I have it both on my Z10 and Playbook. It would be nice to have a built in DLNA media client of some sort, but KMP fills the gap for me.

JR
    09-14-13 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD