It's like that with ever new bb10.. crackberry even did a post on it!

Posted via CB10
    yep! we need to make that search button a little bit bigger!
    03-17-13 07:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6794657
    So OP posted above thread that ...
    "I think it's fair to say Devcon was the definitive sign RIM is done. not even sure someone would be interested in buying them.
    the Devcon was suppose to prove to all that they are still relevant in the business, that they had come up with something that can compete with IOS , Android and even WP7.." - axelbobby

..and yet he/she goes and buys a Z10..& then comes here to complain..weird..
    djmm2, Mecca EL, gridspace and 5 others like this.
    03-17-13 07:29 PM
    +100 what he said ^^^
    +1000 what they said. ><

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:30 PM
    That's great news that a developer is going to update his app for the OS10 platform, sounds like a good business person to me.

It's about revenue in the app market and sounds like you have a plan. Good luck and I would like to be one of the first to know when you have it ready.

Posted via CB10
    Ronald if u r talking about me, I am no developer, sorry. It was just a hypothetical example I was giving. :-)
    But it does makes sense for the developers doesn't it

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:43 PM
    I can even use a prepaid card for BIS on Z10.

I must say messaging with Z10 is absolutely amazing, not talking about gaming app or etc.

Btw, BB10 is new, i guess you have to wait for a lil more.
    03-17-13 07:47 PM
    Android slide loaded apps do not work well. Even the ones ported to be10 are mediocre.Too bad there is no way to tell in app world with app is native bb10 or not.
    This is the only comment you've made with which I agree. BlackBerry should never have entertained the idea of running Google Android applications on BlackBerry OS 10. The port-a-thons are flooding BlackBerry World with garbage and delaying the approval of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications. It is better to have 25 000 medium to high quality native applications than 70 000 applications of questionable quality and usability. There is no reason BlackBerry cannot hire a team of application developers to create high quality applications as well as serving as developer mentors for third-party developers. After roughly 10 000 lay-off actions the company has the financial resources to stand-up a mobile application development team. Additionally, BlackBerry should be showcasing the development of HTML5 client-server applications.
    03-17-13 07:50 PM
    You might want to try Hub plus to address email issues.
    But then they will complain that they have to pay for an app to do that.
    Sometimes you can't please people.
    Besides he has said the phone is going back so he is not looking for solutions.
    Just wants to vent/troll.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:01 PM
    U should switch back to iPhone if this phone doesn't suit's your need. At least we will have one less post to read about z10 disappointment

Posted via CB+BB10
    BBM requires a special plan? I don't think so.
    03-17-13 08:02 PM
    I don't know where u people are but I'm with Telus Canada and bbm does not work
    . They asked to switch plans. And it's 5$ more than my current plan.

I knew about the app issue and since I have an ipad mini with me almost all the time, it's not a huge deal . But I was hoping that the ones that are actually available at least would be good and not that mediocre.

I didn't know about hub plus but it doesn't make sense that I need a paid app just to keep the light blinking longer. Should have been available in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    1) You do NOT need a special plan with the Z10 for BBM in Canada or or the US, on Telus, or any other provider. I know this for sure, as I'm on Koodo in Montreal (Telus) and when I activated my Z10, they REMOVED the BIS plan I had in use with my 9900. BBM works on ANY regular smart phone plan, and even before you activate on a provider, the Z10 wants to connect your BB ID, using WiFi. Once that's done, BBM works over WiFi. Take an iPHONE Micro SIM card that has a data plan, toss it into your Z10 and your BBM works! I did that with the SIM from my iPAD just to test. Call Telus and tell them that Koodo, the other Telco that they own, DOES not require a special plan, nor does Fido, Rogers or Bell. That's just a pile of rubbish told to you by someone there who does not know.

2) The LED blinking for 15 mins only - has been that way since BB's were born. It's not new and we would not want the LED to blink for hours on end; it just chews up battery. No change from the prior OS's in that respect. I'm sure you can however, buy a 2$ app for this should you want it.

3) The lack of Apps at (Z10) launch time was widely known then...as it is now. Since the Z10 sales seem to be on fire now, it's reasonable to assume that you will start to see more and more of your favorite apps coming for the Z10.

I am sure if you pickup an iPHONE or an Android device, you will find things there that don't work for you...there is no perfect solution. I do however believe that the Z10 has a better keyboard than it's competitors...and for that reason alone - I'm in!
    03-17-13 08:06 PM
    I have been playing for the past couple days with the z10 and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
    The os actually works fine. Not many bugs but my main problems are :
    1. The apps : not only there are basically none of the apps I'm used to on IOS but the ones available are simply terrible. Some cannot even launch. The Android ports are actually a disservice to the blackberry platform.
    2.bbm requires a special plan. Only blackberry is doing this. Imessage on iPhone or chaton on Samsung phone work with any data plan.

3. I have just realized that after a while the blinking red light notification stops. So there is no way to know if I have a new message without waking the phone. I searched everywhere and I cannot change this. Simply terrible.

Keyboard works fine and the hit the perfect size, at least for my hands. Too bad it's going back.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but you created a CB account to say there are no apps? You could have better contacted the developer of the apps you miss. BTW Z10 is how many months old? If you are not trolling (im sorry again, not trying to be harsh) you would understand this is such a brand new platform. Give it sometime. You should'nt have come to a brand new platform if you have no clue about it. Good luck.
    03-17-13 08:06 PM
    Hmm the iPhone always let's me knows there's a message for the next 15-20 minutes by flashing a led light, err wait no. Oh ya it lights up 2 minutes after again as a "Reminder" and then that's it, provided u can set it up do it 4 times max I believe. Which is still less then 15 minutes, and wasting more battery life cuz the screen turns on every time.

Ya that's totally correct I never used to miss my iPhone messages cuz they never stopped letting me know / sarcasm.

Android is the same way, granted some have a light but the most popular android phone doesn't, and that phone doesn't even remind u more then the one time once it flashes.

Come back with something else to argue about cuz clearly ur a troll

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:09 PM
    Didn't want to say every provider because I remember reading something about issues with bell

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:12 PM
    Android is the same way, granted some have a light but the most popular android phone doesn't, and that phone doesn't even remind u more then the one time once it flashes.
    I don't have the S3 (if that's the one you mean?), but for most Androids, a simple free or inexpensive app can keep it blinking however long you want (and set the color per message type). Many messaging apps have those functions built-in too.
    03-17-13 08:42 PM
    I don't have the S3 (if that's the one you mean?), but for most Androids, a simple free or inexpensive app can keep it blinking however long you want (and set the color per message type). Many messaging apps have those functions built-in too.
    Yes and other non bb10 phones have apps that can do that too... bb10 is a month old and mot even out in the states, I'm sure these types of apps will come

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:51 PM
    I can also say I am having the issue with the BBM function not working on my Z10. I had the T Mobile unlimited data plan and the BBM did not work, I switched to the unlimited blackberry data plan and it still does not work.

I am signed in to my blackberry account and the BBM is available but I have never received any invites that friends and groups have sent to me. I am going to T Mobile tomorrow and try to find someone who knows about BBM that can help me. I am still staying with the z10, it's probably something minor that will make me look like an *****.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue with my Z10 on T-Mobile. The rep on the phone had no clue of how to setup the plan for it. Ultimately, he added my PIN to the account and everything started working. You might have them try that. I'm also on a BB unlimited plan for $20 a month.
    03-17-13 09:02 PM
    you should try Hub to address email issues
    03-17-13 09:11 PM
    Those are actual complaints? Give your head a shake!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:18 PM
    why are people so rude on the Crackberry forums? When you buy upgrade your car from one model to the next, you don't expect it to have LESS features. Plus you expect it to have the features on it that you have been informed it is going to have. Could I be talking about SKYPE here. I only bought this Z10 because I was reliably informed it would have SKYPE, - and where is it? The Facebook App is so bad, I could complain for hours and has not been upgraded once since I have had this phone. Why I didn't return it for an I phone when I said I was going to I cannot understand - I was persuaded to keep it, with the promise that the Apps would be upgraded or, in the case of Skype, were coming. And no, the red light does not keep flashing to say there is a message. I should have kept my Torch.
    BigAl_BB9900, JeepBB and richardat like this.
    03-17-13 09:26 PM
    I don't a Z10... yet. I am considering upgrading from my Galaxy S Vibrant from 2011. Phone still works fine except for the charge port acting up. I'm interested what responses are going to be to your concerns. I own the BB Playbook 64g and I have to say I am less than impressed- It's laggy a often unresponsive. I do like the build quality and size. But doesn't run as smooth as Samsung and Apple tablets i've played with. I'm hoping some of the kinks will be worked out because I'd like to give the z10 a shot.
    I have a 64GB Playbook and like the form factor as well. The Playbook does not run Blackberry 10. It's Playbook OS 2.1, still QNX based, but not BB10. And the Playbook is over a year and a half old, has only 1GB of RAM as opposed to 2GB on Z10, etc. etc. etc. Different OS, different hardware. The Z10 OS has often been described as 'buttery smooth' and I agree. Please, don't use your playbook as a basis of deciding whether or not to try the Z10. Trust me. I LOVE my Playbook and don't find it to be unresponsive but I'll take your word for it that yours is laggy. The Z10 is NOT. Anyway, just FYI. Cheers.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-17-13 09:45 PM
    Either Telus lie to you or you didn't actually own z10, apps is a problem, and the flexibility of blinking longer should be introduce, but z10 fits me very well, better than android phone that I use

Post via BlackBerry z10 Crackberry App
    03-17-13 09:57 PM
    ignore the jerky comments....they think they're funny...zzzzz

OP, sounds like you need your iphone back. If you came around for apps....mistake.
    richardat likes this.
    03-17-13 10:28 PM
    These are seriously getting boring.

Legitimate complaints are not frowned up here(those seeking help or advice), but these ridiculous, generic and useless threads are simply just pointless.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:55 PM
    This is the only comment you've made with which I agree. BlackBerry should never have entertained the idea of running Google Android applications on BlackBerry OS 10. The port-a-thons are flooding BlackBerry World with garbage and delaying the approval of native BlackBerry OS 10 applications. It is better to have 25 000 medium to high quality native applications than 70 000 applications of questionable quality and usability. There is no reason BlackBerry cannot hire a team of application developers to create high quality applications as well as serving as developer mentors for third-party developers. After roughly 10 000 lay-off actions the company has the financial resources to stand-up a mobile application development team. Additionally, BlackBerry should be showcasing the development of HTML5 client-server applications.
    Totally agree, running the Android VM in BB10 is a mistake.
    And yes, they can have their own devices team. After all, BB wrote the (awful) FB app.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:06 PM
    I have been playing for the past couple days with the z10 and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
    The os actually works fine. Not many bugs but my main problems are :
    1. The apps : not only there are basically none of the apps I'm used to on IOS but the ones available are simply terrible. Some cannot even launch. The Android ports are actually a disservice to the blackberry platform.
    2.bbm requires a special plan. Only blackberry is doing this. Imessage on iPhone or chaton on Samsung phone work with any data plan.

3. I have just realized that after a while the blinking red light notification stops. So there is no way to know if I have a new message without waking the phone. I searched everywhere and I cannot change this. Simply terrible.

Keyboard works fine and the hit the perfect size, at least for my hands. Too bad it's going back.

Posted via CB10
    so i guess we have established that you don't actually have a z10.. you complaints are the usual uninformed troll complaints.... move along these aren't the droids we are looking for!!!!!!!!
    Mecca EL and Neely2005 like this.
    03-17-13 11:07 PM
    The red light doesn't blink for 2 hours, more like 10 to 15mins.
    Android slide loaded apps do not work well. Even the ones ported to be10 are mediocre.Too bad there is no way to tell in app world with app is native bb10 or not.
    Everyone has overlooked THIS important sentence SO here you go OP: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-apps-782798/

THAT'S how you find out if it's native or not. Click on that link.
    Mecca EL and Neely2005 like this.
    03-17-13 11:18 PM
208 12345 ...