I have been playing for the past couple days with the z10 and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
    The os actually works fine. Not many bugs but my main problems are :
    1. The apps : not only there are basically none of the apps I'm used to on IOS but the ones available are simply terrible. Some cannot even launch. The Android ports are actually a disservice to the blackberry platform.
    2.bbm requires a special plan. Only blackberry is doing this. Imessage on iPhone or chaton on Samsung phone work with any data plan.

3. I have just realized that after a while the blinking red light notification stops. So there is no way to know if I have a new message without waking the phone. I searched everywhere and I cannot change this. Simply terrible.

Keyboard works fine and the hit the perfect size, at least for my hands. Too bad it's going back.

Posted via CB10

PEople people obviously this poster is joking... I mean.. I used to love when my iphone LED on the front kept blinking.. Man, I also remember when EVERY BLACKBERRY EVER RELEASED DIDNT NEED A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN AND EVERYBODY KNEW THIS.... smh this is a joke.... cause its obviously not serious....

There should be a requirement for any negative post on Blackberry z10, you must attach a picture with your face holding a z10 and a receipt cause its obvious this guy/ gal never owned one..
    ErinnM and j1m0h like this.
    03-17-13 06:21 PM
    The red light doesn't blink for 2 hours, more like 10 to 15mins.
    Android slide loaded apps do not work well. Even the ones ported to be10 are mediocre.Too bad there is no way to tell in app world with app is native bb10 or not.

It's funny how blackberry users are more and more like iPhone fan boys. The z10 is so perfect people cannot complain about what is not working for them.
    It is the reason why blackberry is strugling today. Users saying everything is fine even some things needs fixing.

Posted via CB10
    Really!? Cause i have 4 pics 1 word on my Z10 and it works perfect no problems at all and I'm sure others can say of other side loaded apps that are great

Posted via CB10
    shads77 likes this.
    03-17-13 06:22 PM
    I'll address your points below

1) The Z10 is a great phone it does have a slight higher learning curve because they it doesn't things, gestures and the UI are different. As for apps, yes. if people are coming from another platform they should really REALLY do their research before buying a $600+ device if it's going to have the apps you must have or if it has something similar you can use instead.
    This is a good rule of thumb in general. Usually anything I'm spending over $100 on I'll do some research into it (Depending on the product, less or more looking into it) You'll usually end up way happier with more of your purchases.

As for apps, yes as of now the BB is lacking in apps. Mind you people tend to forget that the platfrom was released on a month ago and we've already gotten more apps in that time. (WhatsApp comes to mind)
    There are also official android ports in bbworld which despite what some say, I've found the official ports to work fine for me so far.
    Then there is sideloading, you load an unofficial (not released by the vendor) .bar files that you can load on your Z10. Some of these are buggy but if you go to the sideloading forum you'll see people report and give opinions on what sideloaded apps work better. I've got Instagram and I find it works great. I also sideloaded Netflix. Not that I'll ever use it, just so I can say I have it running on my Z10 and they can go suck it. Haha.
    A sticky thread in the sideloading forum links to 127 (at last count) .bar files ready to be sideloaded.

2) As of the Z10 release no new BB should require a BIS plan in order for BBM, mail or any other services to work.

3) Not sure about the notification light, could be a setting somewhere I haven't found. I use and app called HUB++ which lets you change the colour of the led for different types of messages and to different email addresses.as well, it has a setting to let the led run forever.
    Maybe look into that?

4) The keyboard is nice. I came from a physical qwerty and transitioned really quick.
    I hope you give your device a few more days have a look at what I said and then decide. If not? Then hey, the phone isn't for you. Not the end of the world.
    03-17-13 06:24 PM
    What special Plan??? I've never heard of such a thing..
    03-17-13 06:26 PM
    The android player only serves to expand the "android market". More devices being able to rub the app, the higher the probability that new apps will appear on android first.

If I'm a developer of a hit app, people are going to download my app anyway and there is 0 incentive for me to build for blackberry. Unless the marginal cost of building for blackberry is justified, which is unlikely if I have a hit app.
    03-17-13 06:29 PM
    I can also say I am having the issue with the BBM function not working on my Z10. I had the T Mobile unlimited data plan and the BBM did not work, I switched to the unlimited blackberry data plan and it still does not work.

I am signed in to my blackberry account and the BBM is available but I have never received any invites that friends and groups have sent to me. I am going to T Mobile tomorrow and try to find someone who knows about BBM that can help me. I am still staying with the z10, it's probably something minor that will make me look like an *****.

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 likes this.
    03-17-13 06:35 PM
    The android player only serves to expand the "android market". More devices being able to rub the app, the higher the probability that new apps will appear on android first.

If I'm a developer of a hit app, people are going to download my app anyway and there is 0 incentive for me to build for blackberry. Unless the marginal cost of building for blackberry is justified, which is unlikely if I have a hit app.
    Actually if I am the developer of a hit android app, I will definitely make it for BlackBerry and rake in the extra profits otherwise the users will just port my app to BlackBerry and start using it and I will not get any returns against that.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, R Field, ErinnM and 5 others like this.
    03-17-13 06:42 PM
    I don't a Z10... yet. I am considering upgrading from my Galaxy S Vibrant from 2011. Phone still works fine except for the charge port acting up. I'm interested what responses are going to be to your concerns. I own the BB Playbook 64g and I have to say I am less than impressed- It's laggy a often unresponsive. I do like the build quality and size. But doesn't run as smooth as Samsung and Apple tablets i've played with. I'm hoping some of the kinks will be worked out because I'd like to give the z10 a shot.
    03-17-13 06:47 PM
    It is possible for people to be unimpressed by the Z10
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    03-17-13 06:48 PM
    BB Z10 is no iPhone, obviously... each has its own good and bad. I own an iPad and while the device simply "works", I hope there will be quite a bit of improvements made on the iOS. Looking forward to updating my iPad onto iOS7 if the rumors were true about finally being able to add widgets and dual-screen capability.
    03-17-13 06:50 PM

Its the chicken and the egg though.
    With the android player a Z10 user has access to more apps. This may sway him to buy a Z10 rather than another phone. Which equals more users which in turn may say developers to port their apps to BB10.

If there was no Android player, you could have less Z10 users and less reason for a developer to develop his app for the Z10

No one will be happy no matter which way Blackberry chose to go so I say, it's good the Android player is there you may get a few more users on board as well as developers.
    03-17-13 06:50 PM
    That's great news that a developer is going to update his app for the OS10 platform, sounds like a good business person to me.

It's about revenue in the app market and sounds like you have a plan. Good luck and I would like to be one of the first to know when you have it ready.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-17-13 06:51 PM
    I agree. I'm not so blind to believe that everything a particular brand does is perfect. I personally believe that the other BBRY phones due to be released later may be more "market ready".
    03-17-13 06:51 PM
    Speak to another agent at Telus and if you feel they aren't certain, speak to another ... word is, you should be able to use BBM without a BB plan. Otherwise, let them know you're returning it and they may offer to credit you the 5/mth.
    03-17-13 06:53 PM
    I don't a Z10... yet. I am considering upgrading from my Galaxy S Vibrant from 2011. Phone still works fine except for the charge port acting up. I'm interested what responses are going to be to your concerns. I own the BB Playbook 64g and I have to say I am less than impressed- It's laggy a often unresponsive. I do like the build quality and size. But doesn't run as smooth as Samsung and Apple tablets i've played with. I'm hoping some of the kinks will be worked out because I'd like to give the z10 a shot.
    While the PB and the Z10 may both be based on QNX and share some code and both are made by Blackberry. I can tell you this The the Playbook is not the Z10 and vice versa.
    bodden96 and shads77 like this.
    03-17-13 06:54 PM
    Folks. I am certain that this individual is NOT the only one experiencing problems or issues. If you have a Z10 why not try to be constructive and assist instead of bashing. Damn.
    03-17-13 06:56 PM
    I say we burn the witch.

via Tapatalk
    3_M4N, brout, p1800nut and 1 others like this.
    03-17-13 06:58 PM
    That may be so yes, but it is also very easy to pick out the importers on this forum. Without a shadow of doubt this guy neither owns a Z10 nor knows someone who does.
    03-17-13 06:58 PM
    Folks. I am certain that this individual is NOT the only one experiencing problems or issues. If you have a Z10 why not try to be constructive and assist instead of bashing. Damn.
    yeah eh? but when they come out 5 posts deep and start bashing the device (on "Problems" which aren't really problems. Most of which is easily found detailing how to (sideload android apps, which works which doesn't etc. Simple search would give results as to what plan is needed, i.e BIS not a requirement for instance.) OP isn't really looking for help...more so joining a BBRY forum to start this sort of reaction by its members...
    brout likes this.
    03-17-13 07:02 PM
    OP has been hating on RIM since 2011 so this is just a continuation. The good thing about Crackberry is that you can look up previous post lol. Ignore theses people please.
    03-17-13 07:06 PM
    I believe there will be many similar threads by people who have switched over from OS and Android. Z10 is going to be very different and I think if they come to Crackberry to post their issues then maybe other OP's should try to help out. That's all I'm saying. Im new to BBRY also having just bought my Playbook in OCT 2012.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    03-17-13 07:13 PM
    I am a former Apple IOS and Android user and I find the z10 a joy to use. As much as I have criticized the lack of apps in the BlackBerry World, I am finding myself re evaluating what I use the device for and the z10 fits the bill perfectly.

I am a patient person and know in time the app market will improve, but for now I am moving back the the Blackberry platform and I here to stay. I am in for the long haul and it looks to be a great ride with the z10 and it's only going to get better.

Posted via CB10
    + 1 here, had the blackberry went to android then to iphone and still like my blackberry. cant wait to get it in my hands next week.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-17-13 07:15 PM
    With rogers bbm only needs a data plan, nothing special about it

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-17-13 07:17 PM
    With rogers bbm only needs a data plan, nothing special about it

Posted via CB10
    It's like that with ever new bb10.. crackberry even did a post on it!

http://m.crackberry.com/no-you-dont-...erry-10-phones

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:19 PM
208 1234 ...