Okay after downloading 1 too many apps that simply refuse to work with out being granted FULL access to my entire phone I had decided that I would try and get one step ahead of them and encrypt the entire phone less the media card which only holds music/pics and vids. Well looks like the jokes on me isn't it. Just about all apps now wont work including BB world and to my surprise even CB. Seem to be some kinda communication error with what ever server the apps are trying to connect with. Few of the andriod ports don't even wanna load up now.

I guess I could stick most of my personal info on the sd card and only encrypt the sd card and see if that works. This getting ridiculous though. More of us are using these phones to do banking etc.. and even storing very personal info as saved documents on these phones and were just supposed to let every Tom,**** and harry who can make an app have access to all of this?

I need to be able to lock certain files and folder on this phone before I can agree to let apps have rampant access to my phone.

And yes I have done a battery pull after the encryption which did not help at all - I will now unwillingly/grudgingly decrypt the phone.

Any one else have this problem?
    03-24-13 07:10 PM
    I have a funny feeling that part of system testing within Blackberry would have been this kind of test.

I have a feeling that your problem is a unique one.
    03-24-13 07:12 PM
    I had my device encrypted and never had a problem with any native or android apps and side loaded ones.

It does sound like an isolated incident.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:15 PM
    I agree sounds isolated as I have no similar issues with mine.
    03-24-13 07:17 PM
    If you're that paranoid over your personal information then why are you trying to use apps? Many of these requests are simple access requests needed for the program to run. They aren't sifting through your files to give the information to the government.
    03-24-13 07:19 PM
    If you're that paranoid over your personal information then why are you trying to use apps? Many of these requests are simple access requests needed for the program to run. They aren't sifting through your files to give the information to the government.
    Although in most cases you may be right how can you say for certain that one of these apps wont go thru your contact list to acquire names and email address's and start spamming your contacts or maybe find some sensitive info regarding your bank accounts and access codes - identity theft is a huge problem these days in case you havent heard.
    Some people only use there phones to to play music or games and watch You tube videos aside from making phone calls - others use theirs for soo much more!

Still decrypting...........
    03-24-13 07:27 PM
    Phone is decrypted and all is back to normal
    03-24-13 08:02 PM
    Mine is encrypted and I have none of the above mentioned concerns

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:16 PM