The Z10 is gorgeous. From a design point of view it is genuinely different from other phones out there at the moment. Of course its a black rectangle with rounded corners, but in my opinion that is where the similarities end.

The phone's design is notibly utilitarian. And the head designer has commented that Blackberry went to great lengths to strip the phone down to its essentials, stating something like "Designing something different is easy, designing something great is hard" (im not sure of the actual quote but it was from a Canadian magazine.)

I've said it briefly in a comment on another thread, but i think we really should be talking about the Z10 from a design point of view more. The OS is great, but sois the design, or at least i think so.

I'd just like to hear what other people of the Z10's design, do they agree with me, or disagree? Either way the phone looks, and more suprisingly, feels, extremely close to perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:02 AM
    I too love the design. what does it for me, aside from the utilitarian no-nonsense look of the phone itself is the feel of it in the hand. the weight and balance are nigh on perfect. Its a classic phone design in almost every respect
    02-24-13 09:06 AM
    I very much agree. Also, when in landscape playing a video it does look incredibly slick. I have the case that turns into a stand (I can never remember what it's called) and the way it looks is just amazing, course I'd prefer it to go naked but it would be a crime to let it get damaged.
    02-24-13 09:24 AM
    I just saw some posts about the Vertu phone, and thought oh my! Glad BlackBerry didn't make something like that. And what's more Vertu are charging $10,000 for their monstrosity. If Del Boy had a mobile phone that would be the phone he'd have. Oh wait $10,000 - he'd have the fake knockoff.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:36 AM
    I agree as well! When I first saw the design of the phone I was amazed by the look of it as it looks so nice!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:48 AM
    I really like the design. At first I didn't think it would look so nice when all those bad leaked photos were shown but now that I have it in my hands I can see how beautiful the simple but functional design really is. It has a certain professional elegance about it that I truly love in my devices - a sense of style that has always belonged to BlackBerrys. The design conveys a certain silent strength and sturdiness to it that I don't see in other devices.

However, having said all that, I believe there is still room for improvement to make it even better. I look forward to seeing what future iterations will look like for this great device.
    02-24-13 10:14 AM