This morning I had my Z10 plugged into my F150 by USB listening to Audible. Audible shut down and then the Z10 auto rebooted. Then got a message 100& and it died. Now can not get it to come on. Tried the following Took the battery and sim connected to my laptop using Blackberry Link tried to reboot. Flash red light less than 2 second then No go. Tired putting the battery and Sim back in still No go. Just its just dead.Help . this is my main form of communication.

Update on the Z10- I ended up sending back to ATT it was truly dead. They in return sent me a replacement. Which has worked out great for me I just wanted something to hold me over until ATT started providing the Passport. Which I order yesterday 2015/ 02/27. Thank you all for all the help. Cheers
    Last edited by DBundick; 02-28-15 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Update
    01-07-15 09:20 AM
    Sorry for your loss.

I'd try removing the battery and plugging it into the BlackBerry wall charger... see if the LED comes on.
    Then try putting the battery in.
    Then try an autoloader on it to reflash the OS, but if nothing is lighting up anymore.... that is a long shot at best.
    01-07-15 10:02 AM
    Then got a message 100& and it died.
    There are so many reports for dead Z10 phones recently that I now carry a spare fully configured and synchronized phone in my bag. It's not funny at all. It's my main business communication tool. I'm thinking about replacing it with something else soon.
    01-07-15 10:08 AM
    There are so many reports for dead Z10 phones recently that I now carry a spare fully configured and synchronized phone in my bag. It's not funny at all. It's my main business communication tool. I'm thinking about replacing it with something else soon.
    Again, if you think this problem is specific to Z10, search around. When you find a phone that does not have this issue, let us all know. Remember, people come here when they have problems, not when they don't. I have two Z10s (one a few months old and another from USA release) and both are running fine. My son's last iPhone was replaced because it just dropped dead.

Our backup phone line is on a Moto Defy from years ago, still running strong. However, I remember the same "they're all dying" reports on the Defy too when it came out. Everyone cited a German blog where they reported hundreds of Defys were failing. I went on the site and pointed out there were less than 30 phones in their sample. Rather than correct the numbers they deleted my post. Hysteria is good for ad hits.
    01-07-15 10:50 AM
    Remember, people come here when they have problems, not when they don't.
    I agree. Many phone models from different manufacturers suffer similar issues. This fact doesn't make me feel better though.
    01-07-15 11:03 AM
    I agree. Many phone models from different manufacturers suffer similar issues. This fact doesn't make me feel better though.
    I don't think the Z10 (or smartphones in general) suffer from some special issue with failures.... Age and usage is the big factor, I'm not saying the OP dropped his phone several times over the last month or got it a little damp one day it was raining - and it took this long for the issue to show up. Or that he was using a bargain car charger in his old 1985 F150 at the time his phone blew. Just that sometimes it's not the devices fault that they die.
    01-07-15 01:45 PM
    Sic wipe?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:27 PM
    I lost my 2nd Z10 last night, after only 2 months of use with exactly the same behavior of the first one: it crashes at 100% loading with th BB logo while turning it on. I'm very disappointed about this. My phone is everything about work and personal stuff, EVERYTHING.
    I'm starting to wonder of jumping to Z30 but i'm not sure if it will work well in my country (Dominican Republic) and I don't want any androind nor iphone. Really frustrating.
    01-08-15 03:24 PM
    I lost my 2nd Z10 last night, after only 2 months of use with exactly the same behavior of the first one: it crashes at 100% loading with th BB logo while turning it on. I'm very disappointed about this. My phone is everything about work and personal stuff, EVERYTHING.
    I'm starting to wonder of jumping to Z30 but i'm not sure if it will work well in my country (Dominican Republic) and I don't want any androind nor iphone. Really frustrating.
    Wow that really Sucks.what OS were you running. 10.2.1 has been very stable for most. My first z10 crashed on 10.2 and had to get it replaced.

Don't know if u guys got LTE there then get the international version if the Z30 sta-002.its in amazon.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    anon(4297019) and jsille like this.
    01-08-15 03:29 PM
    If you lost two of the same phones in exactly the same way you might want to look at see if something is going on at your end. Are you using the same charger? Same battery?
    jsille likes this.
    01-08-15 03:42 PM
    If you lost two of the same phones in exactly the same way you might want to look at see if something is going on at your end. Are you using the same charger? Same battery?
    The 2nd one was absolutely new and I always used it with its accessories like battery and charger.
    01-08-15 05:16 PM
    Wow that really Sucks.what OS were you running. 10.2.1 has been very stable for most. My first z10 crashed on 10.2 and had to get it replaced.

Don't know if u guys got LTE there then get the international version if the Z30 sta-002.its in amazon.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    I have this in my Amazon cart:
    Blackberry Z30 STA100-2 16GB 4G LTE Unlocked GSM OS 10.2 Smartphone - Black

I will send both of the damaged z10 to a friend of mine to try autoloader, tomorrow morning, then I will decide on jumping to Z30. Here where I live, in Punta Cana, is very difficult to get them fixed and Orange Dominicana is not bringing Z10 nor Z30 anymore, they are only into Passport and Q10.
    01-08-15 05:19 PM
    i was in Punta Cana the week before Christmas last year when my Z10 permanently died. Hope you have better luck getting yours restarted. Mine never did so I ended up buying a used z10 back home off ebay to last me until my contract runs or whenever I get around to replacing it.
    01-08-15 05:38 PM
    Here where I live, in Punta Cana, is very difficult to get them fixed...
    I would like to have your problem. Here where I live, in Toronto, it's -18C outside. My phone is still going, but I'm dying.
    01-08-15 06:20 PM
    OP sounds like a failed battery.

Edit: I mean, if the LED lights up when it's plugged in! It won't work with a failed (or missing) battery, even if plugged in. The circuit isn't complete.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:11 PM
    OP sounds like a failed battery.

Edit: I mean, if the LED lights up when it's plugged in! It won't work with a failed (or missing) battery, even if plugged in. The circuit isn't complete.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your comment. But when I got the second phone, brand new, I put the battery in the old one and it didn't go through. I think is something inside the phone that doesn't resist high temperature and I noticed that the phone gets hot when using androids apps or more than 6 apps open at a time. I believe something gets burned and the phone crashes.
    01-09-15 08:44 AM
    Thank you for your comment. But when I got the second phone, brand new, I put the battery in the old one and it didn't go through. I think is something inside the phone that doesn't resist high temperature and I noticed that the phone gets hot when using androids apps or more than 6 apps open at a time. I believe something gets burned and the phone crashes.
    I don't think that is the problem. I have lots of android apps that run my Z10 hot as well...sometimes it reports 43 deg C. It all runs fine and cool down after. No crashing...or very little if any.
    01-09-15 09:34 AM
    I don't think that is the problem. I have lots of android apps that run my Z10 hot as well...sometimes it reports 43 deg C. It all runs fine and cool down after. No crashing...or very little if any.
    Yes but, mine is STL100-1 and rumor has it that is the worst one of Z10 serie. Sorry if I am mixing informations up, but it's really frustrating. Anyway, I'll give the last try with the Z30. I've heard that's a very good phone and I don't like physical keyboards like Passport or Classic.
    01-09-15 10:00 AM
    Yes but, mine is STL100-1 and rumor has it that is the worst one of Z10 serie. Sorry if I am mixing informations up, but it's really frustrating. Anyway, I'll give the last try with the Z30. I've heard that's a very good phone and I don't like physical keyboards like Passport or Classic.
    Dude, I'm in the Caribbean, using a Z10 STL-001 and it isn't as bad as some people purport it to be...trust me.. All of what I spoke above I have been running on this phone STL-001...... I have even run Android Nova Launcher on this. I have never even encountered the ever so popular "Phone shutsdown at 30%" issue...mine goes down to zero.

Yes, it does have a different chipset from the other model Z10 's...but it doesn't make it a wimp of a phone by any means

I understand your frustration though.
    01-09-15 02:05 PM
    Is this problem of phone going dead is only with z10 or is it with q10 also?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 01:01 AM
    Is this problem of phone going dead is only with z10 or is it with q10 also?

Posted via CB10
    I have never heard something about Q10 or Z30 either...
    DBundick likes this.
    01-11-15 03:40 PM