My Z10 will not turn back on after charging. No light, no signal of life. What can I do?
    12-26-14 03:51 PM
    Start with forum Search, for example. There are many threads related to similar issues.
    12-26-14 04:12 PM
    Try reinstalling the OS from a computer, and if that doesn't work, then it's time to bury it.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:24 PM
    Try a new battery?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:28 PM
    I've tried all this. New battery....reinstalling OS (doesn't show up in BB Link), nothing works.
    12-26-14 04:52 PM
    Start with forum Search, for example. There are many threads related to similar issues.
    ^^^^ this

Posted via CB10
    jasen_p likes this.
    12-26-14 04:55 PM
    I have a dead one here too. It was bought during the last Black Friday promo, and I'm currently waiting for BlackBerry support to tell me if there's anything they'll do for me.

It's a couple of weeks out of warranty...... and they say their system has no RMA capability for the Z10 any more.

It's very dead -- no red light when plugged into the computer or when a battery is inserted, not recognized on USB (at all), etc. It died the same way - while on charge overnight, and was operating normally before that. The charger, incidentally, is an official BlackBerry one and not a cheap knock-off.
    12-26-14 04:57 PM
    Fwiw I've lost 2 z10s similar circumstances
    One died on the charger
    The other one was just sitting on my bed with probably 50% battery

Completely dead
    Red light would only turn on when inserting battery, but even then computer wouldn't recognize
    I still have one sitting here
    If there's a fix, I'd like to hear it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 05:11 PM
    Son of a..... (from ifixit's ​teardown page on the Z10)

See that battery on the motherboard? I'll bet that's why they're dying.

I've got the proper torx screwdrivers to get these apart on order. If I'm right the only trick is going to be finding the correct battery to replace that one with and the (quite-delicate) job of getting the old one off and the new one on. I have a hot-air rework station so this is definitely within my abilities and equipment; I've changed switches on a number of Galaxy S2s and that's an extremely delicate operation -- this looks like a cake-walk in comparison.

It also means every Z10 has an intentional time bomb in it as that cell will​ eventually die, and when it does so does the phone unless you replace it.
    12-26-14 05:18 PM
    have you tried CPR?
    12-26-14 05:39 PM

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.ne...DMOW3SHPT.hugeSee that battery on the motherboard? I'll bet that's why they're dying.

I've got the proper torx screwdrivers to get these apart on order. If I'm right the only trick is going to be finding the correct battery to replace that one with and the (quite-delicate) job of getting the old one off and the new one on. I have a hot-air rework station so this is definitely within my abilities and equipment; I've changed switches on a number of Galaxy S2s and that's an extremely delicate operation -- this looks like a cake-walk in comparison.

It also means every Z10 has an intentional time bomb in it as that cell will​ eventually die, and when it does so does the phone unless you replace it.
    Is there a way of testing if it's dead ?
    12-26-14 06:30 PM
    Sure... take it apart and voltmeter the battery..

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:44 PM
    I meant without taking apart ?

And if so it can't be recharged ?
    12-26-14 06:47 PM
    No and no.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:58 PM
    That's almost certainly a silver oxide cell. As soon as my micro torx screwdrivers get to me I'll know for sure.

If I'm right I'm going to be VERY pissed and you should be too.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    12-26-14 06:59 PM
    It died the same way - while on charge overnight, and was operating normally before that.
    See that battery on the motherboard? I'll bet that's why they're dying.
    I'll be interested to hear if your theory is correct. Though I'm a little sceptical that a device would fail because of a dead motherboard battery when the main battery has charge and is even plugged in.
    12-26-14 07:10 PM
    I've got a dead one that I will be tearing into, reworking and if it magically then works fine, well....

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:16 PM
    If your theory is correct and are able to repair it - you could go into business !

Have you seen the amounts of threads with dead Z10s.
    12-26-14 07:21 PM
    Perhaps the z10s have been programmed to die so you can upgrade to the z30! Lol
    BBVegasGirl80 and srzjumper like this.
    12-26-14 07:24 PM
    If this is what's killing them Chen has himself a wee problem...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:27 PM

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.ne...DMOW3SHPT.hugeSee that battery on the motherboard? I'll bet that's why they're dying.

I don't remember what the similarities were between the z10 and s3, but would it be worth it to compare the two?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 08:28 PM
    I am on the same boat since July.
    12-26-14 09:54 PM
    Give me until next week sometime when the tools arrive.

Exactly what gets disabled when that battery dies is not certain (yet) but since I have a waaaay out of warranty device here (bought on the initial release date of the Z10 with T-Mobile) that is dead my risk in taking that one apart is zero.

Either replacing that battery fixes it or it doesn't; the only cost in finding out is my time and a buck or two for the battery once I get it out and can get a part number and cross-reference from it.
    12-26-14 10:05 PM
    Just a FWIW, I remember back when I first bought my Z10 at Tmo release, a few month later there were a number of users complaining their Z10s had died after being on charge all night. Still have my original Z10, works fine. Never been on charger for whole night. Good luck with your experiment, Tickerguy.
    12-27-14 03:51 AM
    That's very disappointing that the phone could just die at any time, looks like mine would die soon as it has been acting up lately

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:22 AM
98 123 ...