So my friend Z10 flashed a blue screen and now its not coming on. Plugged it in for a hour and nothing, plugged it into my computer and nothing. Long press power key and nothing is happening. No led flash nothing. Interestingly it was at 48% charge when it went dead.
    11-12-14 02:04 PM
    So my friend Z10 flashed a blue screen and now its not coming on. Plugged it in for a hour and nothing, plugged it into my computer and nothing. Long press power key and nothing is happening. No led flash nothing. Interestingly it was at 48% charge when it went dead.
    Pop off the back cover and remove the battery and wait about 5 minutes. During this time, inspect the battery for damage, swelling, burns, or dirty connections.
    If it has any of these, replace it. If the battery package or the cells have holes, handle with extreme care, as Lithium can self ignite in the presence of moisture or water.
    Then plug the Z10 into a USB data cable to a computer and press the power button, it should then start to act like it's going to boot up. Don't use the wall charger or a USB charge only cable.
    When it starts booting up, pop the battery back in, and leave it connected to the USB.

Let us know the results.
    11-12-14 02:09 PM
    That is exactly how my Z10 died. Tried everything to no avail, and had to send it back to BB for exchange. The replacement they send me wouldn't connect to any wifi. Now I am in the process of getting it exchanged again. I was considering getting a Z30 or even a Passport, but after this experience I am not sure I am ready to take the risk.
    11-12-14 02:17 PM
    Pop off the back cover and remove the battery and wait about 5 minutes. During this time, inspect the battery for damage, swelling, burns, or dirty connections.
    If it has any of these, replace it. If the battery package or the cells have holes, handle with extreme care, as Lithium can self ignite in the presence of moisture or water.
    Then plug the Z10 into a USB data cable to a computer and press the power button, it should then start to act like it's going to boot up. Don't use the wall charger or a USB charge only cable.
    When it starts booting up, pop the battery back in, and leave it connected to the USB.

Let us know the results.
    Didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:41 PM
    Didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    OK, sounds like it is truly dead.
    Warranty / insurance time, if your friend has either.
    11-13-14 06:25 AM
    OK, sounds like it is truly dead.
    Warranty / insurance time, if your friend has either.
    He doesn't have any of those, he actually ordered a Passport last week and should get it by the 23rd.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:06 AM
    Use blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:08 AM
    I had the same problem and there's not solution. Contact your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:27 AM