I wanted to share my family's recent data plan experience comparing my Z10 with my daughter's iPhone 5. I got my Z10 on the first day it was available from T-Mobile here in the US. I have a 2.5 gig data plan and I've never come anywhere close to using that much data with my Z10. On May 16 my daughter got an iPhone 5. Last night she exceeded her 2.5 gig data plan already. Granted I'm not a teenager snapchatting and on tumblr constantly (as she is), but she is also doing that mostly while on WiFi. She is going to enjoy being throttled most months, I suspect.

I know I could buy her more data - and I might have been convinced to do that had she gone with a BlackBerry. But not for an iPhone.
    Last edited by Nels; 05-27-13 at 07:52 AM.
    arfin likes this.
    05-27-13 07:31 AM
    There have been many reports of data leaks on the iPhone and the iPhone sometimes indicates you're connected to WiFi but yet it's using cellular data.

This is just one report but there are many more if you do a Google search.
    Data Glitch Causes iPhone 5 Bill Shock
    05-27-13 07:38 AM
    No increase on the data plan for you daughter, your an iSheep trader! Lol!

That's how I imagine your conversion could go.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-27-13 07:38 AM
    My youngest sister goes through data fast as ****. YouTube, Netflix, twitter, and sound cloud are the culprits. Luckily she pays her portion on the bill. Why not buy more data? Holding out on something (that you're willing to buy) because of the smartphone she chose is kind of corny Imo.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    05-27-13 07:44 AM
    My youngest sister goes through data fast as ****. YouTube, Netflix, twitter, and sound cloud are the culprits. Luckily she pays her portion on the bill. Why not buy more data? Holding out on something (that you're willing to buy) because of the smartphone she chose is kind of corny Imo.

Or you can teach her to be responsible and stay within her limits. Your choice. There are ways to keep track of how much data you are using.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-27-13 08:12 AM
    Or you can teach her to be responsible and stay within her limits. Your choice. There are ways to keep track of how much data you are using.
    True, it doesnt bother me considering she pays for her overages. The op considered buying a larger data package but opted not to due to her phone of choice. That's corny.

05-27-13 08:17 AM
    True, it doesnt bother me considering she pays for her overages. The op considered buying a larger data package but opted not to due to her phone of choice. That's corny.

Not getting more just because it's an iPhone is strange. I was thinking more about teaching a lesson.
    bquinney likes this.
    05-27-13 08:19 AM
    Not getting more just because it's an iPhone is strange. I was thinking more about teaching a lesson.
    I'm kicking her off once her contract expires (2months). She'll learn very soon. Lol

05-27-13 08:24 AM
    I'm kicking her off once her contract expires (2months). She'll learn very soon. Lol

Haha. They learn quick when it comes out of their own pockets.
    05-27-13 08:28 AM

Is that the best way to treat your sister? LoL ;p

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:28 AM
    Is that the best way to treat your sister? LoL ;p

Posted via CB10
    Oh without a doubt. Jk. She's out of school and has a job. She can support herself.

05-27-13 08:39 AM
    It is not a question of money. With T-Mobile once you hit your limit you don't pay more, your speed gets throttled. I'm trying to teach her a lesson. A little data slow down is just what she needs.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:07 AM
    No increase on the data plan for you daughter, your an iSheep trader! Lol!

That's how I imagine your conversion could go.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    You're*

Traitor*

Sorry your and you're are massive pet peeves of mine

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:28 AM