Dear BB lovers,

I have a Z10 for the past month or so. Every time I connect my phone to my windows 8 laptop and open BB Link software, I get a message on my laptop saying "Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart the computer". What should I do?
    06-07-13 03:11 PM
    Dear BB lovers,

I have a Z10 for the past month or so. Every time I connect my phone to my windows 8 laptop and open BB Link software, I get a message on my laptop saying "Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart the computer". What should I do?
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! What have you tried so far? The first thing that comes to mind is to uninstall and then reinstall BlackBerry Link. You might also try backing up and reformatting your memory card if you're also trying to mount it to the computer.
    06-07-13 03:17 PM
    get rid of that piece of junk...huge mistake buying it...that Win8 POS, that is!
    Carl Estes, Bowlegz and Baked like this.
    06-07-13 03:21 PM
    If your goal is to transfer files into your Z10 then go to settings. Open Storage and Access. Change your settings to USB mode. It allows me to transfer files to my Z10 without crashing my computer.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:14 PM
    If your goal is to transfer files into your Z10 then go to settings. Open Storage and Access. Change your settings to USB mode. It allows me to transfer files to my Z10 without crashing my computer.

Posted via CB10
    I have this same issue...i hope this works!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:26 PM
    I have this same issue but only when trying to side load apps. Whether it be the special program (can't remember the name) or the playbook extension via chrome. I have tried in all my Windows 8 devices and same issue. I get some blue screen with a DPC Watchdog Violation. So now I don't side load anymore. Truly love my Z10's keyboard, Web browser and the Hub but it truly is pushing me away to Windows Phone 8 or back to Android's soon to come Motorola X. I'm not bias or anything either and I push the Z10 at my store the best I can and literally every Z10 sold at my store has been exchanged for Android or iOS. Biggest issue is BlackBerry needs to get on carriers to push software updates quicker and developers to create the big apps. Either that or create the apps yourself like Microsoft attempts. I still have my S3 and Nexus and tried to go back to my S3 last week and not even 2 hrs later I missed my Z10 and switched back. Worst part is is BlackBerry is paying us all $20 cash per blackberry that we sell company wide and I think our top employee company wide that sold any was like 6. Horrible if you ask me. Please BlackBerry get on it, I want you to succeed. Also with BBM going to Android it only pushes me and probably others that way. Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:33 PM
    get rid of that piece of junk...huge mistake buying it...that Win8 POS, that is!
    Windows 8 laptops are not really junk. the touch screen ones are cool as. :-). It's not the computer it's the phone you I-diot

Sent using Z10
    06-07-13 07:43 PM
    Man! Can I ever agree with you!
    Windows pooped the bed with windows 8.

From Zed to U via CB10
    06-07-13 07:49 PM
    Windows 8 laptops are not really junk. the touch screen ones are cool as. :-). It's not the computer it's the phone you I-diot

Sent using Z10
    I see, that's amazing how you were able to assess the issue and come up with a solution with such minimal information like that. Can't wait for the explanation to the OP!
    06-07-13 08:07 PM
    I see, that's amazing how you were able to assess the issue and come up with a solution with such minimal information like that. Can't wait for the explanation to the OP!
    dude I recommend that you shouldn't judge on the issue. it shows you are truly bias on something that you never tried.

sent using my Z10
    06-07-13 08:12 PM

Sent using Z10
    Oh really ?? It's the phone?? Because when I plug it in my win7 desktop it's fine but when it's plugged in to my win8 laptop BSOD dpc watch dog or something like that.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-07-13 08:16 PM
    dude I recommend that you shouldn't judge on the issue. it shows you are truly bias on something that you never tried.

sent using my Z10
    You're a really good at judging strangers as well! Still waiting for that diagnosis and solution there boss.
    06-07-13 08:18 PM
    You're a really good at judging strangers as well! Still waiting for that diagnosis and solution there boss.
    ok.....whatever?????

sent using my Z10
    06-07-13 08:21 PM
    I've been stuck with this issue for months but everything works fine on windows 7 machine.

06-07-13 08:23 PM
    I have this problem as well. Kept having random DPC Watchdog errors rebooting my Win 8 laptop and finally traced it to plugging or unplugging my Z10. Other posts blame Windows and while I agree its awful software, try buying a new PC laptop w/o it. Blackberry needs to update the Manager software (even with Link closed, plugging in or removing my Z10 causes the problem--so it isn't Link, although that's shoddy software too) so it works with Windows 8.

The only workaround I've found is syncing via bluetooth, which seems to work fine. It's just connecting by USB that crashes the computer.
    06-11-13 12:47 AM
    I have experienced the same thing since day one, and connecting my phone to the computer is enough for it to crash, so I'm pretty sure it's a z10 driver issue. It's a pain in the *** to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:49 AM
    The error was related to SD drives... I'm still blaming windows 8.... and I still think that they are the ones that need to fix their ****.

bradu1 likes this.
    06-11-13 07:05 AM
    If you want to connect to windows or whatever you have to write your code to work with it so it is a BBRY issue and not a computer OS issue.
    06-11-13 07:11 AM
    I have win 8 and fixed it for me. I uninstalled bblink and rebooted. Redown loaded bblink 1.1 from website and right click installer and run as Admin. Let it finish and rebooted. Then disabled wife on phone and hooked up us cable and it works. Also I noticed I had to use the BlackBerry usb cable. If I used any other it wouldn't detect the device. Now it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:11 AM
    If you want to connect to windows or whatever you have to write your code to work with it so it is a BBRY issue and not a computer OS issue.
    Why is it that it works fine on Windows 7

06-11-13 07:13 AM
    Get rid of windows 8.....

Posted via CB10
    ikalinin likes this.
    06-11-13 08:11 AM
    The hardware is fine its the software, Microcrap has always had issues with windows and they wrote it.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:13 AM
    I have win 8 and fixed it for me. I uninstalled bblink and rebooted. Redown loaded bblink 1.1 from website and right click installer and run as Admin. Let it finish and rebooted. Then disabled wife on phone and hooked up us cable and it works. Also I noticed I had to use the BlackBerry usb cable. If I used any other it wouldn't detect the device. Now it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    Ah - I see the trick here. It's disabiling the "wife" on he phone. I haven't tried that yet
    water_rodent and bradu1 like this.
    06-11-13 09:02 AM
    Ah - I see the trick here. It's disabiling the "wife" on he phone. I haven't tried that yet
    I tried that, but it only made things worse! Now I'm sleeping in the car and I still can't sync!
    bradu1 likes this.
    06-11-13 11:23 PM
    I tried that, but it only made things worse! Now I'm sleeping in the car and I still can't sync!
    rotfl

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:47 PM
41 12