Is there a way to display my contacts on the Z10 in the following format (as I could do on the 9800):

Last name, First name

(with the comma)
    04-04-13 03:25 PM
    I'm looking for the same thing....I dont think it's available now...probably with an update.
    04-04-13 05:08 PM
    I hope they update this simple fix
    04-07-13 12:29 PM
    Is there a way to display my contacts on the Z10 in the following format (as I could do on the 9800):

Last name, First name

(with the comma)
    Yes.

Z10 Contacts display format-img_00000106.png

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:30 PM
    Yes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000106.png 
Views:	1234 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	148871

Posted via CB10
    Lol you missed his point, he wants both last name and first name to appear in his contacts. At the moment you can't, you can have either first name or last name but not both.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:24 PM
    Lol you missed his point, he wants both last name and first name to appear in his contacts. At the moment you can't, you can have either first name or last name but not both.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's funny because all of the contacts that I have show both first and last name. The only ones that don't are those pulled from other sources where the contact didn't put both in on the respective platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:33 PM
    Actually my problem is that I want it sorted in last name order (which it does) but it displays it showing first name last name which is very confusing. Am I missing somehting?
    04-08-13 02:50 PM
    I'm still having this problem with my users, as well. Despite sorting by last name, the contacts still read first name first- I hope there is a fix for this soon.
    04-17-13 07:42 AM
    what's os are you on? Cause it works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:44 AM
    what's os are you on? Cause it works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    Tmobile branded: Software Release 10.0.10.85 OS Version 10.0.10.672

So it's sorting it by last name but it's showing it with first name first....very confusing.
    04-22-13 12:42 PM
    I'm still having this problem with my users, as well. Despite sorting by last name, the contacts still read first name first- I hope there is a fix for this soon.
    I think when you choose to display by last name...it goes under the first initial on said last name but still shows the persons full name ie
    Joe Blogs....comes under the B's and if you set it first name...Joe Blogs would come under the J's
    04-22-13 07:55 PM
    The issue isn't how the contacts are sorted, by last name or fist name, but rather how the contacts are displayed. One would think if you asked Contacts to sort your entries by last name they would all show up as "LastName, FirstName" and not "FirstName LastName".
    Otherwise the last name will show the following names in this order:
    Tim Brown
    Charlie Sheen
    Adam West

I hope the give us the LastName, FirstName display option to complement the sort option soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:58 PM
    I opened up a bug report with BlackBerry about the lack of ability to show contacts as "Lastname, Firstname", and was given the typical response of it was by design.
    The tech offered to file it as a feature request which my team mate asked him to. Meanwhile I am going to raise this issue with my BlackBerry reps to try and get more traction on the issue because our current BES 5.0 devices have this capability and our users won't like the change since they are used to it (our GAL is that format as well).

If I get any further updates I will post them in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:06 PM
    On the Blackberry forum, it's already been acknowledged by BB that the Contacts app is one of the apps that has a fairly large amount of bugs/glitches, so I wouldn't doubt that it is a priority in terms of things to fix. BB is aware that it is still very fragmented and poorly integrated with the rest of the system.
    04-25-13 08:38 PM
    Well according to the BlackBerry tech I spoke to they don't consider this a bug or glitch since they claim its by design which is lame IMHO.
    I think that because technically nothing is "broken" this will require people being vocal.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:06 PM
    For anyone who has a BlackBerry support contract, which will generally be corporate customers running a BES, I have submitted an "Enhancement Request" for OS 10 which you can tack on to if you want. It's "ER 6973166". It's an Enhancement Request versus a bug report because BlackBerry doesn't consider this a bug.

Hopefully enough people will request this enhancement to cause the BlackBerry devs to add this capability to their OS 10 devices.
    04-26-13 02:27 PM
    It is a pitty that they removed the display by Last Name, First Name. Even an iphone can do it!!! BlackBerry OS used to be the best.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:54 AM
    On the Blackberry forum, it's already been acknowledged by BB that the Contacts app is one of the apps that has a fairly large amount of bugs/glitches, so I wouldn't doubt that it is a priority in terms of things to fix. BB is aware that it is still very fragmented and poorly integrated with the rest of the system.
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a few links to threads on the BB forum where BB have commented on their intentions for the Contacts app...
    06-09-13 04:42 PM
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a few links to threads on the BB forum where BB have commented on their intentions for the Contacts app...
    I opened an "Enhancement Request" for OS 10 which you can tack on to if you want. It's "ER 6973166". It's an Enhancement Request versus a bug report because BlackBerry doesn't consider this a bug.

I'm not sure what else beyond that you are looking to see specifically.
    06-10-13 07:41 AM
    Where is the best place to be vocal about this?
    My old BB sorted by first name, now when I put my wife's name in, instead of being first, I have to scroll through strangers - every time. Annoying. They should offer sort options AND put favourites automatically at the top or any search, followed by often used.

I have lots of bugs/counterintuitive elements of BB10 to comment on. Where is the best place to post them?
    09-07-13 07:45 AM
    Where is the best place to be vocal about this?
    My old BB sorted by first name, now when I put my wife's name in, instead of being first, I have to scroll through strangers - every time. Annoying. They should offer sort options AND put favourites automatically at the top or any search, followed by often used.

I have lots of bugs/counterintuitive elements of BB10 to comment on. Where is the best place to post them?
    I am on 10.2.0.1443. In my contacts I can select either by first name, last name, or company name. Another way to circumvent having to scroll through people to get to the person you want to call, especially your family, is to utilize the Priority Hub. Just go into hub, select priority hub, then hit the three dots on the lower right corner to bring out the tray and select "settings". Select Priority hub and turn on the feature "sender has same last name as me". this will place them always at the top of the list in priority hub.

I really don't see what your complaint is about. I can quickly get to any person I want to call or text through the app by using the universal search feature. Just start typing the person's first name or last and it will pull up them up. Simple and sweet. Easy to use.
    09-07-13 08:42 AM
    I really don't see what your complaint is about. I can quickly get to any person I want to call or text through the app by using the universal search feature. Just start typing the person's first name or last and it will pull up them up. Simple and sweet. Easy to use.
    The complaint is that my company's GAL is sorted "Lastname, Firstname", so my personal contacts are sorted the same way for consistency and ease of use, we used to be able to sort contacts on the older BlackBerry devices by "Lastname, Firstname" and its difficult to switch back now after all of these years. Asking us to get used to a different format at this point in the game isn't going to work, nor is using a priority hub for some contacts when we need to be able to access them all consistently. And searching for "John" when you have 20 Johns in your contacts (out of 400) list doesn't make it any easier to find the right one to select when you are used to looking at them in the "Lastname, Firstname" format.
    09-08-13 10:01 AM