Hi Everyone,

Long time BB user. Proud owner of 2 Playbooks and a now soggy Bold 9900. Not sure if it will come back to life so I need to decide if I upgrade to Z10 or not? My struggles are because I keep hearing the Contacts & Calenders do not sync well? Is this true? Come on, this is a business phone? Is that not the same problem BB made when they released the Playbook? Secondly, what about the Bridge function? Does anyone know if we will see this with the Z10's?

I do not want Fanboys reponses, just honest opinions please. I am close to getting a Z10 but a few crucial points above are holding me back and my other option is... yikes Apple which I do not want, but kind of think all those millions of users can be all wrong.

So please, let me know about the Contacts, calenders & Bridging to Playbook.. The other scare is with the last 250 layoffs, is BB10 not long for this world? I feel the Playbook fan base was the most loyal any company has ever seen, but at the end of the day BB said Sorry not to be. Now I worry that BB10 will not get the Apps and Sorry not to be may be a further result as well.

Brian
    07-26-13 03:45 PM
    I have zero problems syncing my contacts and multiple calendars to my Z10.. I honestly don't know where that comes from. I know SOME have had issues with gmail.. so they switched to outlook.com and all was solved. Personally I haven't had any issue with gmail either, but regardless where theres a will theres a way.

Bridge on the other hand... I don't think we will ever see back in full form on the Z10. The simple fact is the playbook is dead to blackberry, and they aren't putting any resources into anything to do with it anymore.
    07-26-13 03:50 PM
    Bridge for Playbook, check-in here

Bridge For BB10 Phones to Playbook-Update

Check out my posts here...
    Hi Everyone,

Long time BB user. Proud owner of 2 Playbooks and a now soggy Bold 9900. Not sure if it will come back to life so I need to decide if I upgrade to Z10 or not? My struggles are because I keep hearing the Contacts & Calenders do not sync well? Is this true? Come on, this is a business phone? Is that not the same problem BB made when they released the Playbook? Secondly, what about the Bridge function? Does anyone know if we will see this with the Z10's?

I do not want Fanboys reponses, just honest opinions please. I am close to getting a Z10 but a few crucial points above are holding me back and my other option is... yikes Apple which I do not want, but kind of think all those millions of users can be all wrong.

So please, let me know about the Contacts, calenders & Bridging to Playbook.. The other scare is with the last 250 layoffs, is BB10 not long for this world? I feel the Playbook fan base was the most loyal any company has ever seen, but at the end of the day BB said Sorry not to be. Now I worry that BB10 will not get the Apps and Sorry not to be may be a further result as well.

Brian
    07-26-13 03:50 PM
    Yo just_luc, saw some updated Bridge files in the change log for 4687 from 4651...don't know what the changes are, just hoping that maybe the developers are doing "something" for it. Got any clue?
    I have zero problems syncing my contacts and multiple calendars to my Z10.. I honestly don't know where that comes from. I know SOME have had issues with gmail.. so they switched to outlook.com and all was solved. Personally I haven't had any issue with gmail either, but regardless where theres a will theres a way.

Bridge on the other hand... I don't think we will ever see back in full form on the Z10. The simple fact is the playbook is dead to blackberry, and they aren't putting any resources into anything to do with it anymore.
    07-26-13 03:53 PM
    I use outlook.com to sync contacts, multiple calendars and mail of course.

Works absolutely perfect without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:05 PM

I attest to the same above. The only difference is that I did have some problems with Gmail and switched to Outlook. That has worked flawlessly.

I also have business calendar, contacts, etc synced OTA from the company server. No problems there either.

Furthermore, I sync through BlackBerry Link to Outlook 2013 and no problems there either. So, I am not sure what people complained about. Possibly it was when the Z10 came out that Link was not working if you wanted to sync with Outlook.

Apps do not worry me because I have all I need from BlackBerry World or sideloaded.

I did not use Bridge when I had my 9810 because it was laggy. Now you cannot do many of the functions you could have used with OS7 devises, but you can still access files from the Z10and use it as a remote control. In fact, I fund myself using Link more often now with my PlayBook for presentations and watching movies. The Z10 is very responsive and smooth when controlling the PlayBook.

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:11 PM

Thanks a lot for the info Luc. I think you answered a lot of questions and gave me a great Positive feel for this phone.

Brian
    just_luc likes this.
    07-26-13 04:13 PM
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I think maybe I had seen to much info in regards to older Versions etc. I can see that most of my worries were false assumptions.

Brian
    07-26-13 04:16 PM
    Yo just_luc, saw some updated Bridge files in the change log for 4687 from 4651...don't know what the changes are, just hoping that maybe the developers are doing "something" for it. Got any clue?
    I haven't heard anything to that affect.. If I had to guess any changes are probably just to maintain the current functionality with bridge data and relate it to the new radio files etc, I doubt that it means they are actually working to bring back any off the bridge apps, but one can hope.

There certainly hasn't been any added bridge features in any of the leaks to date..
    07-26-13 04:16 PM
    Thanks a lot for the info Luc. I think you answered a lot of questions and gave me a great Positive feel for this phone.

Brian
    No problem Brian,

You know.. when I added my contact info to my signature, I thought someday somebody I had helped on here might see that i'm a realtor local to them and give me a call... but I had hopped that person would be a potential client, not another agent! Haha.. take care!
    diegonei likes this.
    07-26-13 04:23 PM