I got by z10 used several months ago and at the start had very few problems with rebooting, maybe once per week. But for the past month or so it will reboot all the time! It seems to mainly be when I pull it out of my pocket or set it down. There are times when it will get done so I got to pick it up and it reboots again. I've tried reloading the OS which is currently 10.2.1.2122 and it has not helped at all. I thought it might have been from some of the android apps I've downloaded so I deleted all of those and still no fix. I originally thought it was a software issue but now I'm thinking it might be something with the hardware. I've dropped it a few times but nothing big has every happened to it.

I read on another forum that it was mainly a problem with verizon phones. I have an unlocked verizon phone on at&t network. I didn't read the whole thing so I'm not sure if they said it was a software issue from verizon or hardware. Either way I really want to find a fix. Hopefully it is just a software issue and 10.3 comes out soon and fixes it
    04-05-14 07:30 AM
    Could be a poor battery connection!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:35 AM
    That definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Have you tried taking out the battery and checking any or all visible contacts. To make sure everything is clean or not obstructed? Maybe take a can of compressed air and clean out the inside back carefully.

Also, have you performed a security wipe and set everything up from scratch?

I hope you're able to get this resolved.
    04-05-14 07:37 AM
    Could be a poor battery connection!

Posted via CB10
    He's got a point. As said, check all terminals that are easily visible to you.

You can also try cleaning them carefully with a dab of isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip.
    04-05-14 07:38 AM
    I got by z10 used several months ago and at the start had very few problems with rebooting, maybe once per week. But for the past month or so it will reboot all the time! It seems to mainly be when I pull it out of my pocket or set it down. There are times when it will get done so I got to pick it up and it reboots again. I've tried reloading the OS which is currently 10.2.1.2122 and it has not helped at all. I thought it might have been from some of the android apps I've downloaded so I deleted all of those and still no fix. I originally thought it was a software issue but now I'm thinking it might be something with the hardware. I've dropped it a few times but nothing big has every happened to it.

I read on another forum that it was mainly a problem with verizon phones. I have an unlocked verizon phone on at&t network. I didn't read the whole thing so I'm not sure if they said it was a software issue from verizon or hardware. Either way I really want to find a fix. Hopefully it is just a software issue and 10.3 comes out soon and fixes it
    try to reload again this time without any apps and observe for few this if this does not help then its hardware problem
    04-05-14 07:39 AM
    Put a small piece of paper on the bottom side of the battery so it pushes more firmly on the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and aming63 like this.
    04-05-14 07:42 AM
    It does sound like the battery is moving, causing a reboot

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-14 07:43 AM
    Put a small piece of paper on the bottom side of the battery so it pushes more firmly on the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    This would be the easiest test - assuring the battery stays in contact with the, well, contacts.
    04-05-14 08:57 AM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll try the paper trick and clean off the terminals. Hopefully that will do the trick!
    04-09-14 12:31 PM