Greetings, Everyone --

I am hoping to find out if a couple of features that are rather important to me are still available on the Z10, as compared to past models.

-- Are there still "profiles", such as "Phone Calls Only" and such. When I sleep at night, I have to be available for anywhere up to about 200 locations to call me, but want all text and e-mail's silent. Is this still possible?

-- I will be on BES. I have always liked the option to delete message on just the device or device and server. Is this still an option?

-- From reading other threads, I see that e-mail's cannot be saved beyond 30-days. I hope this really is addressed in future releases. This could be close to a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks so much!
    04-02-13 08:17 AM
    -- Are there still "profiles", such as "Phone Calls Only" and such. When I sleep at night, I have to be available for anywhere up to about 200 locations to call me, but want all text and e-mail's silent. Is this still possible?
    Yes, it's available

-- I will be on BES. I have always liked the option to delete message on just the device or device and server. Is this still an option?
    Not available

-- From reading other threads, I see that e-mail's cannot be saved beyond 30-days. I hope this really is addressed in future releases. This could be close to a deal-breaker for me.
    Confirmed as coming in an OS update.
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-02-13 08:37 AM
    Greetings, Everyone --

I am hoping to find out if a couple of features that are rather important to me are still available on the Z10, as compared to past models.

Thanks so much!
    Yes you can change profiles to silent normal vibrate phone calls only.

No option to delete off server just yet not sure if that will be in new updates

Email isn't over 30 days with certain nail services but will be resolved in further OS updates.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 08:38 AM
    Regarding retaining emails beyond 30 days, until BBRY issues the fix for it, I guess the workaround could be to forward the same email to yourself?

This then begs the question, will the updated OS determine that a particular email thread is still "active", and keep these emails on the device? Retain all emails that are saved in folders till manual removal, and automatically clear the inbox beyond say a certain number eg 1,000? (user defined)

Just to give everyone a perspective. I am not dissing the iPhone. I just want to point out that in 2009, or the iPhone 3S, Apple was still figuring out how to set up email management.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 So, let's not bash the Z10 and give BBRY a chance to see how best to meet users' requirements vis a vis speed of the device.
    04-02-13 08:46 AM
    As far as I know, the option to save emails is still there, so while it won't automatically keep emails past 30 days, anything that is really important that you want to keep you can manually save yourself.

Phone calls only - it's available as its own sound profile as well as an option within Bedside mode.

JB
    04-02-13 08:52 AM
    As far as I know, the option to save emails is still there, so while it won't automatically keep emails past 30 days, anything that is really important that you want to keep you can manually save yourself.

Phone calls only - it's available as its own sound profile as well as an option within Bedside mode.

JB
    I am too new an owner of the Z10. Have not even crossed the 30 day mark, and I was deleting emails from way back. So am not able to say if the saved / filed emails have also been deleted past 30 days. Anyone?
    04-02-13 08:59 AM
    I am too new an owner of the Z10. Have not even crossed the 30 day mark, and I was deleting emails from way back. So am not able to say if the saved / filed emails have also been deleted past 30 days. Anyone?
    I've had mine since Jan 5th and from what I've gathered the emails aren't actually deleted its just the inbox doesn't sync past 30 days.

So using Gmail I file most emails right away. I'm still then able to either search or click on my email header and navigate to the folder and grab what I need.

Edit: im going to try and double check this and post an image.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-02-13 11:21 AM