Z10 concerns. Anyone had the same or know how to fix ?
Hi All - Iím not a developer or a power user, I simply use my Blackberry for calls, mails, diary, contacts, a few photos and a few apps. I run a small business so my Blackberry is an essential piece of kit. I resisted the lure of the iPhone feeling that Blackberry had always been the better choice for the business user so I was quite excited by the prospect of the Z10 which would be slicker and better on the media side of things. Now I am willing to admit that some of the following could be operator error so if anyone knows of any fixes Iíd be really grateful to hear them. The future of me and Z10 are hanging in the balance !!
ē Iíve had a nightmare setting up email accounts which involved hours on the phone to tech support at my network provider. Have finally got the work accounts set up but BT Internet account can only sent not receive (despite trying Yahoo, POP and IMAP).
ē Any mails received when the phone is in an area of no reception (which is quite a lot where I live) do not subsequently appear on the phone when itís back in reception. I can only view them when Iím back at my desk PC. Quite a fundamental one this, so if itís something to do with settings Iíd be grateful for any advice.
ē Once a mail has been read it immediately disappears from the hub. Iíd rather it stayed until I manually delete it. Facebook alerts, LinkedIn messages, text and even sent mails stay in the hub but not incoming mail.
ē Iíve missed calls because the phone has inexplicably reset to silent.
ē I canít seem to find a way of managing mail. i.e delete from handset only, delete from handset and PC etc
ē This is more of an observation than a problem but is it right that thereís no icon for mail? I know we access everything from the hub but there are icons for text, Facebook, LinkedIn etc just not mail
ē Finally, had I known that the Z10 didnít sync with Outlook I wouldnít have bought it !
These are very basic functions and I havenít fully explored all its capability so there could be more but if I canít address the above the phone will have to go.
Thereís lots to love about the new operating system but I fear Blackberry have thrown the baby out with the bathwater
- CrackBerry User
02-06-2013, 07:00 AM #4
- 17 Posts
Regarding the phone setting to silent, I had this issue when putting it into bedside mode and then back to normal, none of the alerts go back to normal. This is a known bug so needs a reboot to set notifications back to normal and don't use bedside mode for now.
- 02-06-2013, 07:26 AM #5
1) what's a BT Internet account, and why can't you send? I've never heard anyone encounter that problem before
2) If it's IMAP or POP, you may just have to wait a while. If it never syncs, I don't think it's because you are offline but because your "Sent" folder is not set to sync by default. Go to account settings for that account, edit folders, and make sure that the sent folder and any other folder your account might place these emails (ex outbox) is selected.
3) same thing as above. What is happening is that your account is set to move read messages to a different folder, which isn't being synced. Go to account settings, and make sure that this folder is selected just as I explained above for the sent folder.
4) Known bug. Don't use bedside mode for now. Does toggling from silent to normal once you leave bedside mode help though? I'm not sure
5) This is because you are using IMAP. That setting resides on the server. In Gmail, Google "IMAP settings for Gmail" and you will see how to change it.
6) Why do you need a separate icon for mail? You can access individual accounts by swiping your finger to the right in the hub and selecting the account.
7) Can you blame them? Even Microsoft is encouraging its consumers to move away from Outlook by providing Windows Live Mail...
Hi, thanks so much for all the advice and it looks like I could have put right at least some of my problems right though the Outlook thing would be an ongoing issue. So I have decided to call it a day and its going back this afternoon. Its a great shame as I've had Blackberry for years and not sure what I should go for next.
- 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM #7
go for samsung s3 i was a hardcore blackberry lover last phone was the 9900 but was unable to keep up with the android market i now have the s3 had it for four weeks now and i had my doubts around my decision and was waiting for the z10 but i love it .... i may go back to blackberry in three or four years but right now its a welcome change.. hope this helps
- 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM #9
And all those S3 customers are saying "at least we have apps".
Guess the S3 won't be the top selling phone anymore, right?Thorsten Heins: "We have a clear shot at being the No. 3 platform in the market" - 09/25/2012
- CrackBerry Genius
02-06-2013, 08:23 AM #10
- 1,759 Posts
there are also e mail tweeks you can do in the settings of an e mail account
- 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM #13
- 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM #14Thorsten Heins: "We have a clear shot at being the No. 3 platform in the market" - 09/25/2012
I'm genuinely sorry to give it up and I think if I'd left it a few months rather than being an early adopter some of the bugs would have been ironed out and a lot more knowledge would be out there. Having said that you guys have been great with your suggestions for fixes and I'm sure by taking your advice I would have got there in the end. Its just after 3 + hours on the phone to network provider's tech support (and even they admitted they didn't have the knowledge), missed calls, missing emails and a quickly draining battery I lost it. So Z10 is in the hands of Royal Mail now and I'll take a look some of the ideas you've given me for alternatives. I'm absolutely sure I'll be back to Blackberry in future though and in the meantime am back with the trusty Bold 9700. Can you compare a phone to an old pair of slippers ?
- 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM #20
- By Stevies in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 5Last Post: 10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
- By tampabaybucsfan1 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
- By M.J.H. in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 06-25-2009, 07:54 AM
- By johnboyw73 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 03-22-2009, 01:26 PM
- By JGuess in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 10Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:29 PM