My Z10 is not working the microphone broke and AT&T won't do anything for me and the BB warranty is up. I see they have a Z10 Unlocked on shop blackberry. I have been told it is compatible with AT&T since it is GSM but when I asked the customer service rep she said she didn't think it was Does anyone know if I buy the phone will it work on my network? ( ATT US ). thanks
    05-30-14 09:07 PM
    Yes. The one from ShopBlackBerry for $200 is 100% AT&T compatible.
    05-30-14 09:11 PM
    My Z10 is not working the microphone broke and AT&T won't do anything for me and the BB warranty is up. I see they have a Z10 Unlocked on shop blackberry. I have been told it is compatible with AT&T since it is GSM but when I asked the customer service rep she said she didn't think it was Does anyone know if I buy the phone will it work on my network? ( ATT US ). thanks
    AT&T is GSM, who told you AT&T isn't compatible with GSM? I think the only major carrier left on CDMA is Sprint right?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-30-14 09:58 PM
    Thank you! I called the shop blackberry customer service number to confirm and the woman said no and I was totally confused
    05-30-14 10:06 PM
    The customer service rep at shop blackberry said it wasn't compatible
    05-30-14 10:07 PM
    They employ a large number of i diots who have no clue what they're talking about. The Z10 sold on ShopBlackBerry.com is the STL100-3 RFK121LW, which is fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile.
    05-30-14 10:11 PM
    Did you ask which model it was? (i.e. STL100-2/3/4)

AFAIK, as long as it's STL100-3/4 it will work b/c up here in Canada, the STL100-3 is released by Rogers (RFF91LW) and I believe it's the equivalent to AT&T. STL100-4 is the Verizon model which (correct me if I'm wrong) should be already unlocked for GSM carriers like AT&T.
    05-30-14 10:20 PM
    Did you ask which model it was? (i.e. STL100-2/3/4)

AFAIK, as long as it's STL100-3/4 it will work b/c up here in Canada, the STL100-3 is released by Rogers (RFF91LW) and I believe it's the equivalent to AT&T. STL100-4 is the Verizon model which (correct me if I'm wrong) should be already unlocked for GSM carriers like AT&T.
    Yep, the one AT&T sells is the STL100-3.

05-30-14 10:36 PM
    Thanks I appreciate the quick replies. I called back and spoke to a rep named Logan and he said yes it absolutely is AT&T compatible and it's also international. I ordered it and it's on the way!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-14 10:40 PM
    AT&T is GSM, who told you AT&T isn't compatible with GSM? I think the only major carrier left on CDMA is Sprint right?

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA. Yes, AT&T is GSM, but you have to get the 100-3 phone for frequency compatibility.

They list the variants here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Z10
    CombeMarshal likes this.
    05-31-14 07:56 AM
    And then store blackberry site specifically lists all models and respective carrier compatibility (it's in a table format and you need to open a link of the type "learn more" or something similar, don't recall exactly)

Q10
    05-31-14 08:03 AM
    Is Z10 compatible with Sprint?

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    09-25-14 03:25 PM
    Is Z10 compatible with Sprint?
    Nope. There is no Sprint-compatible Z10.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-25-14 03:50 PM
    Thanks I appreciate the quick replies. I called back and spoke to a rep named Logan and he said yes it absolutely is AT&T compatible and it's also international. I ordered it and it's on the way!
    I bought my Z10 online and was sent STL100-3 instead of STL100-4. It still works here in New Zealand, but I've never used it on 4G. The specs look like my 4G options are limited.

So, the STL100-3 is international, but 4G might be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:22 PM
    I bought my Z10 online and was sent STL100-3 instead of STL100-4. It still works here in New Zealand, but I've never used it on 4G. The specs look like my 4G options are limited.
    What made you think the STL100-4 would have been better in your case? Does your carrier use LTE/4G band 13? Just curious.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-25-14 07:33 PM
    What made you think the STL100-4 would have been better in your case? Does your carrier use LTE/4G band 13? Just curious.
    Sorry, I should?ve said STL100-2 not 4.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:05 PM
    Sorry, I should?ve said STL100-2 not 4.
    No worries. The US ShopBB storefront ships STL100-3s. Of course they don't mention this on their webpage, lest someone accuse them of being helpful...
    FF22 and Mr4aces like this.
    09-26-14 08:51 PM
    Nope. There is no Sprint-compatible Z10.
    Can you explain to me how the hardware is different between models? Or is just in the software? i.e. radio bands?

I assume you just can't down load the Sprint radio band to a ATT phone.

Thanks Raino

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:29 AM
    Can you explain to me how the hardware is different between models? Or is just in the software? i.e. radio bands?

I assume you just can't down load the Sprint radio band to a ATT phone.

Thanks Raino

Posted via CB10
    I'll defer to Raino for some stuff. But the Model 1 is quite different having a variety of different hardware inside which is why it is always singled out for autoloaders and other unofficial OS upgrades. While the Model 4 is the Verizon model which can handle cdma and some gsm frequencies.
    raino and Mr4aces like this.
    03-28-15 08:57 AM
    @F2 Seems like they would have some sort of equity standards so the manufacturers could make one model phone and any change the Radio software.

Why is there no Z10 or Z30 phone for Sprint?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:48 AM
    @F2 Seems like they would have some sort of equity standards so the manufacturers could make one model phone and any change the Radio software.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know anything about the manufacturing or parts acquisition to know why the Model 1 is so different than the other models. Price change, manufacturing change?

I guess since the Verizon one can access both cdma and gsm, it has two antenna type thingies - more expensive? Why create phones with that for say AT&T if it is not necessary. Waste of parts and higher costs?

For instance, the Verizon Z30 allows wireless (Qi) charging. It is the only Z30 model which contains the charging circuits. Has to cost more in some manner to allow that.

And now the AT&T Passport has rounded corners rather than the sharp square edges.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-28-15 12:38 PM
    On the radio end of things, the best you can do is make a phone for all GSM carriers, but you have to make separate phones for Verizon and Sprint. Now, you could put GSM bands in these phones for cross-compatibility with GSM networks, but you just can't make phones cross-compatible across CDMA networks. These CDMA phones, when they leave the manufacturer, are flashed to either Verizon or Sprint and you can't reverse this flashing (at least not legally.) Even if you could, Verizon and Sprint both have their respective whitelist of ESNs that they allow on their CDMA network; a newly re-flashed phone is not going to show up on the other carrier's ESN list.

For party technical and mostly business reasons. As mentioned previously, allowed phones are whitelisted. So theoretically even if BB could have made Z10s and Z30s flashed with Sprint's CDMA, if these phones were not in Sprint's ESN database, they would not work on Sprint.

On the business end, the largest purchasers and end sellers of CDMA phones are the carriers themselves. So if your largest buyer of Sprint phones (Sprint) is not interested in selling your phone, why would you make them?

BTW, the Sprint Z30 exists in very, very limited numbers. One person on CB ended up with one, although he couldn't do much with it because he was looking to use it on another carrier. My guess is it was made when the Z30 was being shopped to Sprint, or when they had initially agreed to carry it.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-28-15 12:40 PM
    @F2 @Raino

Thanks for the information I was just curious.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:05 PM
    So the limited number of Z30 that were made for Spirit are totally useless because they are not on Sprints ESN registry?

Manufacturing phones requires a lot of speculative investment.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:43 PM
    So the limited number of Z30 that were made for Spirit are totally useless because they are not on Sprints ESN registry?

Manufacturing phones requires a lot of speculative investment.

Posted via CB10
    Hence one possible reason BB has not yet seemed interested in the speculative Z50. Hey, some of us would even settle for a Z40, maybe Z35!!!! The Z10 and Z30 did not do very well out there. Of course, the OS has substantially changed for the better but I'm sure that they are still quite reluctant to invest in another all touchscreen phone. There might be one on some drawing board and we can only hope.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-28-15 05:20 PM
29 12