I am aware that the Z10 and Q10 do not have charging contacts (which I will definitely miss), but I have yet to see how the charging stand works for the new BB10 phones.

Does anybody have one? Can you post up a YouTube video?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Q4L

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-02-13 08:54 AM
    We haven't seen a charging stand for the Z10 just yet, but I'm pretty sure there is one in the works that'll be pretty awesome (beyond just a straight up charger).

So I think due to that awesome-ness of it, it'll take a little longer for it to come out. But definitely hope it comes soon. Was planning on doing a write up on the blogs requesting it get here asap. I need my charging stand!
    02-02-13 08:59 AM
    Induction Charger!!! That. Would. Be. Awesome.
    02-02-13 09:12 AM
    Thanks for the response CBK!

I needs me my charging stand too!! haha.

I'm looking to get the Q10 in July when my contract expires. In the meantime, I need BBRY to add features to the profile notifications, as well as release a charging stand.

My BB is a tool! I can't afford to throw away the reliable tools I need, or new and shiny ones that I won't use that often.

We haven't seen a charging stand for the Z10 just yet, but I'm pretty sure there is one in the works that'll be pretty awesome (beyond just a straight up charger).

So I think due to that awesome-ness of it, it'll take a little longer for it to come out. But definitely hope it comes soon. Was planning on doing a write up on the blogs requesting it get here asap. I need my charging stand!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 09:21 AM
    In the leaked "BlackBerry 10 accessories" pic it showed that there was a multimedia dock. It sounds pretty cool and I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    02-02-13 09:56 AM
    In the leaked "BlackBerry 10 accessories" pic it showed that there was a multimedia dock. It sounds pretty cool and I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    OH really why didn't Kevin refer to it?

I just came here to ask the same thing. WHERE IS THE CRADLE ! ?
    02-02-13 10:08 AM
    Unfortunately since their are no charging contacts it's going to have to be a torch style sideways charging stand:

Not ideal, I prefer the phone upright, and I really don't like that it uses the USB, but it's better then nothing so I'm sure I'll be picking one up.

Also i'm assuming because it's called a multimedia dock, it's going to also connect to the micro HDMI.. which I guess is cool.. but hopefully they also come out with a model that doesn't.. I keep one next to my bed and another on my desk at the office.. neither place is near a TV, so I hope I don't have to pay a premium for a multimedia dock when all I want it a charging dock.

Hopefully whatever comes, comes soon though! I LOVE being able to pop my BB into the cradle on my bedside table to charge while doubling as a clock/alarm clock. Of course that also requires a bedside mode that automatically puts the phone into the 'phone calls only' profile.. hopefully that follows soon too.. like before end of day tuesday???
    02-02-13 10:19 AM
    I am not a tech, do you know if this is done through NFC?
    Thanks
    Induction Charger!!! That. Would. Be. Awesome.
    02-02-13 10:28 AM
    I am not a tech, do you know if this is done through NFC?
    Thanks
    No, it can't. Induction charging would require physical hardware in the phone.. it's not something they can add via software, so at this point it's not an option unless maybe they were to come out with a kit that included a new batter and new battery door among other things I would imagine to 'upgrade' the phone to induction charging.. not something I would think is likely. If you want induction charging I would say you're only option would be to hammer on powermat to create a case for the z10.. their cases have the induction charging technology in them, and they surround the phone and plug into the usb port.. works well, but a little bulky (I like a naked phone) and I don't like that the powermat itself lays flat.. I wan't my phone upright while charging to use as a clock.
    02-02-13 10:34 AM
    OH really why didn't Kevin refer to it?

I just came here to ask the same thing. WHERE IS THE CRADLE ! ?
    BlackBerry 10 Accessories - BlackBerry 10 Accessories Emerge Online - Softpedia
    rottonj likes this.
    02-02-13 11:08 AM
    I have to say I'm really disappointed there are no charging contacts. Seeing all the people who damaged the micro-USB port on their PlayBooks from charging (or whatever reason), you would think that BlackBerry would have learned their lesson and kept the charging contacts like on the BB9900.
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-02-13 11:18 AM
    I mentioned Induction Charging, using the QI standard, to a couple of people on Wednesday.
    Too bad it isn't on these first two - it is great.
    02-02-13 11:30 AM
    Induction charge circuit could be built into the battery. So in theory, an aftermarket battery + induction mat would work.

No, it can't. Induction charging would require physical hardware in the phone.. it's not something they can add via software, so at this point it's not an option unless maybe they were to come out with a kit that included a new batter and new battery door among other things I would imagine to 'upgrade' the phone to induction charging.. not something I would think is likely. If you want induction charging I would say you're only option would be to hammer on powermat to create a case for the z10.. their cases have the induction charging technology in them, and they surround the phone and plug into the usb port.. works well, but a little bulky (I like a naked phone) and I don't like that the powermat itself lays flat.. I wan't my phone upright while charging to use as a clock.
    02-02-13 11:38 AM
    From BlackBerry on facebook (cover photos)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 charging stand?-.jpg  
    02-02-13 11:46 AM
    From BlackBerry on facebook (cover photos)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    A z10 leaning up against some head phones? I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread at all.. what am i missing?
    02-02-13 11:50 AM
    I thought that was a cradle stand considering there is no silver Z10, my mistake then.
    02-02-13 11:52 AM
    I thought that was a cradle stand considering there is no silver Z10, my mistake then.
    yea, no. That's a white z10 propped up by a pair a headphones, but I could see how you might have come to that conclusion at a quick glance! Thanks for the effort.
    02-02-13 12:01 PM
    Take a look at this podcast from Geeksquad in the UK:

I think you can see it in the preview pic but at around 4:00 there is a static image of a dock/cradle. Hrmm... At 8:00 it shows the Z10 sideways. That's interesting.

Could this be the Blackberry Z10 cradle? If so, I am pumped I've had a cradle for every Blackberry I owned and I want one for the Z10. Since they call it a Multimedia dock, it would be awesome if it had HDMI capability but the port is in the wrong place and seeing this sideways, I'm not even sure if it charges. Maybe this isn't the OEM dock but it does look pretty cool.
    Last edited by snuci; 02-04-13 at 07:25 PM.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:13 PM
    That cradle does look smart and I hope it is the Z10 cradle and not just a generic stand.

Thanks for posting snuci.
    02-04-13 08:02 PM
    Looks like maybe the charging base/neck will rotate or something if that 8 minute mark is the same stand. Cool beaners! Look forward to hearing more if this is the cradle. Nice video, merci'!
    02-04-13 08:08 PM
    Unfortunately since their are no charging contacts it's going to have to be a torch style sideways charging stand:

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...271331-290.jpg
    http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...BB000059_L.jpg

Not ideal, I prefer the phone upright, and I really don't like that it uses the USB, but it's better then nothing so I'm sure I'll be picking one up.

Also i'm assuming because it's called a multimedia dock, it's going to also connect to the micro HDMI.. which I guess is cool.. but hopefully they also come out with a model that doesn't.. I keep one next to my bed and another on my desk at the office.. neither place is near a TV, so I hope I don't have to pay a premium for a multimedia dock when all I want it a charging dock.

Hopefully whatever comes, comes soon though! I LOVE being able to pop my BB into the cradle on my bedside table to charge while doubling as a clock/alarm clock. Of course that also requires a bedside mode that automatically puts the phone into the 'phone calls only' profile.. hopefully that follows soon too.. like before end of day tuesday???

there is a bed time mode, lock the device, slide down like you were going to settings and bingo your screen is a nightlight clock and it says bedside mode

dear oh dear blackberry users

i had the 9860 charge stand and loved the smart cradle that i could set it to lock, open the calender and switch off wifi and bluetooth and turn to silent all by jsut plugging it in the stand, it needs to be done, a cradle is the best accessory.

the dissapointing things on the z10 sofar are no apps linked between 10 and PB, so everything you purchase on PB for the last 2 years you have to buy all over again for the Z10, not clever at all and makes me really angry that BB was so shortsighted with this as i now have to wait to see fi they will sort it out, or pay nearly another �30 quid to download all my work apps duplicated.

battery life, shocking, 10 hours talk time, i get about 10 hours use...period, daily and thats is all of us on the IT team testing this, so its not my battery. Looks like i will have to get a battery charger bundle, i never have needed to in the past, its crazy.
    02-19-13 05:51 AM
    Nothing beats a cradle with contacts built on the phone. Being able to just drop the phone is the cradle is priceless. I really miss this feature

Maybe a future model will have the contacts.
    dmlis likes this.
    02-19-13 06:47 AM
    Actually lots of the app that I bought on the PlayBook were available to download for my Z10 without any fee. I think it's up to the developer to decide to charge or not.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:56 AM
    I already posted pictures in another thread of the multimedia docking pod, as far as I know this will be the only charging pod. Search for this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-order-771928/
    02-19-13 07:02 AM
    If you know someone who works at Blackberry in Waterloo you can have one too, my GF picked one up for me, I have been using if for a week now, It is easy to put the phone in and take out and charges really fast since it uses the premium charger that charges twice as fast. I havn't used the HDMI cable yet, I may teest that tonight.
    02-19-13 07:06 AM
37 12