Hey everyone. I could of had swore I saw a thread regarding my issue already but even when I try and search for it I can't find it so here I am.

I woke up this morning around 7:45 and took a look at my Z10. The battery icon in the top left still had a lightning bolt going through it. I thought that was strange because typically by now it would be full and display the plug type symbol indicating so.

So then I went to the settings and checked out what the battery said under hardware, and it stated it was at 100%!
    Z10 charging issue-img_00000088.png
    Utterly confused at this point I fired up BX battery info (a great app Btw, and the active frame shows the percentage really big. Though I don't usually leave it open) and lo and behold it said my battery was at 98%
    Z10 charging issue-img_00000087.png
    So at this point I have no idea what is happening, also you can see that it still has the lightning bolt through the battery up top.

So I was wondering if this is something that isn't right or is just not a big deal. I then browsed crackberry till 10ish and was down to 50%.

Z10 charging issue-img_00000089.png
    I'm only 5 days into owning the device but is this normal? Also with the charging issue as well. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-27-13 09:45 AM
    Sounds like something is running the battery down in the background. That % of battery use is not normal. There are a few apps which have been tagged already as poorly coded and running the battery down. Which may continue to run even if not shown in active frame.

We are also doing corporate testing for the the BB10. We allowed I-pads and I-phones on the network last year and more than half our active BES users jumped ship to the IP5. Does your firm also utilize High Availability Environment? We have not even heard a firm release date yet.
    03-27-13 09:55 AM
    I do not use the device on a bes server but I have no blackberry travel or whatsapp or ebay installed. I have a memory eater installed as well to close the Android player. But my main concern is The charging issue as I think the battery will settle in after a week or so.

03-27-13 09:57 AM
    I do believe that the native battery indicator rounds up/down to the nearest 5th or 0th percentile, which would explain the difference between that (@100%) and BX (@98%).

As for the lightning bolt, when you charge the phone and the turn it on to use while it's on the "plug" symbol that indicates 100% could change to the lightning bolt rather quickly.
    03-27-13 09:58 AM
    I wouldn't worry about the charging "Problem " I say that because it's not a problem at all. That's just how the phone is to keep the battery healthy and in good shape. The phone will deplete the battery even at 100% and then charge it back again etc.

It does that to again keep the battery in good shape. My z10 does the same thing

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 10:02 AM
    I do believe that the native battery indicator rounds up/down to the nearest 5th or 0th percentile, which would explain the difference between that (@100%) and BX (@98%).

As for the lightning bolt, when you charge the phone and the turn it on to use while it's on the "plug" symbol that indicates 100% could change to the lightning bolt rather quickly.
    Hm interesting. Thank you for that information and also I left the screen on to see if it would go back and didn't. So if that is not an issue, what is your take on the battery life?

03-27-13 10:03 AM
    I wouldn't worry about the charging "Problem " I say that because it's not a problem at all. That's just how the phone is to keep the battery healthy and in good shape. The phone will deplete the battery even at 100% and then charge it back again etc.

It does that to again keep the battery in good shape. My z10 does the same thing

Posted via CB10
    Thanks so much! I really was confused and read it in another thread somewhere that it was an issue so I decided it figure out what the deal is.

03-27-13 10:04 AM