Has anyone had any experience with this specific dock? It seems to have the best rating of all on Amazon, but there are only two reviews. I don't really care about the HDMI port, but I really want the extra battery slot, so this seems like the perfect fit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CMR...bUvbUpU8751428

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:11 PM
    ordered it, own it, rock it. Love it. Well made. Recommend 100%. works with a case or without.

edit: realize now it's the extra battery charger one. I have the HDMI one, but it's the same fitting and same casing. Fits really well, slides into place. Just a bit difficult to pull out afterwards.
    07-02-13 08:16 PM
    ordered it, own it, rock it. Love it. Well made. Recommend 100%. works with a case or without.

edit: realize now it's the extra battery charger one. I have the HDMI one, but it's the same fitting and same casing. Fits really well, slides into place. Just a bit difficult to pull out afterwards.
    Thanks man! I'd rather it be a snug fit than a loose one anyways (that's what she said).

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar and Ecm like this.
    07-02-13 08:21 PM
    Don't have experience particularly with that one, but don't buy this one !! :

Mobi Products Desktop Charging Cradle for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cradles | ShopCrackBerry

There are no sides so you scratch up the side of your Z next to the charging jack trying to "guess" the exact mating point, and the back "angle" is wrong so that the power jack does not make good contact. I actually used the soft side of a velcro square to prop the phone out enough to fit snugly!
    I finally returned it after a week.
    07-02-13 08:29 PM
    That looks really cool! I miss the dock I was using for my 9860.....
    07-02-13 08:29 PM
    what happened to the OEM one that people were seeing in the RIM employee stores?
    07-02-13 08:32 PM
    On a semi-related note....where is BlackBerry's official dock? What could they possibly be waiting for? I was certain that a month after picking up my Z10 I'd shortly be opening my wallet for a slick BlackBerry BT Keyboard / Docking Cradle with HDMI so I could truly realize this promised mobile computing revolution. Ummmm......not so much.
    07-02-13 08:41 PM
    On a semi-related note....where is BlackBerry's official dock? What could they possibly be waiting for? I was certain that a month after picking up my Z10 I'd shortly be opening my wallet for a slick BlackBerry BT Keyboard / Docking Cradle with HDMI so I could truly realize this promised mobile computing revolution. Ummmm......not so much.
    It had been mentioned that there had been one in the works sometime ago, but that it was apparently not released because the Z doesn't support landscape in the homescreen yet. Only people that were close with BlackBerry employees had gotten one via the employee (If I remeber correctly)
    ClevelandBB likes this.
    07-02-13 08:48 PM
    Ya I'm holding off for the BlackBerry branded dock.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    07-02-13 08:53 PM
    Ya I'm holding off for the BlackBerry branded dock.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Where do you live? I have one I've never used.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-13 08:57 PM

Where do YOU live!? I would LOVE one!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:58 PM
    Where do YOU live!? I would LOVE one!

Posted via CB10
    East coast of Canada. Not really interested in shipping and I saw his Canadian flag avatar so there's a 1 in 13 chance he lives in the same province as me. Going by your username I have a hunch you're not here.

07-02-13 09:02 PM
    East coast of Canada. Not really interested in shipping and I saw his Canadian flag avatar so there's a 1 in 13 chance he lives in the same province as me. Going by your username I have a hunch you're not here.

You would be correct in your assumption, sir!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:28 PM

I'm in Canada, specifically Ottawa. PM me and we can deal!
    07-02-13 10:27 PM
    I just found this on eBay looks interesting for those of you who can't wait.

Kidigi Hdmi Cover Mate Charger Cradle AC USB Wall Dock FOR Blackberry Z10 Phone | eBay
    07-02-13 10:29 PM
    It had been mentioned that there had been one in the works sometime ago, but that it was apparently not released because the Z doesn't support landscape in the homescreen yet. Only people that were close with BlackBerry employees had gotten one via the employee (If I remeber correctly)
    When BlackBerry cannot get their own software to work in portrait and landscape mode you know they have lost all hope. Sad. Fire the development team and hire the primates at the Toronto Zoo.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-02-13 10:40 PM
    I got a charging dock on Amazon about a month ago and I find it great. Actually have two now. No HDMI, and it doesn't come with the actual charger (just connect yours) but it does accommodate and charge a spare battery, and also has a removeable insert to accommodate charging with a case.

Z10 Charging Dock-img_00000473.png
    Z10 Charging Dock-img_00000475.jpg
    Z10 Charging Dock-img_00000477.jpg
    Z10 Charging Dock-img_00000478.jpg

This is a cheap option but works well. Z10 slides in and out effortlessly, and the sides make lining up the connector impossible to mess up. LED power light and another showing spare battery charging status.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:53 PM
    When BlackBerry cannot get their own software to work in portrait and landscape mode you know they have lost all hope. Sad. Fire the development team and hire the primates at the Toronto Zoo.
    I'm sure it'll come. It's already on par with the other OS' in terms of the mobile computing aspect. So I wouldn't really be so dramatic about it. BlackBerry wouldn't waste money to design and develop a dock with HDMI for a brand new phone if they had no intention of providing landscape OS for mobile computing.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:54 PM
    OEM dock isn't released yet. Excuse is Z10 home screen icons don't work in landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:38 AM
    What the f**k?!?
    Icons can't work in landscape mode? Is that the real problem that doesn't allow BlackBerry to sell the docking station? In 2013 they cannot handle this HUGE problem?!?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:27 PM
    I am a Z10 user in Australia and am desperate to get a genuine BlackBerry charging dock. Are you able to source one for me? Or do you know of anywhere/anyone I can get one from? I realise that there would be extra costs for postage to Australia but that is OK.

Thanks,
    Tim
    07-04-13 01:02 AM
    What the f**k?!?
    Icons can't work in landscape mode? Is that the real problem that doesn't allow BlackBerry to sell the docking station? In 2013 they cannot handle this HUGE problem?!?

Posted via CB10
    I think to them it is not the highest priority at the moment. Personally I'd rather get the actionable notifications, wifi direct, better lock screen keyboard, battery enhancements, android 4.2.2, etc.

Once they solidify the OS they can fine tune and add landscape support.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:19 AM
    Anyway the hub is great in landscape mode, the icons are a minor issue. Am thinking about a docking station but would like one that could be permanently cabled to a screen so don't need to faff with cables all the time. Importing this stuff costs a fortune, sometimes more than the item cost.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:09 AM
    Anyway the hub is great in landscape mode, the icons are a minor issue. Am thinking about a docking station but would like one that could be permanently cabled to a screen so don't need to faff with cables all the time. Importing this stuff costs a fortune, sometimes more than the item cost.

Posted via CB10
    Bought this dock from this website and had it shipped to me in Toronto. I think after shipping, taxes and duties it came out to $44. Works amazing. Charges the phone and has a permanent HDMI connector that is full size out of the back of the dock, not mini.

http://www.nakedcellphone.com/p-3908...z10-phone.aspx

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-04-13 07:52 AM
    Actually when the phone is in the dock on my night table I am laying down in bed and the icons being sideways is perfect. Come on Blackberry release the darn thing already!!!
    What the f**k?!?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:09 AM
26 12